07.31.12

STYLE / 62

i shot with heather gildroy (this shoot in a cemetery in paris caught my eye) two weeks ago and it was a blast. she scouted this beautiful house with lush trees and so much charm. here was some of my inspiration for this first look…

i saw this bright orange tulle skirt in shareen vintage and knew it had to be mine. i normally like to pair my fancier skirts with casual tank tops so it’s not overboard girly.

this month i teamed up with elva fields to design a one-of-a-kind necklace. (see our process here!) it ended up being bright yellow with a sparkled heart brooch. predictable? yes. but i love it anyways.

now that you have seen my choices, what would you wear to a summer soirée? if you would like, you can get a very similar look with these lovely items below!

shop: 1. American Apparel tank, 2. Elva Fields necklace, 3. D&G tulle skirt, 4. Dolce Vita shoes

{photos by heather gildroy, see more outfits if you click right here}

• 1. Rebecca - A Daily Something  |  July 31st, 2012 at 7:13 am

This is one of my fave style posts to date. The location, and the colors of your skirt and necklace paired with the neutrals are just perfection!

• 2. Bree  |  July 31st, 2012 at 7:24 am

I love your style posts! I’m hoping to do more on my blog soon. I’m really into denim vests right now. I would put that over a neon dress or something really colorful. I bought a Ban.do sequined heart a while back and love pinning that on the vest or fabric flowers to keep it summery. thanks Bri!

• 3. Sinead  |  July 31st, 2012 at 7:25 am

Love this, really inspiring me to pick up a tulle skirt!

• 4. la domestique  |  July 31st, 2012 at 8:01 am

This is fantastic! Love the outfit, styling, setting. That orange color+tulle is pure happiness! Moroccan chic is my summer theme and I’ve been wearing a lot of white tanks with flowing sand colored trousers. Just picked up a Leifnotes dress for parties: a short white number covered with gold bead embellishments.

• 5. Pegah S  |  July 31st, 2012 at 8:08 am

LOve the color combination, and how your lipstick always matches onething in your outfit.

• 6. Fabiola  |  July 31st, 2012 at 9:01 am

Hi Bri! These pictures are pretty you and Heather make a great team!

• 7. lydia {ever ours}  |  July 31st, 2012 at 9:58 am

love how you paired tulle with just a simple tank! and your necklace is awesome too.

• 8. Alex  |  July 31st, 2012 at 10:21 am

I’m loving this post! Fantastic shoot, and incredible style!

• 9. bestofbklyn  |  July 31st, 2012 at 10:32 am

That orange skirt is seriously amazing. Love it.

• 10. stephanie  |  July 31st, 2012 at 10:46 am

I am an unconditional tulle lover! Great pictures love the color combination.

• 11. manu  |  July 31st, 2012 at 11:03 am

I like the pictures, but I think taht due to the poses, one can’t really see the clothes.

• 12. Arbine  |  July 31st, 2012 at 11:26 am

LOVE this! Now I need to buy myself a tulle skirt. Have a lovely day! :)

• 13. Ruth  |  July 31st, 2012 at 11:32 am

I now want an orange tulle skirt. I’d have no where to wear it, but I still want one. Maybe I could do my housework in it…

• 14. Jessica @ Becoming Refined  |  July 31st, 2012 at 11:59 am

Love the whole look, your style is so fun and adventurous.

• 15. Anonymous  |  July 31st, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I have a few tulle skirts, and they are some of my favorite items in my closet to wear! : ) Like Mother, Like Daughter! : )

• 16. Anonymous  |  July 31st, 2012 at 12:23 pm

P.S. I decided I had to have that mint green D & G tulle skirt you featured, and then I saw the price. Yowza! I’ll let you get it for me for Christmas! haha : )

• 17. Berty Morales  |  July 31st, 2012 at 2:04 pm

What a fabulous shoot and love the photos…xoxoxo :)

• 18. Alison  |  July 31st, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I want a tulle skirt like yours!

• 19. Renee @ eatliveshop.com  |  July 31st, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Love the skirt! I don’t have the balls to pull that off but it totally works on you.

• 20. Jeline  |  July 31st, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I am in love with your skirt!!

thedamselinadress.blogspot.com

• 21. Pink Ronnie  |  July 31st, 2012 at 4:48 pm

In love with everything about that first shot! You are gorgeous Bri, and what awesome styling and photography!
    Ronnie xo

• 22. Malcolm Jackson  |  July 31st, 2012 at 6:06 pm

You sweetie! Awesome shoot, love it!

• 23. Katherine Barton  |  August 1st, 2012 at 1:42 am

very cute outfit! I love all the style posts but everything is just so expensive! I’d love to see some affordable style posts as well.

• 24. Sally  |  August 1st, 2012 at 5:39 am

Ok, I clearly need a tulle skirt in my life. That orange one is just completely amazing, love it!

• 25. Brynn Snow  |  August 1st, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Wedges are a must for summer looks. They add the height and the comfort in case you want to take a gander in the sun.

<3,

Brynn Snow of The Runway by D2G Apparel

• 26. saturday link love «&hellip  |  August 4th, 2012 at 1:05 am

[...] Design Love Fest : tulle [...]

• 27. Wit & Whim&hellip  |  August 7th, 2012 at 5:07 pm

[...] Bri’s style never fails to inspire. Obviously, considering my sketchbook is full of images directly inspired the by her style posts! This entry was posted in Design by dee. Bookmark the permalink. [...]

• 28. Kristin B  |  August 12th, 2012 at 8:32 am

Reeeeally stinkin’ late to the party, but these are insane gorgeous! I think my favourite style post to date. :) Three cheers for tutus!

• 29. HIGHLIGHT REEL | D E S I &hellip  |  December 21st, 2012 at 11:00 am

[...] CLOCKWORK ORANGE   |  THE SHINING   |  TULLE   |  50′s [...]

• 30. i love her style | bri em&hellip  |  February 13th, 2013 at 4:05 am

[...] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like11 bloggers like this. bri [...]

• 31. Why I Love the Color Oran&hellip  |  April 15th, 2013 at 3:24 am

[...] (Image credits: Rodney Smith, via Atlantic-Pacific, Heather Gildroy via Designlovefest) [...]

• 32. Miss Wyolene » Bran&hellip  |  July 18th, 2013 at 5:05 am

[...] on the Run, Pinterest, englishdept (Etsy), Lyst, Atlanta-Pacific, Crush Cul de Sac, DesignLoveFest, Pretty Stuff, [...]

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg