10.26.12

MAKE IT / 22

we’ve been doing some intense DIY posts around here lately…it’s time for a simple craft today! one that only takes a few minutes. i have always made inspiration boards to keep up around me while i work and i’m constantly switching items in and out. you could definitely use these glitter magnets on your fridge to add some sass, but i chose to hang up some my recent inspirations in my office.

what you’ll need:

• circular magnets
• glitter
• clear craft glue
• gold spray paint
• gloss clear coat enamel

the steps:

• spray magnets with 2-3 coats of gold spray paint taking care to get the sides of magnets, let dry
• lay a nice layer of clear craft glue on the entire surface of magnet
• dip magnets in glitter

• shake off excess glitter, lightly pat glitter into glue with finger to help keep the shape of the glitter mass circular
• dip magnet in glitter again and repeat the previous step, let dry
• spray with two coats of clear coat enamel to seal and prevent glitter from shedding

these would be a cute gift in a little see through bag for a friend!

project by: natalie shriver for designlovefest
photos by: kimberly genevieve
more DIY projects here

and thanks martha stewart for blogging our ombre pendant lights!

• 1. chrisi  |  October 26th, 2012 at 6:07 am

What a GREAT idea!!!! I love this. Glitter anything is fun, and then it gets in your hair, face, etc. haha good idea with the enamel coating :]
    xoxo
    stay fabulous.

• 2. anna - Today I Like Blog  |  October 26th, 2012 at 6:29 am

hey! I love glitter, I love magnets… so I guess I’ll have to try this :)
    thxs for sharing
    anna

• 3. janae  |  October 26th, 2012 at 6:34 am

GORG! Totally making these, like today!! When I make is it cool if I link back to ya for the original inspiration?!?!

• 4. Katie Meyers / Meyers Styles  |  October 26th, 2012 at 8:19 am

LOVE these adorable magnets, Bri! So creative and festive, especially with the holidays around the corner. Will definitely be making a set of my own this weekend!

• 5. Friday Already? « A&hellip  |  October 26th, 2012 at 8:25 am

[...] is a really cute DIY. Share this:Like this:LikeOne blogger likes this. Published: October 26, 2012 Filed Under: Link [...]

• 6. Danielle Torres  |  October 26th, 2012 at 8:33 am

Umm, Brilliant!

• 7. stephanie  |  October 26th, 2012 at 8:36 am

Great activity for kids! (and older kids!) Super cute.

• 8. Michelle  |  October 26th, 2012 at 9:36 am

the world needs more glitter!

• 9. Lulu  |  October 26th, 2012 at 9:37 am

LOVED it! thanksss

• 10. lydia {ever ours}  |  October 26th, 2012 at 11:28 am

super cute DIY!

• 11. Ange  |  October 26th, 2012 at 11:32 am

Posted on July 30, 2011:

I’d hate to think you’re stealing other creatives’ ideas. Perhaps it was just a coincidence…

• 12. Latrina  |  October 26th, 2012 at 11:52 am

Hah! So simple yet it adds so much character! I love this. :D

• 13. Jaclyn  |  October 26th, 2012 at 12:26 pm

So cute and simple, I love little crafts like this. I might have to try this over the weekend.

• 14. Mary Beth  |  October 26th, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I’m totally making these to go on my fridge. Simple and easy.. Mine might all be gold though!

• 15. bri  |  October 26th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

hi ange. i have never seen that glitter magnet DIY before, that was a coincidence. with such a simple craft, there is bound to be other people who have tried it. we do have our own spin on it, luckily :) thanks for pointing those out to me though.

• 16. natalie  |  October 26th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Ange, they say great minds think alike and I can assure you that we glued and glittered independently of other craft blogs. With as many craft posts as we do I imagine some projects being found elsewhere is inevitable. This is a really fun and easy project, so where ever you found it I highly suggest you give it a go.

• 17. Holli Keaton  |  October 26th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

What a fun craft and way to decorate the office up! DOING THIS!

• 18. Lemons and Loafers  |  October 26th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

love this! so creative and cute

• 19. Lindsay  |  October 26th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

So simple and cute! Love it!

• 20. rachel!  |  October 26th, 2012 at 4:51 pm

GENIUS

• 21. Michelle - Beauty Moves Me  |  October 27th, 2012 at 9:42 am

So fun, easy and pretty!

• 22. Chick Tyler  |  October 28th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Great DIY!

• 23. Kristin B  |  October 28th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Holy bananas, these are adorable! I’ve got my glitter ready and I’m craftin’ up a storm next weekend!

• 24. Catfish & Caviar  |  October 29th, 2012 at 6:20 am

Cute & super simple!!! :)

• 25. invitation consultants  |  October 29th, 2012 at 7:49 am

cute craft

• 26. lexi  |  October 29th, 2012 at 3:14 pm

These are 1,000% going on my to-do list! Love simple DIY’s … especially the kind that involve glitter!
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

• 27. Courtney  |  October 29th, 2012 at 8:55 pm

I love the clear bowls with the gold rims you used to hold they glitter! What a great project!

Congrats on the Martha Stewart guest blog!!!

• 28. Kathi  |  November 1st, 2012 at 4:27 am

Love this craft! Will feature a link to it from Bubblegum Post tomorrow morning!

• 29. Crafty Links of the Week &hellip  |  November 2nd, 2012 at 8:01 am

[...] you could use these pretty glittery magnets to pin them to a board. Like what you see? Well we have an rss feed for you! Find awesome [...]

• 30. Sarah Hearts - Simple Fal&hellip  |  November 2nd, 2012 at 1:39 pm

[...] glitter magnets are a perfect way to add some sparkle to your [...]

• 31. Sunday Morning Round- Up &hellip  |  November 4th, 2012 at 9:59 am

[...] More DIY- Glitter Magnets, super fun homemade gift for the Holidays! [...]

• 32. Weekendlinks #2 | Little &hellip  |  November 4th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

[...] blogger tager smukke og de mest unikke selvportrætter… ★ En lille og nem DIY til at give køleskabet lidt glamour ★ Græskarsuppe… græskarsalat… græskaris? Hvorfor ikke? ★ 5 minutter er [...]

• 33. Friday Already?&hellip  |  November 6th, 2012 at 10:02 pm

[...] is a really cute DIY. « 6 Simple Rules for Planning a Destination Wedding Quiet Sundays [...]

• 34. Around the Internet: Nov &hellip  |  November 12th, 2012 at 8:58 am

[...] When I was catching up on my unread blog posts, I came across this DIY for glitter magnets. I saw it and immediately said out loud, “ohmygod, yes.” You know, to the empty room [...]

• 35. 30 Ways To Add Some Spark&hellip  |  November 30th, 2012 at 8:58 am

[...] 29. Make it: glitter magnets – Design Love Fest [...]

• 36. Wrap It Up: Decorative Bo&hellip  |  December 12th, 2012 at 11:12 pm

[...] for one of my favorite DIY projects recently featured by the adorable and talented Bri Emery of Design Love Fest…and, I must say these little gems (pun intended!) would make a perfect holiday gift to spice [...]

• 37. 18 Miniature Craft Projec&hellip  |  June 6th, 2013 at 2:48 pm

[...] Directions here. [...]

• 38. 18 Miniature Craft Projec&hellip  |  June 7th, 2013 at 11:06 pm

[...] Directions here. [...]

• 39. DIY stuff I can’t d&hellip  |  July 11th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

[...] Make IT / 22 | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T - Golden Glitter Magnets! What can be better…. [...]

• 40. Crafty Links of the Week &hellip  |  July 19th, 2013 at 11:01 am

[...] you could use these pretty glittery magnets to pin them to a [...]

FUN PILLOWS…