10.22.12

TRYING SOMETHING NEW

searching around the internet is one of the main aspects of my job. whether i am trying to find the credit to a photo i found on pinterest, or hunting for the perfect venue to hold blogshop. i am constantly scrolling and searching. and to be honest, i use google 100% of the time for that.

this week, bing has put me to the challenge to use their search engine on my computers, tablets, and my iPhone for the whole week (they say 2 to 1 people chose bing over google!). so i figured why not try something new? if there is something out there that is going to make my job easier, i am sure up for giving it a shot.

so here i go, bing! i’ll let you guys know what i liked (and if i didn’t like certain things) at the end of the week! and if you want to try it out with me, set your browser right over here.

this post is sponsored by alt summit and bing. all opinions are my very own.

photos by designlovefest instagram.

bri says:

haha michelle. scary right? it will be interesting breaking my habits this week!

Chick Tyler says:

I can’t wait to hear what you think! I’ve been wondering Google vs Bing!

Cori Magee says:

I’ve been trying Bing lately too… I like that it gives you different size options for images.

monica says:

I just Bing something for the very first time! I’m used to Google, and before Google I used Yahoo. My favorite browser is Chrome, so Google is the default search engine.

Al says:

google is my everything!

Benthe says:

At school, the automatic browser is Bing but it just is not my style. Google is my big love.

charlotte. says:

mmm i’m a google girl, but new things are always good! count me in on the challenge.

Whatever the result is, I find it so charming that you are letting your readers what you are up to and preparing them for e review, and not just pop up on Friday with a random post about something that everyone will question it’s purpose. You rock!

Landi says:

How neat! Have you seen their commercial with people using Bing vs. Google and yelling out like “Bing over Google” and things of the like. I personally haven’t used Bing but seems like it’s getting better and better ratings. Can’t wait to see what you think about it!

Leigh says:

Can’t wait to hear what you decide!… I can’t imagine life without google lol

Noor says:

I would love to hear what you think of it bc I am google everything mail, reader, blogger, documents lol. Google has pretty much taken over the world and I am okay with that :p

Don’t like Bing. It’s just not convenient, nor is it visually appealing. The search results aren’t great either and even when I change my settings it keeps pupping up in my browser. I like Google and all it’s services, and should I ever use other search engines it would have to be amazing.

Kiki says:

Bri, where are your jammies from?? They’re adorable!!

Rachel says:

I already took the challenge on Bing’s web site, and Google still won. Google 2012! =]

Nicole says:

Your PJ’s are so cute!!! Where are they from?

I don’t know … hmmm. I use Google everyday and can’t imagine to work with something else. But why not to try! 😉

I know you’ve kind of done a post on this, but I would like to know how you hunt down pictures from pinterest – specificially ones that seem to only lead to tumblr

Daniela says:

I find it pretty hard to believe that 2 to 1 people choose Bing over Google. I found this blog entry from the Bing site (http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/search/archive/2012/09/06/challenge-announce.aspx) and it said that 2:1 prefer Bing over Google in blind comparison tests, not in regular use.

berns says:

@daniela – right! this study is wayyyy different then deliberately choosing bing. i have this conversation daily (i work in tech support) and i don’t know A SINGLE person that uses bing in the “real world”.