MAKE IT / 19
the closets in my new room are white and simple (see here)…but that doesn’t mean the door handles have to be. we replaced my shiny silver round handles with these colorful painted ones and it made a huge difference! these would fancy up a dresser as well…now let’s make them.
what you’ll need:
• unfinished wooden drawer pull (available at most hardware stores)
• ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape
• gold spray paint
• multi surface craft paint in desired color palette
• spray clear coat (optional)
how to make it (follow along with animated photo below!)
• tape exterior edge of drawer pull taking care to smooth the tape as you go along
• run a piece of tape across the top of the pull at an angle
• spray 2 coats gold spray paint on exposed area, let dry
• remove tape and either : A. run tape across the top at a different angle or B. cover the gold area and then run tape across the top
• brush several coats of colored paint over the exposed area. depending on what you have taped off the colored and gold sections will overlap in different ways.
• remove all tape after paint has completely dried
• spray with clear coat if desired. we love the contrast of the bare wood and painted surfaces so we did not coat ours, but if you’re concerned with wear and tear then you might consider a coat or two.
i like to display my bright necklaces on them…
it’s time to fancy up those drawer pulls and closet doors, people. do you have fun ideas for door knobs?