10.18.12

NEED MORE PLANTS

i added one plant to my living room…ONE! and it changed the room completely. the power of plants, i tell ya. my mission is to have this house full of them. whether that means on the wall

or hanging out on the side tables in fun planters

or succulents everywhere (since i am known to travel and kill plants)…

don’t you agree about plants being game changers? here’s a few things to up your plant life…

shop this board: 1. Modernica cylinder planter,  2. Terrain terrarium, 3. Ikea potted plant, 4. Terrain brass plant mister, 5. A+R pod planter, 6. Anthropologie garden twine hanger

(top photo credit: ethanollie etsy)

Krista says:

Totally agree. I’m hooked on the idea of adding a big old fig tree to a sad corner in our living room but am scared I will kill it with my black thumb. Adore succulents though….so easy & beautiful.

I tell myself this constantly until I remember I have a black thumb. Succulents are totally the way to go. Admittedly, I have killed a succulent or two (that takes serious skill) – but I have to say that for the most part they are easy peasy to take care of

Plants are the BEST way to spruce up a home! Plus they provide oxygen & cheer you up! I am amazing at killing plants to so succulents for me!

Lauren says:

Love this post because I definitely just developed the same philosophy! I’m terrible at keeping plants alive…even cacti and succulents! But a recent trip to terrain inspired me…I actually picked up that brass mister and I now have one non desert plant that is kind of still alive and snuggled in a grouping on my windowsill!

wow – that wall plant is a bold statement!

Kristina says:

I completely agree that plants are sooo important! Xoxo

DANIELLE L says:

Anthropologie is never a bad place to try and grab a few plant holders. I did a small post about plant life; http://dlandyy.blogspot.com/2012/08/plant-life.html just to showcase the simplicity & beauty of plants.

Tiffany B. says:

I have 2 plants from Ikea. The money tree Bri has in the graphic and another. I tell you – Ikea plants are great, if they can live in the bottom of Ikea they can live anywhere. I have had mine over a year and they are doing great.

Kat says:

The first thing I do when I move into a new space is buy a plant. Farmer Markets are a goldmine for cheap, interesting looking greenery.

Chick Tyler says:

Succulents are so popular right now!
    It’s like you read my mind on the whole more plants thing too!

gabrielle says:

what’s your secret to plants + cats? i’m having issues with my cat digging and eating the leaves, help!

Rox says:

oh! I love the little planters with the faces on them…
    as for plants in our apartment- we’ve got them ALL OVER. it just makes your space much more cozy.

becky says:

where are the face planters from ? must have them!

Agreed! I have an elephant bonsai tree on my coffee table that adds lots of style to the place. It’s roots are above soil so each one is so unique looking… and I love being surrounded by plants/flowers so I’m all about bringing the outside in.

Di says:

I just bought my first 2 succulents as I too seem unable to keep “real” plants alive. I would love to have a collection like the one you’ve photographed……and some quirky little planters.

Michelle says:

what a lovely post, my place needs some green as well. that cylindrical planter (one) is going on my xmas list fo’ sho’

Sarah says:

I love number 2! Plants are a total game changer! I think it’s one of the easiest (and cheapest) ways to drastically change a space. Natural light is hard to come by in my apartment, I’d love to see some low light options!

Judith says:

I’m a sucker for succulents!

Molly says:

succulents and terrariums are the best. i agree, plants are totally game changers and i am really considering a terrarium as the only plant i have kept alive thus far is a little basil plant in my kitchen.

I love adding plants to my apartment. I had three four last year and then they all got ants. So that was bad! I still have a lucky bambooo plant that sits on my windowsill but am dying to add more!
    xoxo
    Megan

Angela says:

Hi Bri!

Love the post! Have you ever heard of The Sill? They create gorgeous potted plants that require little work to maintain–prefect for city dwellers. They research all the best plants (long life, easy care, adaptable) and then place them in super cool, eclectic containers. I think it’s right up your alley!

Check them out here: http://www.thesill.com/

xo, Angela

Absolutely! Im doing the same in my apartment right now.

Malori says:

I just bought a slew of cacti and succulents for my desk. I think they’ll make the sweetest office plants around 🙂

Jen says:

You might want to check your link for this sentence:
    “or hanging out on the side tables in fun planters…” because fun planters takes you to a model’s website