07.11.12

JUMP RIGHT IN

a few weeks ago we taught an extension of blogshop with our friends max + margaux and jesse + whitney! they taught two days of photography basics and blogshop came in the last day and went over workflow and editing!

we taught in my work studio this time — cleared out all the desks and set up shop.

i still love that our studio door is painted like this! such good friends in there.

jesse + whitney are lighting masters, so they were showing us all how it works. oh that sweet dance move? jesse wanted to show how you would light someone dancing in the middle of a group, so i volunteered :)

we love our friends over at tattly!

remember those DIY camera straps I posted a while back? they were such a hit, so we decided to hire my girl natalie to make a whole BUNCH of them for each student. it made me so happy to see all of them wearing them together.

we can always (always!) count on heirloom LA to be delicious. we use them all the time for LA events because they pay attention to detail and serve up the most unique food. if you are in LA you have to check out their food truck on monday nights in front of silver lake wine!

the students had fun taking some food shots. practice makes perfect.

this picture above is funny to me because it looks like a paparazzi shot. i almost feel bad for her, but i swear she was having a good time while the students practiced their photo skills.

we printed up a bunch of stickgrams from all 6 teacher’s instagram feeds!

give it up for our awesome sponsors!

pinhole press – custom photo pads here
tattly
blurb – make your own book here!
stickygram - print your instagrams on magnets!
katnawlins – colorful mountain cards here
borreli scarves - i like this color!
alien skin
smilebooth
natalie shriver
fotofafa
renaissance album

food:
heirloom LA
atwater crossing

you can’t tell in this photo, but those striped boreli drift scarves are really adorable and perfect for this season. lightweight and pretty colors.

feet first is doing another workshop (blogshop won’t be there this time!) in new york and i believe there is a couple spots still open. sign up here!

or if you want to attend good ‘ole blogshop, head right over here!

photos by our labor of love

• 1. Ladipo  |  July 11th, 2012 at 8:01 am

That looks like so so much fun!
    I always want to go to things like this but there aren’t that many in my area…let alone being able to afford it lol.

Glad everyone had fun though :D

• 2. theresa  |  July 11th, 2012 at 8:46 am

LOVE it=] so happy there finally up!!

when i have wedding season dies down, I’ll definitely sign up for BLOGSHOP=]

• 3. Sarah  |  July 11th, 2012 at 9:10 am

Wow all of this look fantastic. I would LOVE to go to one of your blogshops. Maybe one day =)

– Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

• 4. Alison  |  July 11th, 2012 at 9:11 am

I WAS having fun during that paparazzi shoot. :) So glad that Zach and I got to be a part of this awesome class!!

• 5. Madalena Leles Cohen  |  July 11th, 2012 at 9:43 am

One of the best days of my life <3

• 6. Jenny  |  July 11th, 2012 at 9:54 am

This looks like such a wonderful time!!! :)

• 7. Kendall  |  July 11th, 2012 at 9:54 am

thank you for sharing this experience so much!! Your blog is fun and has so much inspiration! Thank you for being you! One day in the universe I would love to meet and smile with you!

• 8. Kate  |  July 11th, 2012 at 10:51 pm

You always have the best ideas and the most adorable way of going about things.

Kate

• 9. Ruth  |  July 12th, 2012 at 9:18 am

These tattoo’s are sooooooo cool! I NEED to order some, and these are gonna make AWESOME gifts!!!

• 10. Katnawlins  |  July 17th, 2012 at 12:58 am

love the post! And thank you for featuring my colorful mountain greeting cards here! loveeeelllly!

• 11. Sandra  |  August 26th, 2012 at 11:24 am

OK! I NEED one of those Feetfirst+Blogshop workshops. Please host one again. A Belgian fan will try to make her way over for sure.

• 12. FOOD / 30 | D E S I G N L&hellip  |  December 5th, 2012 at 6:00 am

[…] have used heirloom LA numerous times for our blogshop catering needs (here and here). they really know how to entertain, so i was excited about this little get […]

• 13. shelf life | beau.&hellip  |  March 13th, 2013 at 10:36 am

[…] fun to see her posts of the journey from when she moved in. i had the pleasure of meeting her at this feetfirst + blogshop last april. she gave out some tattoos she had made for her blog and when i […]

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg