MAKE IT / 16
today we are adding a little interest to those white frames you have in your home. we ended up using some beautiful patterned paper from our favorite LA paper shop urbanic! this would be a thoughtful gift for a friend, or your mom, or anybody really!
• white mat to fit your picture frame
• decorative paper
• spray adhesive
• glue stick
• cut paper 2 inches larger than you mat in each direction, thereby giving yourself an inch border around each side of your mat.- draw a line with pencil along the length and width of your paper so that you have a guide for gluing.
• spray front of mat with spray adhesive and lay face down of the reverse side of your paper, taking care to line it up along your pencil marks.
• trim outside corners at a 45 degree angles.
• fold the paper around the edges, taking care to smooth paper along the inside beveled edge.
• secure flaps with a glue stick.
just like mixing patterns in fashion it works the same way for these frames. oh, and you have to check out this video my boyfriend made for my pal emily henderson on mixing the patterns on your sofa! it’s seriously helpful.