08.29.12

WE ALL LOVE FLOWERS

there is a flower shop in my neighborhood that i really adore. last week my boyfriend’s mom was coming to our house to celebrate her birthday and i wanted to create a centerpiece for a small party we were going to have together.

these shop owners are the coolest around (and check out their pup!) and they agreed to let us photograph them creating this beautiful wild flower arrangement – and she even let me help choose some of my favorite flowers from the shop.

what i like about clementine is they always have the best selection of unique flowers and succulents. i am always telling my boyfriend “i reallllly love this place” because sometimes boyfriends need obvious hints, right? my favorite part was watching the assembling magic…teri put together this really modern centerpiece and even said to me that it might be a little too “2014”…and i replied that we like to keep things 2014 around here.

i somehow look like i am the happiest girl in the whole planet in that picture above. i guess flowers do that to a gal.

so this was what we ended up with! i absolutely loved it. and those enormous dahlias were my favorite part.

and then i wanted to show you guys the part of this shop that really brings me back too often. they create these little bundles of happiness for under 10 bucks. they have them sitting on the counter and i can never resist. they are the perfect gift for a friend that i just want to cheer up, or if i am going to a dinner party to give to the hostess, or even to bring some joy to my desk that day.

they are wrapped in a piece of a burlap sack and tied with some twine. (you should just go in there one day and watch her work, it’s so entertaining!) so then i left the shop with one of these too…

do you have a favorite flower shop that you always go back to? it was fun to show you mine and hopefully i have convinced you to make your way over there (or to recreate these little flower bunches at home.)

clementine floral works

3936 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90029
(323) 662-2808
Mon-Thu 10 am – 6 pm
Fri-Sat 10 am – 7 pm
Sun 11 am – 5 pm

photos by kimberly genevieve for designlovefest

• 1. Kate  |  August 29th, 2012 at 7:31 am

oh my gosh. I burst out laughing at the photo of the dog. so so cute! lovely photography, as well!

• 2. Erika  |  August 29th, 2012 at 7:56 am

Pretty sure all of these images just brighten my day a little. Flowers are so powerful in that way :)

• 3. justbeth  |  August 29th, 2012 at 8:09 am

My mom’s backyard (around the house) is the best floral place for me! Since I live in an area where the florists cater to mostly funerals… I don’t have the best selection in the trendy floral shop department, but home landscaping is perfect place for me to gather inspiration and the limited selection forces me to be more creative! Thanks for the fun floral post bri!

• 4. Cori Magee  |  August 29th, 2012 at 8:13 am

Lovely!! It’s a BIG problem that I can’t enjoy fresh flowers at home… My cat eats them! And she eats succulents too. Don’t know what to do, advice anyone?

• 5. anna  |  August 29th, 2012 at 8:54 am

very pretty photographs! i absolutely love fresh flowers… i put little bunches into mason jars around the house.

• 6. Elizabeth  |  August 29th, 2012 at 9:22 am

Floral Art on Abbot Kinney is AMAZEBALLS!! I am hoping one day my hubby buys me these guys! http://www.floralartla.com/product-detail.php?ItemID=495

I love those $10 bundles, they would look great in my daughter’s nursery…

• 7. kendall  |  August 29th, 2012 at 9:54 am

drooling

• 8. Dana McDowell  |  August 29th, 2012 at 10:08 am

Flowers are pretty pricey here, and the selection is slim! I can’t wait to live somewhere with a place like this =)

• 9. Cristina Marie  |  August 29th, 2012 at 10:19 am

Beautiful! Just looking at these images brightened my day!

xx
    Criss Marie

• 10. Krysta  |  August 29th, 2012 at 10:46 am

I haven’t found the perfect little flower shop for picking up or creating small little bouquets, but the flower shop right near my house seems to specialize in gorgeous succulents, air plants, and other potted plants and I absolutely love stopping in. They have great vessels for replanting too which helps!

• 11. Rachael  |  August 29th, 2012 at 11:22 am

Hi Bri. Lovely pictures, the flowers and your blouse complimented each other. If you don’t mind me asking where is your blouse from?
    Thank you for your time, take care.

• 12. Eat Breathe Live Color  |  August 29th, 2012 at 11:37 am

I love all the colors! Beautiful! Don’t bright flowers just make you so happy?!

• 13. Latrina  |  August 29th, 2012 at 11:39 am

Gorgeous photos! Very vibrant. :) What an adorable shop, too. I don’t have my favorite floral shop here in Sac but now I’m determined to find one! I normally get my flowers from the Farmer’s Market.. :) I am definitely going to visit that shop once I’m back in LA! <3 I love watching them work their magic.

• 14. Alison  |  August 29th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

A great little flower shop like this is like drinking of happiness concentrate. I always love going into flower shops, farmers’ markets, and even the floral section of my local grocery store to see the surprising new additions for the season. My favorites are Ranunculus, Dahlias, Lisianthus and Scabiosa and succulents. :) I’ll have to check this store out. – Alison { aliology.com }

• 15. Victoria@VictoryPaper  |  August 29th, 2012 at 12:17 pm

these are absolutely lovely. im on the hunt for a flower shop near me to create my own arrangements for my wedding! and at 10 bucks?! too good to be true!

• 16. Deborah Cosentino  |  August 29th, 2012 at 2:13 pm

CLEMENTINE has the MOST GORGEOUS arrangements ever!! They are without a doubt the best florists in town, I would never consider using anyone else. Speaking as a retired Set Decorator, who used flowers everywhere, I can say without a doubt, that these arrangements are superb. They are beautiful, creative and trendsetting. I love them!!!!! Thanks for writing this article and showing the photographs of the flowers in all their glory!!

• 17. Leigh  |  August 29th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I’ve never been into buying flowers. But for my wedding, I found this place where they teach you to make your own arrangements for your wedding and I simply loved it! It was a blast with our group class. There were six of us the Friday before the wedding, and now I’ve been dying to go buy 100 more sunflowers for my own home!

• 18. Noor  |  August 29th, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Wow I really love those little flowers they make, so cute and creative. I miss that about home since living in KSA I feel like no one is creative here and its such a bummer for me.

And your centerpiece is gorgeous.

Noor
    Little Pink Strawberries

• 19. Queen Mother  |  August 30th, 2012 at 12:16 am

Absolutely LOVE both arrangements!

• 20. Dámaris  |  August 30th, 2012 at 7:27 am

Beautiful bouquet.

• 21. Sarolta  |  August 30th, 2012 at 8:02 am

I wish I had that little shop around. I love flowers and they really seem to have quite a great variety.

• 22. invitation consultants  |  August 30th, 2012 at 9:49 am

beautiful blooms!

• 23. brittany  |  August 30th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

How do you do the dreamy spray paint effect on your photos?

• 24. amber baxley  |  August 30th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

What a lovely place to be…surrounded by flowers all day. :)

• 25. Anonymous  |  August 31st, 2012 at 9:42 am

love! wish we had a modern floral shop like that in seattle!

• 26. bri  |  August 31st, 2012 at 9:52 am

hi brittany! kim actually is just shooting with flowers in the foreground so those are out of focus. no special effects needed :)

• 27. evie  |  September 1st, 2012 at 11:05 pm

such beautiful flowers and photos but i think the pup is my fav ; ) so funny!

• 28. Haylz  |  September 2nd, 2012 at 4:35 am

I want to cuddle that puppy!!!!

• 29. Friday Scout: garden and &hellip  |  September 7th, 2012 at 3:56 am

[...] A flower shop visit on designlovefest [...]

• 30. HIGHLIGHT REEL | D E S I &hellip  |  December 21st, 2012 at 11:01 am

[...] REMEMBER THIS FLOWER POST TOO? here [...]

• 31. Gregg  |  January 30th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Great pictures and commentary! Can’t go wrong with dahlias in any arrangement.

• 32. BloomNation  |  January 30th, 2013 at 11:57 am

Great looking unique bouquets. Showcase your work on http://www.bloomnation.com and get the recognition you deserve!

• 33. I LOVED THIS NIGHT | D E &hellip  |  February 1st, 2013 at 11:24 am

[...] flowers were from my favorite shop in silver lake, clementine floral works! teri put together some perfect arrangements for the party…she definitely knows my go-to [...]

• 34. Tori  |  February 18th, 2013 at 5:15 am

Catfish! thats the dog’s name! my favorite floral shop

• 35. Coconu Lubricant  |  September 22nd, 2013 at 10:50 am

Hi there everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this
    web page, and post is actually fruitful in favor of me, keep up
    posting these types of content.

• 36. http://www.ohparkma.com/xe/board_epNz75/37319  |  December 24th, 2013 at 3:56 am

I always spent my half an hour to read this blog’s articles every day along with a mug of coffee.

• 37. sbobet  |  January 9th, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was
    just wondering if you get a lot of spam feedback?
    If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

Visit my homepage … sbobet

• 38. netgear  |  January 30th, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It’s always interesting to read through articles from other writers
    and practice something from other sites.

• 39. sbobet  |  March 16th, 2014 at 1:13 am

Awesome issues here. I’m very happy to see your article.
    Thanks so much and I’m taking a look forward to contact
    you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

• 40. Katy Landscaping&hellip  |  May 17th, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Katy Landscaping

WE ALL LOVE FLOWERS | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 41. Alattar  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 11:58 am

I every time used to read post in news papers but now as I am a user of web so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

• 42. Shauna  |  July 9th, 2014 at 12:56 pm

This log was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I’ve found something tgat helped me. Thank you!

My web sit thyroid hazir loss remedies – Shauna