FOOD / 26
oh, the elusive farro. hard to find, but so worth the search. i was re-introduced to farrow a couple weeks ago, and remembered that i loved it! sooooo, i thought it best to share this little concoction…what you’ll need:
• 1 cup of farro
• 5 radishes (chopped)
• 1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes (or grape tomatoes will certainly do)
• 5 oz feta (cubed)
• 8 large basil leaves
• 1 lemon
• olive oil, salt and pepper – not gonna tell you how much to use. you got this, kid!
what to do:
• the packaging is gonna tell you to soak the farro. take a hike, packaging. we don’t got time for that.
• add farro into 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
• reduce to a simmer and cover until farro is tender and most or all of the water is gone (20 ish mins)
* drain the farro, throw it in a bowl and pop that bowl in the fridge. let’s coooool it down.
while the farro is chillin’:
• chop your cheese and veggies and julienne the basil
* add the above to the chilled farro
* zest the lemon over the mixture and then cut it in half and juice it.
• drizzle olive oil and the lemon juice over the salad and toss it, baby.
* do the whole fancy salt + fresh ground pepper thing and your set.
so now you’ve either got lunch for 2 to 4 days (depending on your appetite) or a great side for grilled veggies! now go, enjoy summer, eat farro.