STYLE / 62

i shot with heather gildroy (this shoot in a cemetery in paris caught my eye) two weeks ago and it was a blast. she scouted this beautiful house with lush trees and so much charm. here was some of my inspiration for this first look…

i saw this bright orange tulle skirt in shareen vintage and knew it had to be mine. i normally like to pair my fancier skirts with casual tank tops so it’s not overboard girly.

this month i teamed up with elva fields to design a one-of-a-kind necklace. (see our process here!) it ended up being bright yellow with a sparkled heart brooch. predictable? yes. but i love it anyways.

now that you have seen my choices, what would you wear to a summer soirée? if you would like, you can get a very similar look with these lovely items below!

shop: 1. American Apparel tank, 2. Elva Fields necklace, 3. D&G tulle skirt, 4. Dolce Vita shoes

{photos by heather gildroy, see more outfits if you click right here}

This is one of my fave style posts to date. The location, and the colors of your skirt and necklace paired with the neutrals are just perfection!

Bree says:

I love your style posts! I’m hoping to do more on my blog soon. I’m really into denim vests right now. I would put that over a neon dress or something really colorful. I bought a Ban.do sequined heart a while back and love pinning that on the vest or fabric flowers to keep it summery. thanks Bri!

Sinead says:

Love this, really inspiring me to pick up a tulle skirt!

This is fantastic! Love the outfit, styling, setting. That orange color+tulle is pure happiness! Moroccan chic is my summer theme and I’ve been wearing a lot of white tanks with flowing sand colored trousers. Just picked up a Leifnotes dress for parties: a short white number covered with gold bead embellishments.

Pegah S says:

LOve the color combination, and how your lipstick always matches onething in your outfit.

Fabiola says:

Hi Bri! These pictures are pretty you and Heather make a great team!

love how you paired tulle with just a simple tank! and your necklace is awesome too.

Alex says:

I’m loving this post! Fantastic shoot, and incredible style!

bestofbklyn says:

That orange skirt is seriously amazing. Love it.

stephanie says:

I am an unconditional tulle lover! Great pictures love the color combination.

manu says:

I like the pictures, but I think taht due to the poses, one can’t really see the clothes.

Arbine says:

LOVE this! Now I need to buy myself a tulle skirt. Have a lovely day! 🙂

Ruth says:

I now want an orange tulle skirt. I’d have no where to wear it, but I still want one. Maybe I could do my housework in it…

Love the whole look, your style is so fun and adventurous.

Anonymous says:

I have a few tulle skirts, and they are some of my favorite items in my closet to wear! : ) Like Mother, Like Daughter! : )

Anonymous says:

P.S. I decided I had to have that mint green D & G tulle skirt you featured, and then I saw the price. Yowza! I’ll let you get it for me for Christmas! haha : )

What a fabulous shoot and love the photos…xoxoxo 🙂

Alison says:

I want a tulle skirt like yours!

Love the skirt! I don’t have the balls to pull that off but it totally works on you.

Pink Ronnie says:

In love with everything about that first shot! You are gorgeous Bri, and what awesome styling and photography!
    Ronnie xo

You sweetie! Awesome shoot, love it!

very cute outfit! I love all the style posts but everything is just so expensive! I’d love to see some affordable style posts as well.

Sally says:

Ok, I clearly need a tulle skirt in my life. That orange one is just completely amazing, love it!

Brynn Snow says:

Wedges are a must for summer looks. They add the height and the comfort in case you want to take a gander in the sun.

Brynn Snow of The Runway by D2G Apparel

Pingback: Wit & Whim
    Kristin B says:

Reeeeally stinkin’ late to the party, but these are insane gorgeous! I think my favourite style post to date. 🙂 Three cheers for tutus!

Remarkable! Its truly awesome piece of writing, I have got much
    clear idea concerning from this piece of writing.