08.29.12

WE ALL LOVE FLOWERS

there is a flower shop in my neighborhood that i really adore. last week my boyfriend’s mom was coming to our house to celebrate her birthday and i wanted to create a centerpiece for a small party we were going to have together.

these shop owners are the coolest around (and check out their pup!) and they agreed to let us photograph them creating this beautiful wild flower arrangement - and she even let me help choose some of my favorite flowers from the shop.

what i like about clementine is they always have the best selection of unique flowers and succulents. i am always telling my boyfriend “i reallllly love this place” because sometimes boyfriends need obvious hints, right? my favorite part was watching the assembling magic…teri put together this really modern centerpiece and even said to me that it might be a little too “2014″…and i replied that we like to keep things 2014 around here.

i somehow look like i am the happiest girl in the whole planet in that picture above. i guess flowers do that to a gal.

so this was what we ended up with! i absolutely loved it. and those enormous dahlias were my favorite part.

and then i wanted to show you guys the part of this shop that really brings me back too often. they create these little bundles of happiness for under 10 bucks. they have them sitting on the counter and i can never resist. they are the perfect gift for a friend that i just want to cheer up, or if i am going to a dinner party to give to the hostess, or even to bring some joy to my desk that day.

they are wrapped in a piece of a burlap sack and tied with some twine. (you should just go in there one day and watch her work, it’s so entertaining!) so then i left the shop with one of these too…

do you have a favorite flower shop that you always go back to? it was fun to show you mine and hopefully i have convinced you to make your way over there (or to recreate these little flower bunches at home.)

clementine floral works

3936 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90029
(323) 662-2808
Mon-Thu 10 am – 6 pm
Fri-Sat 10 am – 7 pm
Sun 11 am – 5 pm

photos by kimberly genevieve for designlovefest

• 1. Kate  |  August 29th, 2012 at 7:31 am

oh my gosh. I burst out laughing at the photo of the dog. so so cute! lovely photography, as well!

• 2. Erika  |  August 29th, 2012 at 7:56 am

Pretty sure all of these images just brighten my day a little. Flowers are so powerful in that way :)

• 3. justbeth  |  August 29th, 2012 at 8:09 am

My mom’s backyard (around the house) is the best floral place for me! Since I live in an area where the florists cater to mostly funerals… I don’t have the best selection in the trendy floral shop department, but home landscaping is perfect place for me to gather inspiration and the limited selection forces me to be more creative! Thanks for the fun floral post bri!

• 4. Cori Magee  |  August 29th, 2012 at 8:13 am

Lovely!! It’s a BIG problem that I can’t enjoy fresh flowers at home… My cat eats them! And she eats succulents too. Don’t know what to do, advice anyone?

• 5. anna  |  August 29th, 2012 at 8:54 am

very pretty photographs! i absolutely love fresh flowers… i put little bunches into mason jars around the house.

• 6. Elizabeth  |  August 29th, 2012 at 9:22 am

Floral Art on Abbot Kinney is AMAZEBALLS!! I am hoping one day my hubby buys me these guys! http://www.floralartla.com/product-detail.php?ItemID=495

I love those $10 bundles, they would look great in my daughter’s nursery…

• 7. kendall  |  August 29th, 2012 at 9:54 am

drooling

• 8. Dana McDowell  |  August 29th, 2012 at 10:08 am

Flowers are pretty pricey here, and the selection is slim! I can’t wait to live somewhere with a place like this =)

• 9. Cristina Marie  |  August 29th, 2012 at 10:19 am

Beautiful! Just looking at these images brightened my day!

xx
    Criss Marie

• 10. Krysta  |  August 29th, 2012 at 10:46 am

I haven’t found the perfect little flower shop for picking up or creating small little bouquets, but the flower shop right near my house seems to specialize in gorgeous succulents, air plants, and other potted plants and I absolutely love stopping in. They have great vessels for replanting too which helps!

• 11. Rachael  |  August 29th, 2012 at 11:22 am

Hi Bri. Lovely pictures, the flowers and your blouse complimented each other. If you don’t mind me asking where is your blouse from?
    Thank you for your time, take care.

• 12. Eat Breathe Live Color  |  August 29th, 2012 at 11:37 am

I love all the colors! Beautiful! Don’t bright flowers just make you so happy?!

• 13. Latrina  |  August 29th, 2012 at 11:39 am

Gorgeous photos! Very vibrant. :) What an adorable shop, too. I don’t have my favorite floral shop here in Sac but now I’m determined to find one! I normally get my flowers from the Farmer’s Market.. :) I am definitely going to visit that shop once I’m back in LA! <3 I love watching them work their magic.

• 14. Alison  |  August 29th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

A great little flower shop like this is like drinking of happiness concentrate. I always love going into flower shops, farmers’ markets, and even the floral section of my local grocery store to see the surprising new additions for the season. My favorites are Ranunculus, Dahlias, Lisianthus and Scabiosa and succulents. :) I’ll have to check this store out. – Alison { aliology.com }

• 15. Victoria@VictoryPaper  |  August 29th, 2012 at 12:17 pm

these are absolutely lovely. im on the hunt for a flower shop near me to create my own arrangements for my wedding! and at 10 bucks?! too good to be true!

• 16. Deborah Cosentino  |  August 29th, 2012 at 2:13 pm

CLEMENTINE has the MOST GORGEOUS arrangements ever!! They are without a doubt the best florists in town, I would never consider using anyone else. Speaking as a retired Set Decorator, who used flowers everywhere, I can say without a doubt, that these arrangements are superb. They are beautiful, creative and trendsetting. I love them!!!!! Thanks for writing this article and showing the photographs of the flowers in all their glory!!

• 17. Leigh  |  August 29th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I’ve never been into buying flowers. But for my wedding, I found this place where they teach you to make your own arrangements for your wedding and I simply loved it! It was a blast with our group class. There were six of us the Friday before the wedding, and now I’ve been dying to go buy 100 more sunflowers for my own home!

• 18. Noor  |  August 29th, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Wow I really love those little flowers they make, so cute and creative. I miss that about home since living in KSA I feel like no one is creative here and its such a bummer for me.

And your centerpiece is gorgeous.

Noor
    Little Pink Strawberries

• 19. Queen Mother  |  August 30th, 2012 at 12:16 am

Absolutely LOVE both arrangements!

• 20. Dámaris  |  August 30th, 2012 at 7:27 am

Beautiful bouquet.

• 21. Sarolta  |  August 30th, 2012 at 8:02 am

I wish I had that little shop around. I love flowers and they really seem to have quite a great variety.

• 22. invitation consultants  |  August 30th, 2012 at 9:49 am

beautiful blooms!

• 23. brittany  |  August 30th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

How do you do the dreamy spray paint effect on your photos?

• 24. amber baxley  |  August 30th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

What a lovely place to be…surrounded by flowers all day. :)

• 25. Anonymous  |  August 31st, 2012 at 9:42 am

love! wish we had a modern floral shop like that in seattle!

• 26. bri  |  August 31st, 2012 at 9:52 am

hi brittany! kim actually is just shooting with flowers in the foreground so those are out of focus. no special effects needed :)

• 27. evie  |  September 1st, 2012 at 11:05 pm

such beautiful flowers and photos but i think the pup is my fav ; ) so funny!

• 28. Haylz  |  September 2nd, 2012 at 4:35 am

I want to cuddle that puppy!!!!

• 29. Friday Scout: garden and &hellip  |  September 7th, 2012 at 3:56 am

[...] A flower shop visit on designlovefest [...]

• 30. HIGHLIGHT REEL | D E S I &hellip  |  December 21st, 2012 at 11:01 am

[...] REMEMBER THIS FLOWER POST TOO? here [...]

• 31. Gregg  |  January 30th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Great pictures and commentary! Can’t go wrong with dahlias in any arrangement.

• 32. BloomNation  |  January 30th, 2013 at 11:57 am

Great looking unique bouquets. Showcase your work on http://www.bloomnation.com and get the recognition you deserve!

• 33. I LOVED THIS NIGHT | D E &hellip  |  February 1st, 2013 at 11:24 am

[...] flowers were from my favorite shop in silver lake, clementine floral works! teri put together some perfect arrangements for the party…she definitely knows my go-to [...]

• 34. Tori  |  February 18th, 2013 at 5:15 am

Catfish! thats the dog’s name! my favorite floral shop

• 35. Coconu Lubricant  |  September 22nd, 2013 at 10:50 am

Hi there everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this
    web page, and post is actually fruitful in favor of me, keep up
    posting these types of content.

• 36. http://www.ohparkma.com/xe/board_epNz75/37319  |  December 24th, 2013 at 3:56 am

I always spent my half an hour to read this blog’s articles every day along with a mug of coffee.

• 37. sbobet  |  January 9th, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was
    just wondering if you get a lot of spam feedback?
    If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

Visit my homepage … sbobet

• 38. netgear  |  January 30th, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It’s always interesting to read through articles from other writers
    and practice something from other sites.

• 39. sbobet  |  March 16th, 2014 at 1:13 am

Awesome issues here. I’m very happy to see your article.
    Thanks so much and I’m taking a look forward to contact
    you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

• 40. sbobet  |  April 3rd, 2014 at 8:30 am

I was extremely pleased to discover tҺіs ggreat site.
    Ӏ ԝant tօ tօ thank yοu fߋr օnes time fοr tҺіs ρarticularly fantastic read!!
    Ι Ԁefinitely appreciated evdry bit οf it aոd і aalso have үߋu
    saved too fav tο check out new іnformation іn ƴօur website.

May I simply ѕay ѡhat a repief tο discover аn individual
    աҺo genuinely ҝnows աhat they aге talking
    аbout on tɦe internet.
    Уou certainly κոow Һow tօ bring ɑn issue tօ light ɑոd make іt іmportant.
    Ϻore аոd more people must lߋοk ɑt tɦіs and uderstand thіs side of tҺе story.

I ԝas surprised that үоu’ге not more popuular ѕince yօu ϲertainly have tҺe gift.

Ԍood blog post. Icertainly appreciate tɦіs site.
    Қeep writing!

Ӏt_s difficult tߋ find knowledgeable people іn tɦіs ρarticular topic, ɦowever, ʏοu ѕeem like уοu knmow what
    ʏοu_ге talking ɑbout!

Τhanks

Уοu ѕhould take ρart іn а contgest fоr օne օf thе finest
    blogs on thе internet. I am ǥoing
    tо recommend tɦіs web site!

A fascinating discussion is worth comment.

Ι think that уօu ѕhould publkish more
    ɑbout thios issue, it might not Ье ɑ taboo matter Ьut typically folk don’t discuss these subjects.
    Tο tҺе ոext! All tɦе Ьest!!

Good day! Ι simply ԝould like tο offer ƴօu a Ƅig thumbs սp fοr your excellent infvo yoou Һave ցot гight ɦere оn
    thіs post. I’ll bee returning tօ уοur website fօr more ѕoon.

Ԝhen I initially commented Ι аppear tо ɦave clicked on the -Notify mе
    when ոew comments aге ɑdded- checkibox aոd from now onn whenever а
    сomment іs аdded Ӏ ցеt four
    emails ԝith tɦе exact samee ϲomment.
    ΤҺere Һas tօ bе an easy method ʏοu cаn
    remove mе from that service?
    Appreciate іt!

Νext time ӏ read ɑ blog, Ι hope that it doesn’t fail mе ϳust ass mich as tɦіs ρarticular օne.
    I mean, Ύes, it wass my choice tօ read, however I genuinely thought уߋu’d ɦave somethijg helpful tο ѕay.

Alll Ι hear іs ɑ bunch οf crying about ѕomething that уоu ϲould possibly fix
    іf үօu ѡere ոot too busy searching fоr
    attention.

Spot on ѡith thіs write-up, Ӏ absolutely believe tɦіs amazing site eeds far more attention.
    ӏ_ll ρrobably be Ьack aggain tο read more, thanks
    fοr thе information!

Υߋu’rе sso cool! І ɗο ոot suppose
    Ι’ve read а single hing like that before.
    Sο great tߋ discovcer
    somebody աith ѕome original thoughts օn tɦis subject.
    Ɍeally.. thank ʏοu fߋr starting thіs up.
    Tɦis website іs οne thing that іs needed on tɦе internet, ѕomeone ѡith ѕome
    originality!

І really like reading а post that cаn
    make mеn ɑnd women think.
    Аlso, thanks for permitting me too comment!

Ƭhіs іs tɦе гight web site fοr аnybody աhо աould like tߋ
    understand this topic. Υօu realize a
    whole lot іts almost tough tο argue աith үߋu (not that
    ӏ personally աill need to_HaHa).
    Ƴοu ϲertainly ρut a fresh spin on а subject ԝhich has Ьeеn wfitten aboout fоr ages.
    Great stuff, just excellent!

