05.22.12

STYLE / 54

i’m pretty sad this month’s beso style series has come to an end. but luckily today we have all sorts of outtakes from max. and a super cool video from arian!

the first week we experimented with black and white & I finally got to wear a tuxedo! (and somehow exactly resembled my three year old self)

then we moved on to an in yo face floral post. pattern mixing to the max!

i also got this colorful chalk braid tied across my head…the beauty department did a tutorial on how to do this yourself right here!

i have always loved those prickly looking flowers. what are they called again?

after that, we stripped the color away and went completely neutral with it. lace, sequins, tulle, balloons…

and this week, we put a spin on the floral look with a fun yellow tie-up shirt and a pair of summer trousers! perfect for a weekend getaway.

and the braid went from a ponytail to a crown of braided glory.

check out my collection & get this 4th look here

shop my beso collection: Kendra Scott necklace / Equipment shirt / Urban Outfitters sunglasses / Kate Spade bracelet / Tory Burch wedges / Edun cropped trousers  (and see alternates over here in my collection!)

thank you to my boyfriend who created this MAGICAL video for me to share with you! it’s different than any videos we’ve done in the past…a little darker & more dramatic. watch here:

photography: max wanger
art direction: bri emery & jen gotch
styling: jen pinkston
videography: modshift
music: malcolm mclaren, “about her”

Chelsea says:

The video is fabulous. I loved it. This has been a great series. Congrats on the gorgeous looks. xo

Pink Ronnie says:

AWESOME video. Arian’s work is amazing. I really loved how this video was more dramatic than your usual style. Matches the mood of this month’s style shoots too.
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – you just keep raising that bar, Bri!
    Well done to you and the entire team for these shoots.
    Ronnie xo

Love love love the video! The music is a great fit. I’m sad this series is over too- so much fun!

Bec says:

So fun, thanks to your boyfriend for the video too – I really loved seeing you and Max in action and how you worked!

Rachael B says:

I believe they’re called protea. Loved the video – especially the music. I’m super envious that you got to wear that gorgeous dress. It looked incredible on you and even more ethereal with that huge balloon. On a side note – a friend of mine is getting married next summer, we’re definitely investing in those balloons for her. She must MUST have them! Thanks for always sharing such beautiful and inspiring work Bri. You are amazing!

Sarah says:

Very cool! Great styling and great video! I love this series. You look so cute and cool no matter what!

adele says:

Such a cool look Bri…I need those sunnies in my life!!!
    Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo

BRI! You put the best teams together! And you all do such wonderful work :) Keep it up!

All of your talent continues to blow me away. What an incredible team!

What’s the song that plays in the video? It’s amazing!

Amber says:

Really love this… the colorful braid on your head is so so pretty!

Fabiola says:

LOVE the video and all the looks are beautiful in their own way! Great work :)

Megan says:

Gorgeous video….you are a natural in front of the camera Bri.
    Who knew Max was such a cutie too?!

amazing! im in love with the video!! arian is so beyond talented!!! so fun to see it all in action. you two are quite the duo.

amy says:

pure awesomeness! what a great + talented team of people :)

Elisse says:

I have been consistently amazed and impressed by all of your style posts Bri! They are so unique and interesting. I feel like each one tells a story and makes me dream of past decades and far away places. I can’t wait to see what’s next!!

So, so awesome! I absolutely love that floral backdrop too, care to share where the fabric is from?? =)

bri says:

you all are so so nice! thank you for following along over the past month, it’s been a ton of fun.

and we are gonna need more of arian’s videos around here it looks like!

How fab!! I looooved the looks and the final video! I wonder if I could pull off that chalk braid?!!

Love it all! You and the team did such a great job!

Lei Friedel says:

what a creative ending to a beautiful series! the video was EXCELLENT. keep up the AMAZING work!

do you know what type of camera arian uses? just curious.

S says:

Great video! You have a very talented bf!

bri says:

he shoots with a canon 7d i believe! (but don’t hold me to that ha)

Kendra says:

This has been such an amazing series.. your work never ceases to inspire and amaze me!! Not to mention, you two are quite the talented power couple :)

Monique says:

The video is rad x 100! Love watching Jen Gotch go to work behind the scenes. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous says:

everything is SO AMAZING, bri! i love and adore every single thing on your website, and i ESPECIALLY look forward to style-post tuesdays! also, it looks like beso is no longer selling those super cute heart sunglasses :( any idea where i can buy those?!

Eva says:

Ahhhhmazeballs!!!!!

I LOVED all of these. Ridiculously good.

Kastles says:

Oh Bri! You kill it every time! I love all these shoots and the video! You inspire me constantly! Thank you for being yourself and such a ray of sunshine in the world of blogging!
    <3 Kastles

Sarolta says:

The clip is like a dream. I love the dramatic music and the romantic pictures. And by the way: I think that sequined BHLDN dress would make a wonderful wedding dress for you one day.

Liana says:

This video is so great, Bri! Love it!!!

Jeline says:

This is sooo incredible!! Love it. xx

Jenny says:

What song is that? Love the video!

This is amazing and love the photos…xoxox

Awesome!! What is the name of the song in the video?

Latrina says:

Such a great video! :) What a fun month you must have had, wow.

Dariela says:

I love the outtakes! They don’t look like outtakes though! And the video is awesome! -You are such and inspiration Bri. usually never comment but I had to today, and I will more :) Have a great day!

Naomi says:

They did a great job. I thoroughly enjoyed this month of photoshoots– vibrant, bold and inspiring. Thanks for sharing it with us bloggers. :)

bri says:

THANK YOU FRIENDS!!! i hope i can come up with more inspiration very soon!
    bri

wow! LOVED this video. You and your boyfriend are just creative geniuses over there! Loved all your outfits. You are gorgeous and so photogenic. Hoping to see more of these in the future! well done. Seems like a great team!

erin says:

LOVED this series! Go Arian, this video was amaze. Love seeing peeks of Max shooting too!

gretchen says:

great video. Where’s the music credit???

bri says:

just added it to the post! it’s malcolm mclaren, “about her”

Erin says:

This video is AMAZING! Bri- you look fabulous and i’ve got the song playing on repeat in my head now- must buy! You are extremely talented and continue to elevate the creative playground.

super fun! all the pictures are amazing and the video was the icing on the cake! great job done by all!

Such a great video! :) What a fun month you must have had, wow.

Mariel says:

Me encanto el fotografoooo¡

Sophia says:

I absolutely loved your video! All of your looks were gorgeous. I’m obsessing over this song right now!

Oh my gosh, looks like you guys had a BLAST! Really fun video, and love ALL the looks and photography. Very cool, please do more :)

Love the video and the whole series. The music, the set, the clothes… You have a wonderful life!!!

Katy says: