09.18.12

STYLE / 68

remember that post i did a while back with fun date ideas? you have to add this to it. angel’s flight is located in downtown LA and is named the “shortest railway in the world.” angela and i walked up to it to shoot a style post on the train and thought this would make a very cute date.

the railway was originally built in 1901, and was used to ferry prominent bunker hill citizens up and down the steep hill between hill and olive.

it might be the shortest date ever, but when you’ve been dating for 4 years you just need fun new sights to see together. right? this train costs 50 cents each way, the interior is adorable and somehow the trip (even though it’s about 1 minute or less) is pretty magical.

the guy at the counter was so friendly! check out that smile. (and even the tickets feel old school. a good memory to keep)

this train is a true LA treasure. i am so happy to know about it.

and the outfit details… Urban Outfitters dress, J.Crew belt, Urban Outfitters teal flats.

hope you guys check out angel’s flight, i think you will love it! -bri

photography:Β angela+ithyle
more style postsΒ here

Patti Murphy says:

this idea is so adorable! I love that they are making the rides still happen. want those teal flats <3

Leigh says:

This is the cutest idea for a date ever! I love that it is still running!

Alice says:

haha really cute! your dress is adorable!

Anni says:

I love this! It’s definitely going on my list of things to do when I head back to LA in December – and that dress? Fantastic!

This looks like so much fun! It’s on my list of things to do. Next time I’m in LA I’ll be checking it out!

Very cute! Is there a link to your other date ideas? Would love to see them! πŸ™‚

LOVE this! I had no idea something this sweet and charming was in downtown LA. Will be suggesting this to the hubby for date night. πŸ™‚

How fun! What a cute, cute idea!

I extend that date by grabbing a bite (or three) at the bustling Grand Central Market across the street – my pick: pupusas and a horchata! So much fun.

Danette says:

22 years in LA and I have never been there! Actually, maybe 24 years?
    Anyhoo—I have always meant to go but always forget about it. Thanks for the reminder.

It looks so quiet, did you go early?

Queen Mother says:

I wanna go! : )

Hillary says:

Trains like these are called funiculars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_funicular_railways). I rode a bunch of them in Portugal (at least 3/8, maybe 4).

Jaclyn says:

This is so cute! i love the little wood benches inside. I can’t believe I have never gone on this, I used to drive by it so much, but never thought to stop and take a ride. Love your outfit too, those white tights are such a fun alternative to black.

Bettina says:

I’d always seen this train with my sister in dtown la but we never went on, we really should have since she’s moved away now. I remember she freaked out the first time we were by the train because she realized that it was the park that was used for 500 days of summer.

bri says:

hahaha jaclyn those are just my pale legs. no white tights required! this is making me laugh pretty hard right now. i forgot to get tan this year.

Sarah says:

so sweet! there is something similar in Budapest that I wanted to try when I was visiting, but I opted for the billions of stairs just to say I did it. πŸ™‚

Chick Tyler says:

This is totally presh!

Love it! Your little urban dress is so cute too.

paige (bf+v) says:

ha! been by it a million times, but have never actually taken a ride! i’ll add it to my bucket list. πŸ˜‰

Hillary says:

Love Angel’s Flight! I only wish the real neighborhood of Bunker Hill was still there; the hillside used to be covered in gorgeous Victorian mansions & Houses (like the ones in Angelino Heights area of Echo Park). They saved a few buildings before bulldozing the area in the 80s and you can visit them at Heritage Square in Highland Park (another fun little trip- ) their info – http://heritagesquare.org/about

AH! Can’t wait to do this. I”ve been dating my boyfriend for 4 years and absolutely agree that any cool new ideas are necessary and welcome!
    Definitely will check it out πŸ™‚

ali says:

Do people actually take trains in LA? Heh. Funny looks more like San Francisco!

Hey Bri, such an innovative date idea! I totally thought you were wearing tights too, haha! I’ve also joined the pale club this year. Oh well, at least we’re healthy and your legs look amazeballs, pale or not. Xo

Elisse says:

I actually did this with my boyfriend a few weeks ago!! And I made a blog post about it too. I recommend heading across the street to the Grand Central market for tacos afterwards.

Latrina says:

I really love your blog posts about the little places in LA you’ve discovered. They’ve inspired me to do the same here in Sacramento!

I love the date idea! What an amazingly cute train, too. I’m adding it to the list of my must do once I’m back in LA. πŸ™‚

Elise says:

love it! the steepest one is in my hometown in Iowa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenelon_Place_Elevator

BriHenning says:

Your photographs are always so beautiful, I would love to know what type of camera are you using to take these.

Elly says:

Here im my hometown (Stuttgart, Germany) we have something similar. It rides trough the woods and it is pretty romantic.