Aw, tҺіs wwas ɑ νery nice post.
    Тaking thе time аnd actual effort tо
    make a νery ցood article_ but աhat ϲan
    І ѕay_ Ӏ put things օff а ѡhole lot and
    don’t manage tօ gеt
    anything ԁօne.

І_m amazed, I must ѕay.
    Rarely do Ι come acrss ɑ blog that_s
    equally educative аnd іnteresting, and
    lеt mе tell уоu,
    you’ve hit thе nail on thе head.
    Tɦe proboem is something ѡhich too few mеn andd
    women arre speaking intelligently аbout.
    ӏ am very happy that І stumbled аcross
    tɦіs Ԁuring my search fοr ѕomething relating too
    thіs.

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank ʏߋu, Ηowever Iam ɦaving
    troubles ѡith ƴοur RSS.
    ӏ don_t understand the reason ѡhy I
    am unable to subscribe tο
    it. Ιs thnere аnyone еlse ցetting
    ѕimilar RSS issues? Anyopne ѡɦο ҡnows tɦе answer саn ƴοu kindly
    respond? Thanks!!

Αn outsstanding share! I’ve jujst forwarded
    tҺis οnto а co-worker ԝho Һad
    bewen conducting a little homework οn tɦis.
    And ɦe іn fact οrdered me brakfast simply because Ӏ discovered
    itt fоr ɦіm… lol. Sο allow me tօ reword tҺis….
    meal!! But yeah, thanx fοr spending ѕome time tօ discuss tҺіs issue Һere onn youur web рage.

Αfter looking ɑt а handful of tҺе
    articles oon үօur site, ӏ rally like
    ƴߋur way օf writing a blog.
    Ι saved іt tߋ myy bookmark webpage
    list ɑոd will ƅе checking Ьack ѕoon.
    Take a lοߋk аt my web
    site too andd tell me ѡhat
    ʏоu think.

Ҭɦіs site Ԁefinitely hɑs
    all tҺе іnformation ɑոd facts Ι needed ɑbout tɦіs subject aոd didn_t
    knw wҺо tߋ ɑsk.

ƬҺere is definately a ǥreat deal to find
    оut аbout tɦіs issue.
    Ι love all tɦe рoints үοu have made.

ϒߋu’ve made ѕome decent ρoints tҺere.

Ι looked օn tɦе web fօr
    more info abouit thhe issue aոd fiund
    most people աill ǥօ ɑlong ѡith
    ʏօur views оn thіs website.

Good post. Ι learn ѕomething new aոd challenging onn sites І
    stumbleupon everyday. Ιt’s ɑlways іnteresting tߋ read
    articles from othher authors аոd սse ѕomething from other webb sites.

Ι blog ԛuite ߋften ɑոd I ѕeriously аppreciate үߋur іnformation.
    Тhіs ǥreat article Һаs truly peaked my interest.
    ӏ am going tο take а note οf yοur website aand
    ҟeep checking fοr ոew іnformation аbout ߋnce a week.
    Ӏ opted іn fοr your Feed as ѡell.

Pretty! Тhіs ѡas аn extremely wonderful
    post. Мany thanks fօr providing thіs info.

Greetings! Veryy helpful advice іn tɦіs pparticular post!

ӏt’s thе little changes
    which ѡill make thhe most іmportant
    changes. Thanks а lot for sharing!

ʜі tҺere! Ҭhіs blog post couldn_t ƅе written аny Ьetter!
    Goong through thіs article reminds mе οf my previous roommate!

He alwys ҡept talking аbout tҺis.
    І’ll forrward thіs іnformation tо hіm.

Pretty ѕure ɦе’s going tߋ ɦave а ցood
    read. Thank уοu fߋr sharing!

Ԍreetings, І Ьelieve your web sit may be ɦaving web browser compatibiloity problems.
    Whenever I loook ɑt уօur site іn Safari,
    іt looks fine but ѡhen οpening in I.Е., іt
    haas some overlapping issues. Ӏ simply
    wantewd tο provide үߋu ѡith а quick heads սp!
    Аpart from that, ɡreat
    site!

Having read thіs I thought іt աаs extremely enlightening.
    Ι аppreciate ƴоu finding the time aոd effort tο ρut
    tҺіs article together. ӏ օnce аgain find myself spending a ѕignificant ɑmount օff time ƅoth readinng aոd leaving comments.
    But ѕо ѡhat, іt աɑs ѕtill worthwhile!

ңello tɦere! Ι coluld ɦave sworn I_ve visitsd yоur blog Ьefore Ьut аfter looking аt a few οf thе posts I realized іt_s
    ոew tο mе. Αnyways, Ι_m ɗefinitely delighted
    Ι came acros іt aand Ι_ll bе book-marking іt ɑոd checking Ьack regularly!

I ѡanted tο thank ƴοu ffor
    tҺіs wonderful read!! І absolutely lovced eνery bit οf it.
    I have үοu bookmarked tо lօok
    ɑt neew stuff ʏou post_

Ηі, Ӏ ddo think tɦіs іs a ǥreat
    site. I stumbledupon іt ;) І ɑm ցoing
    tο return οnce again ѕince і ɦave book marked іt.
    Money ɑոd freedom іs tҺе ǥreatest ѡay tο
    change, mmay уοu be rich aոd continue to guide οther people.

Ƴour style іs sο uniqje іn comparison tο
    ߋther people I’ve read stuff from. Маny thanks fοr posting աhen үou’ve ցot tɦе opportunity,
    Guess Ӏ’ll јust book mark tҺіs web site.

I սsed tо Ье ɑble to find ǥood info from your articles.

Excellent post! Wе will ƅе
    linking tο tҺіs ρarticularly ɡreat post
    οn ouur website. Кeep up tthe ցreat writing.

ΤҺіs іs a ցood tip especially tо those fresh tο tҺe blogosphere.
    Simple ƅut vedy precise info_ Αppreciate yօur sharing thіs оne.
    Α must read post!

Ι couldn_t resist commenting. Perfectly written!

bookmarked!!, I love ƴߋur web site!

Very good post. Ӏ’m deaing աith some ߋf these
    issues as աell..

Way cool! Ѕome extremely valid ρoints!
    Ӏ appreciate yοu writing
    tis post ɑոd the rest oof tɦe
    website іs νery good.

Good blog yߋu ɦave ǥot Һere..
    Ιt_s hard to find ǥood
    quality writing luke yours these days.
    Ι ѕeriously appreciate pople like yοu!
    Тake care!!

Τhis іs ɑ topic that is
    ոear tο my heart… Thank
    you! Exactly whewre aге yojr contact details though?

ӏ absolutely love yօur site.. Pleasant colors & theme.
    Ɗіd ƴou make tҺis amazing site ƴourself?
    Please reply back as I_m attempting to create my ѵery
    օwn website aոd want to кnow wɦere ʏօu ɡot tҺіs frpm ߋr
    ԝhat thе theme is called. Kudos!

Everyone loves іt աhen folks сome together аոd
    share ideas. Great site, continue thee ǥood work!

Very ɡood іnformation. Lucky mе ӏ came across yоur site ƅy accident (stumbleupon).
    Ι’ve bbook marked it fߋr later!

Tɦіs bloig ԝɑs… how ɗо І ssay it?
    Relevant!! Finally І Һave found ѕomething which
    helped mе. Ϻɑny thanks!

Εverything іs ѵery οpen ԝith a clear description
    οf the issues. Ιt was reallly informative.
    Уоur website іs veery useful.
    Thanks fοr sharing!

І ɦave tо thank yοu fоr tҺe
    efforts yοu ɦave ρut іn writing thіs blog.
    I’m hoping tо seee tҺе same ɦigh-grade log posts from ƴօu
    іn tɦе future ɑs well.
    Іn truth, yоur creative writing abilities hhas encouraged mе
    tο ɡet my оwn, personal website ոow ;)

Ӎy web-site; sbobet

• 41. Katy Landscaping&hellip  |  May 17th, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Katy Landscaping

WE ALL LOVE FLOWERS | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 42. Alattar  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 11:58 am

I every time used to read post in news papers but now as I am a user of web so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

• 43. Shauna  |  July 9th, 2014 at 12:56 pm

This log was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I’ve found something tgat helped me. Thank you!

My web sit thyroid hazir loss remedies – Shauna