FOOD / 27
this week i was met with a very difficult decision to make…GIN or WHISKEY? well, i made it easy on myself and chose both!
ps. although crumble would imply there is some sort of sweet crispy cake topping, there is no such thing. the crumble is what will happen to you if you drink too many of these. so, good luck!
what you’ll need:
• 4 oz creme de violette
• 1 liter of lemon soda (or make your own with fresh squeezed lemon juice and club soda!)
• 4 oz honey syrup
• lemon wedges
• maraschino cherries (and a couple spoonfuls of the syrup, too)
• a bunch of ice
• gin AND whiskey
what to do:
• first you need to make the aforementioned honey syrup.
• heat 1 cup honey and 1 cup water in a pan, stirring until it simmers then remove from heat. once cooled you can pour it into a cute jam jar or glass bottle and store in the fridge.
• place four ice filled low ball glasses on the table
• add a lemon wedge to each as well as some cocktail picked cherries
• fill each glass half way with lemon soda
then you shake:
• in a cocktail shaker add a handful of ice, the creme de violette, honey syrup and a couple tablespoons of maraschino syrup
• and shake, and shake, and shake, and shake!
• disperse this beautiful purple concoction equally into the four glasses.
now, the hard part:
• force your guests to pick sides – gin or whiskey
• pour, stir, cheers…enjoy
i chose whiskey cause i like the kick, but gin is still a totally respectable choice. heck, if you are looking for something even lighter, just forgo the G or W. it’s still super duper delicious.