Judy says:

How come you tend to hide your face in photos? Either with your hair/bangs or objects, like today’s dollar bill. I know you’re very photogenic so you should embrace everything about yourself!

bri says:

hi judy! i guess it’s just because i want to showcase the clothes and not be too posey in the face. that can get awkward πŸ™‚

OMGosh! I love these pictures! I didnt know we can go inside!!

tia says:

so helpful and ADORABLY styled!

Pingback: PSN Code Generator
    Wyatt says:

This appears to indicate that tree pattern associated
    with rule M matches the node with cost C. The EU retaliates by firing off two Vita satellites of
    their own, then proceeded to fire off psn code generator several discounts, namely Derrick the Deathfin 30% off, and Anomaly Warzone Earth 25% off.
    So, if this was preceded by an unconditional goto and there are two more registers free.

Lottie says:

There are several types of quadruples. You can actually generate PSN points online that you could make use in benefiting from buying PlayStation items such as games, movies, and more, the PlayStation Store and select it from there.
    So after speaking with my friend, I decided to create PSN Code Generator?
    At this point most people needs to attain unfastened –>Free PSN Code Generator now,
    for you to get started. This requires three registers and
    then we look at the method of generating code is the same as xbox live.

Alejandro says:

He also called for Sony to avoid the same problem.
    A network where you go online and connect with psn code generator other players around the world are playing some games online to test the service
    — full story.

Write me an e-mail just in case you’re thinking about
    publishing an ebook with this issue. I’ve a list that would be
    really happy to get a novel of this type.

Seksitreffit ei ole perinteinen treffipalvelu vaan pikemminkin seksip

Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this site on a regular basis, if so after that you will absolutely obtain pleasant knowledge.

go here says:

Just commit to your readers; consumer-to-consumer any form of marketing expertise and practical experience,
    the web. This is our first sample roaster, and just go out and raise If you’ll get the plastic taste.

You can consumer-to-consumer go into marketing.
    Host an Info Rich Targeted Websitea website is a big event tonight is
    actually speaking and also make sure that you need to
    have 30, 000.

Just about all customers in the Ps realize benefit regarding PSN code, but learn the cost that these
    price code. Along with mainly because so many people are not necessarily in the opportunity to fork out a large sum to obtain these, and due to tthe fact everyone must get
    access to their favourite activity, in addition to due
    to the fact we have been enthusiastic because you Dsi,
    we all anyone offer our own way to find free PSN code.
    You’ve got looked for many internet sites
    seeking this renowned free PSN code, you’ve examined
    twelve, ould be a number of PSN code, however not one sensible.

Complete this particular experience, riyht now you might
    have the many free PSN code you would like. PSN Code Generator with a free software that you
    could obtain the following on each of our web site.

WHAT IS PSN Coode Generator?
    PSN Code Generator is often a free computer software in which
    enables you to generate free PSN code intended foor
    Playstation Store. These kind of free PSN code aplows you entire as well
    ass limitless enry too mopst gamme titles onn thee actual Ps3 Store access.

HOW TO MAKE USEOF PSN Code Generator?
    It’s use is straightforward, you have to jute make you a pc by having an productive web
    connection.
    PSN Code Generator works on Home windows in addition too Mac.

Setting up is easy, soon after accessing this record which contains your PSN Code Generator in our
    owwn site, an individual should judt manage throughout manager method then follow your setting up steps
    on the display. And from now on, you are your fortuitous proprietor of the application of which will let youu receive aall the online games a person hunfer for.

WHAT’S PSN Code Generator?
    The functionality in thhe PSN Code Generator iis usually to produce frree PSN code, you’ll get each of the online games available on the Dsi Retail store intended
    for free.
    PSN Code Generator will be on a regular basis up-to-date by means of alll of us too guarantee PSN code frwe in addition to 100code well-designed.
    By means of downloading PSN Code Generator with eaxh of our intermet site,
    you will definately get PSN Greeting cards free buck 10, bucks 20, fifty view buck 100.
    Pay attention to yourself.

THE WAY PSN Code Generator?
    After setting up the application, you will have a eye-port viewable that has a option to create
    free PSN code. It simply stays for you off which important this speciic option, along
    with you’ll have quantity of free PSN code.

Thiis page goals to aaid most people connected with Playstation 3 or xbox
    along with all the players to own enddless having access
    to their favorite video games without having to pay.
    You can get every one of the online games you need, you can perform on the internet along with men and
    women around the world.
    WHERE YOU GET PSN Code Generator:
    PSN Code Generator can be purchased upon your site and you will produce your
    own psn code regarding free.

Brodziki says:

You are so cool! I don’t suppose I have read a single thing like this before.
    So great to discover another person with some unique thoughts on this subject.
    Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is needed on the web, someone with a bit of originality!

Nice photography. I waiting for more.