05.22.12

STYLE / 54

i’m pretty sad this month’s beso style series has come to an end. but luckily today we have all sorts of outtakes from max. and a super cool video from arian!

the first week we experimented with black and white & I finally got to wear a tuxedo! (and somehow exactly resembled my three year old self)

then we moved on to an in yo face floral post. pattern mixing to the max!

i also got this colorful chalk braid tied across my head…the beauty department did a tutorial on how to do this yourself right here!

i have always loved those prickly looking flowers. what are they called again?

after that, we stripped the color away and went completely neutral with it. lace, sequins, tulle, balloons…

and this week, we put a spin on the floral look with a fun yellow tie-up shirt and a pair of summer trousers! perfect for a weekend getaway.

and the braid went from a ponytail to a crown of braided glory.

check out my collection & get this 4th look here

shop my beso collection: Kendra Scott necklace / Equipment shirt / Urban Outfitters sunglasses / Kate Spade bracelet / Tory Burch wedges / Edun cropped trousers  (and see alternates over here in my collection!)

thank you to my boyfriend who created this MAGICAL video for me to share with you! it’s different than any videos we’ve done in the past…a little darker & more dramatic. watch here:

photography: max wanger
art direction: bri emery & jen gotch
styling: jen pinkston
videography: modshift
music: malcolm mclaren, “about her”

• 1. Chelsea  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 6:31 am

The video is fabulous. I loved it. This has been a great series. Congrats on the gorgeous looks. xo

• 2. Pink Ronnie  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 6:34 am

AWESOME video. Arian’s work is amazing. I really loved how this video was more dramatic than your usual style. Matches the mood of this month’s style shoots too.
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – you just keep raising that bar, Bri!
    Well done to you and the entire team for these shoots.
    Ronnie xo

• 3. la domestique  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:05 am

Love love love the video! The music is a great fit. I’m sad this series is over too- so much fun!

• 4. Bec  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:15 am

So fun, thanks to your boyfriend for the video too – I really loved seeing you and Max in action and how you worked!

• 5. Rachael B  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:17 am

I believe they’re called protea. Loved the video – especially the music. I’m super envious that you got to wear that gorgeous dress. It looked incredible on you and even more ethereal with that huge balloon. On a side note – a friend of mine is getting married next summer, we’re definitely investing in those balloons for her. She must MUST have them! Thanks for always sharing such beautiful and inspiring work Bri. You are amazing!

• 6. Sarah  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:39 am

Very cool! Great styling and great video! I love this series. You look so cute and cool no matter what!

• 7. adele  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:49 am

Such a cool look Bri…I need those sunnies in my life!!!
    Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo

• 8. Rebecca - A Daily Something  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:53 am

BRI! You put the best teams together! And you all do such wonderful work :) Keep it up!

• 9. Jacquelyn | lark & linen  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:54 am

All of your talent continues to blow me away. What an incredible team!

What’s the song that plays in the video? It’s amazing!

• 10. Amber  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:54 am

Really love this… the colorful braid on your head is so so pretty!

• 11. Fabiola  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:56 am

LOVE the video and all the looks are beautiful in their own way! Great work :)

• 12. Megan  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 8:33 am

Gorgeous video….you are a natural in front of the camera Bri.
    Who knew Max was such a cutie too?!

• 13. brittany barney  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 8:33 am

amazing! im in love with the video!! arian is so beyond talented!!! so fun to see it all in action. you two are quite the duo.

• 14. amy  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 8:40 am

pure awesomeness! what a great + talented team of people :)

• 15. Elisse  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 8:48 am

I have been consistently amazed and impressed by all of your style posts Bri! They are so unique and interesting. I feel like each one tells a story and makes me dream of past decades and far away places. I can’t wait to see what’s next!!

• 16. Kelly @ Studio DIY  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 8:49 am

So, so awesome! I absolutely love that floral backdrop too, care to share where the fabric is from?? =)

• 17. bri  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 9:11 am

you all are so so nice! thank you for following along over the past month, it’s been a ton of fun.

and we are gonna need more of arian’s videos around here it looks like!

• 18. Niki at scandinavianhome  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 10:32 am

How fab!! I looooved the looks and the final video! I wonder if I could pull off that chalk braid?!!

• 19. Leah // Freutcake  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 10:33 am

Love it all! You and the team did such a great job!

• 20. Lei Friedel  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 10:36 am

what a creative ending to a beautiful series! the video was EXCELLENT. keep up the AMAZING work!

do you know what type of camera arian uses? just curious.

• 21. S  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 10:55 am

Great video! You have a very talented bf!

• 22. bri  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 11:01 am

he shoots with a canon 7d i believe! (but don’t hold me to that ha)

• 23. Kendra  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 12:11 pm

This has been such an amazing series.. your work never ceases to inspire and amaze me!! Not to mention, you two are quite the talented power couple :)

• 24. Monique  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 1:13 pm

The video is rad x 100! Love watching Jen Gotch go to work behind the scenes. Thanks for sharing!

• 25. Anonymous  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 1:44 pm

everything is SO AMAZING, bri! i love and adore every single thing on your website, and i ESPECIALLY look forward to style-post tuesdays! also, it looks like beso is no longer selling those super cute heart sunglasses :( any idea where i can buy those?!

• 26. Eva  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Ahhhhmazeballs!!!!!

