FOOD / 25
i mean c’mon. every once and a while we should be able to slurp on our alcohol like soup, right? well here’s your chance. slurp away folks, slurp AWAY!
what you’ll need:
• 1 to 2 cups of ice
• 1/2 cup campari
• 1/4 cup rose’s sweetened lime juice
• handful of candied ginger (probably about 10 pieces)
• 1 cup of ginger ale
• zest of one lime
what to do:
• add campari, lime juice, half of the ice and 5 pieces of candied ginger into a blender.
• and pulse, and pulse, and pulse. and then add a bunch of lime zest (saving a bit for cocktail topping).
• and pulse, and pulse, and pulse…need more ice for optimal slushie-ness? do it!
* once you get it to a consistency you love, pop the mixture in the freezer for about 15 mins to let it set.
• fill 4 small juice sized glasses each with 1/4 cup of ginger ale.
* spoon in slushie to each of the cups and gently (ever so gently), stir to mix slushie and ginger ale
* top off with the rest of the lime zest (cause it’s purty) and then garnish with candied ginger
• ps. i won’t be mad atcha if you decide to drizzle a little honey on top.