07.12.12

LA SHOP / POKETO

one of my recent goals has been to document more of my favorite shops and restaurants. there is an enormous amount of cool places to go in LA so I have been bringing kimberly around with me to shoot them for the blog! (she also shot this flea market post)

this week we hit up the new poketo store in downtown LA! ted & angie are actually my next door neighbors so when they told me they were opening up a store in the neighborhood (here is their online shop) i rushed over there to check it out.

poketo is now my go-to gift stop. need a little gift for a friend’s birthday? or a house warming gift? here’s the place. and major cool points on the decor in there, huh? now i want a room in my house made out of plywood.

my boyfriend rode his bike over to say hello during the shoot. he looks quite athletic here!

i bought the clutch with the baby triangles on it for my assistant’s birthday. just LOOK at how many cool ones are on the falcon wright website!

and claire vivier! your clutches kill me. perfect color choices on those neon stripes.

they have a little section of bathroom items like striped towels, nice soaps and containers. everything they have is high quality, and they have edited it down so nicely. i loved seeing SO many of the items that I have chosen for our past blogshops in there! it made me feel like i was doing somethin right!

my favorite section there is the glassware and little planters. so much charm!

i bought this A-frame succulent planter below for our new house. I have already picked the perfect window for it.

hopefully you enjoyed your little tour of the poketo shop! make sure to stop by and pick up a little treasure for yourself.

poketo

820 East 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013

213-537-0751
Monday-Friday, noon to 7pm
Saturday-Sunday, 11am to 7pm

photos by kimberly genevieve for designlovefest

• 1. Jess  |  July 12th, 2012 at 5:45 am

Gorgeous! Love all of those scarves in the shop too!

• 2. natasha  |  July 12th, 2012 at 6:03 am

this is cute store the light airy white space with colors, love it

• 3. Audrey - This Little Street  |  July 12th, 2012 at 7:38 am

Oh I love Poketo! So happy they are also only since I’m not anywhere near L.A! The store looks amazing.

• 4. Leigh  |  July 12th, 2012 at 8:26 am

I was about to say that I wish they were online and then I saw that you included their URL in the post. Thanks for sharing, I might have to do some retain therapy later!!

• 5. Sarah  |  July 12th, 2012 at 8:36 am

Love! I seriously need to move to LA! Or at least do an extended trip.

• 6. Leigh  |  July 12th, 2012 at 9:05 am

**retail therapy

• 7. Ashlie  |  July 12th, 2012 at 9:38 am

What an adorable shop! As a boutique owner I appreciate seeing what other cool stores are doing in other cities. I’d love to visit this one – I’m inspired by all their natural light and colorful products!

• 8. bri  |  July 12th, 2012 at 9:39 am

the light is the most beautiful!

• 9. Erin  |  July 12th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Eeeee!
    A friend and I have planned an Emerican Trip in January and will definitely be adding this to our google map of adventure!

Now if you’ll excuse me, there be an online store that needs all of my attention.

• 10. Victoria@VictoryPaper  |  July 12th, 2012 at 4:49 pm

what a delightfully curated shop! thanks for sharing, looking forward to more LA recommendations!

• 11. AlexMichael May  |  July 12th, 2012 at 6:00 pm

store is SO cute, and yes i was the lucky recipient of that AMAZEBALLS pink triangle clutch–thank you bri, you’re the best!! :) kimberly, love the pics!!!!

• 12. everydaydeelights  |  July 13th, 2012 at 6:22 am

hey bri! i love the little clutch with the triangles! might need to copy you. haha

• 13. Weekly Links | Gab White&hellip  |  July 13th, 2012 at 7:17 am

[...] DesignLoveFest did a visit to a shop in LA called Poketo and I am in total design crush mode. If I ever opened a retail location, I would want it to be just like this. Here’s the full post. [...]

• 14. Jeanne  |  July 13th, 2012 at 9:34 am

Oh, how I wish Poketo is in S.F. too! Love the shoot, Bri!

• 15. saturday link love «&hellip  |  July 14th, 2012 at 1:12 am

[...] Design Love fest: POKETO [...]

• 16. look see  |  July 14th, 2012 at 2:14 am

Just gorgeous!

• 17. Oleah  |  July 15th, 2012 at 1:46 pm

awesome shop!

xthesimplethingsx.blogspot.com

• 18. Little Bennet  |  July 16th, 2012 at 12:24 am

I’ve been buying their stuff from their online store for ages!! Didn’t know you guys were neighbours!!???!!!??? Gosh I’m jealous!

• 19. Jamie  |  July 20th, 2012 at 6:10 am

Oh man I love Poketo! Do you know who makes the striped dress in the photo underneath the owners? I love it and must have it but I can’t find it on their website!

• 20. poketo shop with bri emer&hellip  |  July 31st, 2012 at 6:10 pm

[...] these pictures were featured on designlovefest. full post can be viewed over here. [...]

• 21. Shop Talk: Poketo «&hellip  |  August 4th, 2012 at 11:37 am

[...] treat! I first noticed a couple of their items on pinterest. One of my favorite blogs, featured the Poketo store opening in LA and I fell in love with the way that the flagship store looks. Since I am in [...]

• 22. MOHAWK GENERAL STORE | D &hellip  |  August 13th, 2012 at 6:01 am

[...] i’ve been showing you some of my favorite LA spots lately. (here – here and here too) today is all about the mohawk general store! it’s wonderfully curated [...]

• 23. BREANNA ROSE / kimberly g&hellip  |  August 20th, 2012 at 7:01 am

[...] was catching up on designlovefest the other day and noticed a recurring name in the credit of some of the most recent lifestyle posts [...]

• 24. EAT DRINK AMERICANO / DOW&hellip  |  August 2nd, 2013 at 6:57 am

[...] check this place out if you are in the area. and maybe stop by poketo & apolis across the street for a little shopping [...]

• 25. TLV Birdie  |  October 5th, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Oh we’ve visited this shop with my BF the other day and very much loved it, and we’ve bought there a typography design cool book and now I see this store #1 in your list!:)

• 26. Talita Taiti  |  December 15th, 2013 at 5:13 pm

What an adorable shop, I like how it looks so clean and airy. Definitely visiting when I move to LA in April!

xx, TT
    TalitaSays.com

• 27. Online Shopping Tips  |  June 12th, 2014 at 8:00 am

Mу family еѵery time ѕay
    that ӏ am killing my time ɦere аt net, ɦowever ӏ кnoԝ І ɑm ɡetting κnoԝ-ɦow еνery day Ƅy reading ѕuch ɡood articles οr reviews.

• 28. Cheap shop  |  June 12th, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I visit every day a few blogs ɑnd sites tо
    read articles, еxcept thіs website
    ρrovides feature based writing.

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg