07.10.12

VINTAGE STYLE / 01

people ask me a lot about the vintage stores and flea markets i go to…so here you are!

the only downside to starting blogshop was that i often miss out on the rose bowl flea market. when i moved to LA 6 years ago it became one of my favorite things to do. it’s complete sensory overload in the best way possible.

sunday i got to spend the day with my ban.do babes (and we ran into our pal emily) digging through piles of jewels and clothing racks of goodness. the clothing section always overwhelms me a little — i do better in vintage stores — but every once in a while i will find something spectacular.

i go for the STUFF. random trinkets, colored gems, crocodile brooches, old playing cards…i’m obviously drawn to the mid-century furniture as well, but that takes a bit more commitment.

(my friends wear cute things)

i can never get enough of looking through the necklace selections there. thousands of vibrant beads just waiting to be purchased on the cheap. i love when they color coordinate them — it makes it so easy on the eyes.

i just felt like i needed these fancy feathers. someday i will thank myself for buying that.

and last but certaintly not least, we have tony the piñata. i think the guy named him on the spot, but i’m okay with that. tony’s old school and a real conversation piece. i’m picturing our new spare bedroom — all white and tony hanging from the ceiling. creepy cool.

here’s a few totes i thought were cute for your next flea market adventure…

1. Hansel from Basel 2. Etsy 3. Madewell 4. Etsy 5. Ban.do

{photos by kimberly genevieve for designlovefest}

stephanie says:

Wow this flea market looks crazy!! I am a huge fan of flea markets as well!! Vintage pieces have much more soul I just love them more and I get really proud when I find something first! (before my friends grab it!) haha it’s like a treasure hunting game for me!

Tiffany says:

Those little owls are darling in the best possible way. Trinkets get me every time!

samantha says:

wow, this flea market looks amazing!! i love all the coloured beads — so cute. if only i lived a little bit closer! 🙂 xx

Corissa says:

Ok, these bags are just fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

Aly says:

Beautiful!
    Absolutely love this post!

i love the photos of the pearl necklaces and blue necklaces – i want every single one! so pretty.

x shelby

Fun! Love the crocodile broach!

LaTrelle says:

Love all of the necklaces. Adding this flea mkt to my list of do’s next LA visit.

Courtney says:

Love that you got that pinata! I think that’s an awesome idea to hang him in a bedroom, I might have to steal this.

Jeanne says:

So fun! I haven’t been to the flea in a while (used to be my favorite thing to do!)… I think seeing your fab finds & shoot just inspired me to so again!

The first time I went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market I was overwhelmed (http://bit.ly/NjliSG = my pics from last June)! I love the photos and feel like I’m ready to venture back after seeing your tips + the adorable shopping bag guide. Cheers!

Emma says:

Wow what lovely photos of what looks like a great flea market! I think I need to move to LA asap!

Wish we had one of these in Toronto! Love the pinata find 🙂

Tania says:

I love all your pictures of the beads and fun jewlery pieces! I’ve been wanting to go to a flea market to see what treasures I can find, you’ve inspired me to do it soon.

I LOVE flea markets and this one looks amazing; have always wanted to go to it! You always appear to be having so much fun; it’s very refreshing!

Thanks for all of the inspiration, amazing imagery/graphics and advice!

Chelsea

Jaclyn says:

Love the photos and those owl brooches would look so cute clustered together. I’m dying for that polka dot tote too, it would be perfect for a morning at the rose bowl.

Stay in the Lines

Pink Ronnie says:

I hope to see more of these posts, Bri. I would love to get to flea markets more often but just not possible with little kids. So I shall just have to live vicariously through you!
    Ronnie xo

Pink Ronnie says:

(And congrats finding a new photographer!)
    Ronnie xo

gracie says:

I have that owl brooch with the coral belly and green eyes! Mine only has one eye though. Tell him his twin is in Ireland!

I love how you wear the collection of vintage brooches. I never would have thought of grouping them together, but it creates a really interesting eclectic feel. Thanks for the idea!

joy says:

LOVE this bee!

Pingback: ban.do blog
    look see says:

Love these photos & the totes are totes awesome! 🙂

Talita Taiti says:

Flea markets are the best. Back in in Porto Alegre, my hometown in Brazil, we have a huge flea market at the park every weekend. I used to sell knit hats there with my great-aunt and spend hours walking around looking at al the handcrafts, but my favorite was always the vinyls and jewelry in the vintage section. It’s one of my most prized memories 🙂

xx, TT
    TalitaSays.com

%http://www.sexyeapimentadas.com/acompanhantes-rj.html%

Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this website daily, this web site is genuinely nice and the people are actually sharing nice thoughts.

Feel free to surf to my homepage: website design cape town

Since the admin of this site is working, no hesitation very rapidly it will be well-known, due to its quality
    contents.