07.17.12

STYLE / 60

we are putting the finishing touches on the lucky magazine video, but thought it would be fun to show two of the winning looks included in it!

the direction of the video was to choose one afternoon date outfit and one evening date ensemble. we show you all of my date options (and there were a LOT of options) and end up on my two favorites for max to photograph for the style column!

i chose this dress for the evening date. it’s H&M and really affordable. i’m really into the shiny material and i thought the color palette was really interesting — feminine but not over the top girly. i never really was a huge fan of showing my arms in dresses…i just feel best with some little sleeves (girls, you know what i mean here)

my hair choice for the night was just a little twist and some hot pink bobbi pins in the back to show off those glitzy earrings.

a vintage sparkled belt defines the waistline and a cobalt pom flower gives the dress some personality. (as if it needed any help)

when i’m on a date, I usually wear less accessories than if i’m going out with my girlfriends. not really sure why. so, i kept the bracelets to a minimum and went with this kendra scott jeweled cuff instead of a huge stack of my regular bracelets.

well, what’d you think? is this something you would wear on a date? or do you usually go the more casual route?

next week i’ll show you the winning daytime outfit and the video soon after! thanks so much to these folks for helping me out…

in partnership with: lucky magazine
photography: max wanger
stylist: jen pinkston

and shout out to natalie & bonnie for making these fantastic dip-dyed drop cloths for the backgrounds. these are definitely getting saved for curtains in my new guest bedroom.

Jime says:

I’m a big fan of dresses so great outfit!

I completely LOVE this outfit. It’s perfect for a date night. Feminine, but still cool. I love that you added the glittery belt!

Lindsey says:

This dress is gorgeous! I cannot believe it is H&M! It looks so great on you!!!

Tan says:

That belt is incredible! I’d definitely wear that out on a date and every other occasion

Richelle says:

I love love love that dress! So feminine and beautiful. Just darling. You rock that outfit.

gia says:

I’m a jeans kind of girl.. but I’m trying to get some more sophisticated tops and some blingy necklaces. though I find even that to be a challenge!

I love how you worked different colors and textures into one cohesive look. I would love this for a girl’s brunch, too!

Linda says:

Cute! One of my fav parts of date night is getting to dress up 🙂 I’m the same way with keeping the bracelets minimal. I think it’s because it’s less distracting since a bunch os stacked bracelets can get pretty loud and heavy. But I do love that look!

Gabriel says:

Holy smokes! You already cracked 60 style posts!

Miek says:

Lovely pictures! H&M is a nice store… the dress looks great!

We can’t wait to see it!

Love this Bri! Such a modern/romantic look 🙂

Oleah says:

wow, you kinda look like emma stone in that first picture. really pretty look.

xthesimplethingsx.blogspot.com

look see says:

Just stunning! 🙂

Style Tutor says:

I own this dress and have styled it basically the same way, right down to the sparkly belt and shoes!

Dreamy and absolutey stunning pics of you. The pop of the bright lips and nail polish are the cherry on top.

Jess says:

Where are those earrings from? I love them! And I agree about the jewelry when I’m going out with gfs or on a date…I don’t know why…maybe I feel like guys just don’t appreciate statement pieces as much as girls do?

Alison says:

You look great. I love the belt and the bando accessories.

Pingback: ban.do blog