10.23.12

STYLE / 73

this is definitely a shoot i will never forget. besides it being the most fun, i also thought i was going to die the next day after jumping on a trampoline for 8 hours straight.

i teamed up with lucky magazine again to show you some of my favorite fall coats (see our first collab here!) one of the best parts about the lucky collaboration is that they give me all sorts of creative freedom, which always gets my mind spinning with ideas. happy coat shopping, friends!

shop these coats…
above: lauren moffatt epaulet coat
below: lauren moffatt to kill a mockingbird scout coat

above: lauren moffatt yellow sylvia coat
below:
vintage (from wasteland in LA)

below: emerson fry leopard linen coat

below: madewell letterman sweater jacket

coats also seen in video & instagrams below:
anthropologie yellow collared peplum coat
anthropologie pink elytra cocoon coat
emerson fry fog grey wool coat
lauren moffatt nora hooded peacoat

and now for the video! angela and ithyle did such a good job shooting it, and then my boyfriend edited it like a boss. i feel so lucky to be working with such ridiculous talent. we hope you enjoy our jumpin video and check out the lucky article on their site!

video produced by: designlovefest & lucky magazine
video directors and photography: angela + ithyle
video editing: modshift
hair: nicole gehweiler
makeup: rachel deSimone

• 1. leann  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:16 am

omg bri!!!! SO COOL!!!! how do you make everything look SO GOOD?!

• 2. leann  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:19 am

balloons. NEEDS MORE BALLONS! :) absolutely stunning, creative, amazing, everything i would want in a designlovefest style-shoot.

• 3. Tiffany  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:30 am

that video could not have been any more fantastic. not even if it were dipped in cream and rolled in sugar.

• 4. idreamofkelly  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:31 am

you are killin it bri bri! absolutely amazing!

• 5. Sarolta  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:41 am

This style shoot goes beyond everything! It just blew my mind. And so great instagrams and that amazing video! WOW!

• 6. Cari  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:41 am

What a beautiful shoot and ridiculously cool video. I absolutely love it.

• 7. katie evans!  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:41 am

dude. this is so freakin’ cute. high-five-over-the-internet.

• 8. Heidi  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:46 am

So. Much. Fun. My favorite DLF / Bri moment to date. Yea, I said it.

Live Inspired,
    Heidi
    athousandlaughingstarfish.blogspot.com

• 9. joana | myseastory  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:49 am

wow, no words can describe how amazon is this shoot and the video beats it all!!

• 10. la domestique  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:50 am

Love the leopard coat and the photos are so fun and different!

• 11. laura parke  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:51 am

bri, i love this video!! such great colors and movement. the jumping is genius. thanks for the inspiration!

• 12. Jaclyn  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:53 am

This is amazing! I think it might be my favorite one yet. The colors are so dreamy. Who makes those striped tights??

• 13. Ali Mackin  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:56 am

Wow Brie you really outdid yourself! I especially like the Lauren Moffat Sylvia coat, everything she does is brilliant. I even did a post on her! And I can relate to your trampoline experience. Years ago I was an extra in a music video and we had to hop up and down on these big romper room balls. And we were shooting in the meat packing district in January!! Muscles I didn’t even know I had hurt!

Ali of:

• 14. bri  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:02 am

hi jaclyn, they are from american apparel!

• 15. justbeth  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:12 am

Woah-zers! This is just plain joyful, bravo :)

• 16. Jane  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 am

Wow this is incredible! Bri never fails to surprise us!

• 17. Megan Gilger  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:22 am

What the fuck!?! This is the coolest shoot I have ever seen. You are a rockstar. Keep it real girl.

• 18. Bonnie  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:26 am

wait, this looks actually amazing bri!! …and that background ripple, just wow.

• 19. erin  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:28 am

Agh! Love it all! You are so talented and adorable!

• 20. kate  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:36 am

Favorite style post of yours yet! Always something new! So, so awesome!