• 27. Danie at Pasadya  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I LOVED all of these. Ridiculously good.

• 28. Kastles  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Oh Bri! You kill it every time! I love all these shoots and the video! You inspire me constantly! Thank you for being yourself and such a ray of sunshine in the world of blogging!
    <3 Kastles

• 29. Sarolta  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 3:32 pm

The clip is like a dream. I love the dramatic music and the romantic pictures. And by the way: I think that sequined BHLDN dress would make a wonderful wedding dress for you one day.

• 30. Liana  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 4:05 pm

This video is so great, Bri! Love it!!!

• 31. Jeline  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 4:50 pm

This is sooo incredible!! Love it. xx

• 32. Jenny  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 7:41 pm

What song is that? Love the video!

• 33. Berty Morales  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 8:02 pm

This is amazing and love the photos…xoxox

• 34. Mike Carreiro  |  May 22nd, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Awesome!! What is the name of the song in the video?

• 35. Latrina  |  May 23rd, 2012 at 7:28 am

Such a great video! :) What a fun month you must have had, wow.

• 36. Dariela  |  May 23rd, 2012 at 10:32 am

I love the outtakes! They don’t look like outtakes though! And the video is awesome! -You are such and inspiration Bri. usually never comment but I had to today, and I will more :) Have a great day!

• 37. Naomi  |  May 23rd, 2012 at 10:41 am

They did a great job. I thoroughly enjoyed this month of photoshoots– vibrant, bold and inspiring. Thanks for sharing it with us bloggers. :)

• 38. bri  |  May 23rd, 2012 at 10:51 am

THANK YOU FRIENDS!!! i hope i can come up with more inspiration very soon!
    bri

• 39. Lindsay Rondo  |  May 23rd, 2012 at 11:26 am

wow! LOVED this video. You and your boyfriend are just creative geniuses over there! Loved all your outfits. You are gorgeous and so photogenic. Hoping to see more of these in the future! well done. Seems like a great team!

• 40. erin  |  May 24th, 2012 at 10:54 am

LOVED this series! Go Arian, this video was amaze. Love seeing peeks of Max shooting too!

• 41. Happy Weekend | Lovestruc&hellip  |  May 24th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

[…] I loved all of Bri’s style posts. Here’s the recap […]

• 42. gretchen  |  May 24th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

great video. Where’s the music credit???

• 43. bri  |  May 24th, 2012 at 9:20 pm

just added it to the post! it’s malcolm mclaren, “about her”

• 44. Erin  |  May 26th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

This video is AMAZING! Bri- you look fabulous and i’ve got the song playing on repeat in my head now- must buy! You are extremely talented and continue to elevate the creative playground.

• 45. deneise bucko  |  May 27th, 2012 at 6:53 am

super fun! all the pictures are amazing and the video was the icing on the cake! great job done by all!

• 46. Esarp Yapımı  |  May 27th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Such a great video! :) What a fun month you must have had, wow.

• 47. Mariel  |  May 29th, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Me encanto el fotografoooo¡

• 48. best of the blogs: may 20&hellip  |  June 6th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

[…] For her last installment of Besos’ style month, Bri shared a dark and haunting behind-the-scenes vid put together with the help of her partner (read through to the bottom of the […]

• 49. Thursday Treats: 7th June&hellip  |  June 7th, 2012 at 7:27 am

[…] range of Lucy & Lily greetings cards are SO CUTE. My fave is this I love you card. awww! ♥ Bri of Design Love Fest shot by Max Wanger. Just wow (the video is also super ace). ♥ I love this rainbow queen chart! ♥ The amazing […]

• 50. STYLE / 59 | D E S I G N &hellip  |  July 3rd, 2012 at 6:03 am

[…] you work with your significant other? i recently started collaborating a lot more often on videos (here and here) and have noticed a couple […]

• 51. Sophia  |  July 16th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I absolutely loved your video! All of your looks were gorgeous. I’m obsessing over this song right now!

• 52. MAY STYLE SERIES. &#&hellip  |  August 2nd, 2012 at 9:29 pm

[…] including an awesome little behind-the-scenes video by her boyfriend, arian. more on bri’s blog. […]

• 53. HIGHLIGHT REEL | D E S I &hellip  |  December 21st, 2012 at 10:49 am

[…] and then max & i decided to take it in the complete opposite direction and went darker… […]

• 54. Astrid Mueller  |  January 2nd, 2013 at 4:04 am

Oh my gosh, looks like you guys had a BLAST! Really fun video, and love ALL the looks and photography. Very cool, please do more :)

• 55. Deneise Bucko  |  April 7th, 2013 at 7:46 am

Love the video and the whole series. The music, the set, the clothes… You have a wonderful life!!!

• 56. RESOURCE LISTS! | D E S I&hellip  |  August 1st, 2013 at 10:12 am

[…] with other creatives! (this flower bomb, a backyard party, benefit beauty posts, my living room, style shoots, blogshop events) all of those posts took multiple people to make them possible, and they also made […]

• 57. STYLE / 100! | D E S I G &hellip  |  August 2nd, 2013 at 6:58 am

[…] the whole post: 1. florals shoot with max 2. bouganvilla shoot with julia 3. benefit cosmetics jazz singer with angela 4. airport at sunset […]

• 58. Happy Weekend | Lovestru.&hellip  |  August 19th, 2013 at 7:44 pm