• 21. Olivia  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:38 am

Love the shoot! Love the video. I mean, how do you not have a blast with gorgeous coats and a trampoline!?

• 22. Katie  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:41 am

YOU ARE SO FUN! Love this!
    -K

• 23. Irene  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:49 am

OMG so awesome! love love love the colors and feel of the shoot!

• 24. Kate  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 8:57 am

This may be one of my favorite things of yours that you’ve ever done :) You look so fab and I want every single one of those looks in my closet.

Kate

• 25. emily  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:09 am

Love this!!! What a fun shoot, and what lovely pieces to wear! Thanks for sharing :)

• 26. juliet  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:10 am

who makes that adorable blue dress?

• 27. Chelsea C.  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:14 am

Okay, so what we’re saying is that from now on, everything should be done on a trampoline. Basically.

And did I miss the info on the sequined coat with the oversized hood? I want that one! This is amazing, girl. Party on.

• 28. aimee  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:15 am

Bri! where are those striped tights from??! i need!

• 29. Melanie  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:18 am

This is one of the coolest posts I’ve ever seen EVER. EVER.

• 30. Michelle  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:19 am

obsessed

• 31. Jacquelyn | lark&linen  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:23 am

This might be my favourite thing you’ve done. Your creative mind never ceases to amaze me!

• 32. lydia {ever ours}  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:34 am

love your striped tights! the blue coat is probably my fave.

• 33. Uncle Beefy  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:38 am

Joining the crowd to say MY FAVORITE shoot so far, Bri! LOVING it!

• 34. HANNAHLUXDAVIS  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:46 am

These photos are INSANE!!! <3 <3 <3

• 35. Victoria Smith  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:50 am

holy crap. when are the TV crews gonna start calling? this is amazing!!

• 36. Taylor Rae  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:54 am

That shot of you with the butterflies in your hair is like a dream come true.

• 37. Shauna — Nubbytwiglet.com  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 9:56 am

Bri, you look amazing and the fact that you were jumping on a trampoline takes this shoot up another notch on the awesome scale. LOVE!

• 38. Kat  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 10:08 am

Seriously though, you should go lavender.

• 39. stephanie  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 am

This shoot is soooo rad! a trampoline + great styling = a visual blast!

• 40. LARY@ Inspiration Nook  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 am

AMAZING!!! Wish I could work with you guys, Seriously.

• 41. Jeanne  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 10:46 am

You get more amazing each time! Loving EVERY bit of it!! xo Jeanne

• 42. saudia  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 10:48 am

omg this is so cute!

• 43. Melanie  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 10:55 am

Hi Bri, I love this shoot and the video. I’m a film studies major and I’m really interested in getting into editing, however I’m having a hard time figuring out what program to use, and where to find tutorials, experience, etc. Arian’s editing is always SO great… do you think he could give some editing advice?

• 44. Style Tutor  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:00 am

Love everything about this! I have to know where you got those tights? They are amazing!

• 45. miss kelly  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:10 am

whoa…..replay!

• 46. Mercedes  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:10 am

wauw love all of the pictures, you look great! love the second blue coat, i´m very much into blue now. and love that last picture where you can peep your stripy knickers, hi hi hi!

• 47. Kim  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:14 am

one of my favorite movies yet!

• 48. Tonya  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:16 am

holy moly! So cool!

• 49. Mfree  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:20 am

Brilliant.. love all the looks and the final photos. seriously seriously awesome!

• 50. charlotte.  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:23 am

ahh!! i cannot get over how much i love this shoot, the colours, the coats, YOUR PURPLE LIKE HAIR IN ONE OF THE PHOTOS. just too cool for words. officially in love with every photo.

• 51. Ada  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:28 am

Looks like SOOOOO much fun! I wanna trampoline too!

• 52. Rox  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:47 am

omg! what a fun little video. I’m impressed…you were literally jumping that entire time!!

• 53. Hilary  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:58 am

Killed it… enough said. (!!!!!!)

• 54. Leigh  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Oh I love them all! And I just want to be you in this photo shoot! It looks like you are having so much fun! And the pictures are amazing!

• 55. sooki  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 12:43 pm

WOW. You absolutely know how to rock those coats! Such an awesome shoot.

• 56. richele  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 1:18 pm

super cute.

wondering if you can talk about music licensing issues with your next help column? I guess even wedding video folks are getting pinged from it. I was wondering how you address that.

• 57. Coat fest | Sweet Nothing&hellip  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 1:31 pm

[…] video, produced by Design Love Fest and Lucky Magazine is just what you need for all your outerwear solutions. Take […]

• 58. http://www.senmai.pl/  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Gorgeous!! The photos are sooo good! L-O-V-E them!!!

• 59. monica  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 2:12 pm

yup, what everybody said before me in the comments above.
    My favorite, so far.

• 60. Maria  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 3:02 pm

wow….just great

• 61. erinloechner  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 3:29 pm

OMG OMG OMG! Great, great job, Bri. Such a gifted team you guys make! (Sidenote: I have that Emerson coat and love, love, love it.)

• 62. Queen Mother  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I sit here and giggle at the comments! Sometimes the shortest ones are my fave, like when Miss Kelly said, “whoa…..replay.” haha As always, I’m busting my buttons proud of your work, Breezy! Love, Mama

• 63. ladynoble  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I love everything about this style post. GREAT video! props to everyone :)

• 64. Christelle is flabbergasting  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 4:22 pm

This is SO COOL! You’re so fun! Totally loving it and sharing it!

• 65. sue  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 4:33 pm

insanely cool… loving the butterflies, red coat, yellow bunny mask & stripy tights! time to makeover my winter wardrobe prontisimo!

• 66. Katie  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 4:43 pm

The photography is amazing! Makes me want to kick it up a gear on my blog! XX

Sweet Apple Lifestyle

• 67. meri cherry  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 5:40 pm

this. is. awesome. really fantastic. kudos!

• 68. Pink Ronnie  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 5:42 pm

In love. You are such a model, Bri.
    Ronnie xo

• 69. Brandy  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:23 pm

that video is THEE CUTEST thing i have ever seen. i realized halfway through i was smiling the whole time i was watching. a;sldfkj. i die.

• 70. Megan  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:24 pm

You made me want every single one of those coats. Adorable. Xx

• 71. Catherine  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Banns pants! Those are hot photos! Congrats on the collab

• 72. katie  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 11:39 pm

My most favorite style post yet! were can we find these horizontal striped stockings?

• 73. Lucia @ Utterly Engaged  |  October 24th, 2012 at 1:33 am

Wow! This is freakin amazing. You did it again! I could watch the video over and over and over.

• 74. Diana  |  October 24th, 2012 at 4:27 am

This whole post is fabulous!

• 75. Nancy  |  October 24th, 2012 at 7:20 am

This is the coolest post I’ve ever seen!!!!!

• 76. Stefanie  |  October 24th, 2012 at 8:27 am

bri, you are such a rockstar. you look like an absolute fashion icon in these photos. ugh, looove, so much.

• 77. caitlin of wanderlustings  |  October 24th, 2012 at 9:09 am

perfection once again, Bri! keep ‘em coming – they inspire me so much!

• 78. Kimmy D.  |  October 24th, 2012 at 9:15 am

Cute coats! Love the post!

Doing a jewelry giveaway on my blog… check it out!

• 79. whatever its wednesday &l&hellip  |  October 24th, 2012 at 9:31 am

[…] this shot  and video with Lucky Magazine and Bri is the BEST. […]

• 80. Gala  |  October 24th, 2012 at 9:36 am

This is GORGEOUS! So inspiring. I love it!

• 81. Trinidad  |  October 24th, 2012 at 9:40 am

OMG. That video has to be the most fun thing ever. I love it!

• 82. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  October 24th, 2012 at 11:03 am

you look GREAT!! the clothes are stunning and your photos are adorable {especially love the wasteland LA outfit}. amazing as always!

• 83. Courtney K  |  October 24th, 2012 at 11:51 am

Bri, you did a really great job with this one. It was so much fun! Congrats!!

• 84. Megan  |  October 24th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Amazing photos Bri! You get prettier with each photoshoot!

• 85. Caroline C  |  October 24th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Hi Bri,
    Love this idea so much… I saw a picture before on twitter and couldn’t wait to see it! I was wondering… is the black dress you’re wearing from american apparel too? I need to have it; so flattering and versatile!!
    Warmly,
    Caroline

• 86. bri  |  October 24th, 2012 at 8:15 pm

caroline! thank you! it IS from american apparel and will make you feel like a real gymnast.

• 87. Andi  |  October 24th, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I think this is the best video you have ever made! I love it! The music works so well with it! You must have been dying after jumping that much though!

• 88. Sarah  |  October 25th, 2012 at 6:36 am

How did I miss this post? I am IN LOVE with that Yellow Sylvia Coat. Great lines, great color, and you look like you’re having a blast wearing it!

• 89. Ash  |  October 25th, 2012 at 8:11 am

The butterflies in the hair – you’re killing me dead, girl. Love love love.

• 90. Alyssa  |  October 25th, 2012 at 8:39 am

Looks like so much fun. Love all the videos and looking forward to more!

• 91. samantha  |  October 25th, 2012 at 9:22 am

You’re too adorable. Just stop. I can’t handle it.

But seriously, that video was too cute.

• 92. Happy Friday «&hellip  |  October 26th, 2012 at 9:50 am

[…] really amazing coats.  I LOVE the second one Like this:LikeBe the first to like […]

• 93. ashley  |  October 27th, 2012 at 8:38 am

LOVE all the outfits, and you look absolutely adorable! nice work team!

• 94. ebb & flow :: fabulou&hellip  |  October 28th, 2012 at 2:05 pm

[…] • The best style shoot I’ve seen in awhile. […]

• 95. STYLE / 74 | D E S I G N &hellip  |  October 30th, 2012 at 6:00 am

[…] week we did an entire post about all the coats i have had my eye on this fall. this emerson fry leopard linen coat was absolutely one of my […]

• 96. winter silhouettes | for &hellip  |  November 1st, 2012 at 10:00 am

[…] this post made me realize i am in serious need of a cute coat, but i’m in a bit of a predicament. tailored or oversized, that is the question, my friends. i’ve been in awe of this one by emerson fry for a long while and this one over at j.crew as well. […]

• 97. Friday Favs 10 | Mary Co&hellip  |  November 2nd, 2012 at 6:57 am

[…] This Style post from the always inspiring Bri at DesignLoveFest. It’s finally feeling like autumn in LA, so […]

• 98. Lindsay Rondo  |  November 3rd, 2012 at 9:04 pm

this video and those outfits are genius. insane. love it!

• 99. STYLE / 79 | D E S I G N &hellip  |  December 4th, 2012 at 6:01 am

[…] me choose my favorite item to style for winter. and as you may know, i am obsessed with outerwear (see here!) so i went right for this fitted wool jacket. i loved the pocket details, the chambray lining and […]

• 100. HIGHLIGHT REEL | bloglov.&hellip  |  December 27th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

[…] jumping around with lucky magazine…that was a good […]

• 101. CAT EYE BEAUTY TIP | D E &hellip  |  January 2nd, 2013 at 12:03 pm

[…] yelling in the mirror, having uneven wings, smearing it. until rachel, who did my makeup on the lucky shoot, saved everything. she told me i had to get this stila eyeliner. it really is the best and makes […]

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg