05.09.12

NO WORK, ALL FUN

this was definitely my favorite photo from the trip. these hammocks were right outside of our hotel and they were calling our names the whole time.

i went to mexico with my boyfriend and my two friends emma & ryan. it ended up being such a perfect trip…and most of all it was easy! cabo is a short 2 hour flight from los angeles which is really nice.

i did a little post when i was there and told you about mama’s…i always ate there with my family as a kid so it was really special to be able to share this place with my friends as well. simple food, spicy salsa and fresh ingredients. we loved it so much, we ate there three days in a row.

another amazing food spot is maro’s shrimp house! they have local cuisine & some of the best shrimp & lobster i’ve ever had. all for 16 bucks. i can’t stop thinking about how delicious that meal was…

we went on a tequila tasting tour with grayline los cabos (we also went on a glass bottom boat ride!) and i spotted this little plant sitting against this ridiculously colorful pink wall.

the tour also took us to a bunch of the beautiful surfing beaches (my boyfriend loves to surf!) we also spent part of the day hunting for mexican blankets that we could bring home and hang in the windows of our new house. success photo here.

if you watch the video below, you will see it took me about 7 minutes to actually get situated in this hammock. all while looking like a total fool. it was pretty hilarious. (and how pretty are those color choices on the hammocks?!)

it’s hard to completely take off work because i really enjoy my job…but a balcony office was a pretty nice change.

we rented scooters for a few days and rode all around town. i was actually pretty scared to do it at first, but by the end of the trip i was loving it. i haven’t seen my guy that happy in a long while, so it was definitely worth getting over a little fear.

this month i decided i was going to take care of myself. worry a little less, take some more time to myself, and be more spontaneous. my life is really scheduled out and i tend to get really wrapped up in stress…so it was nice to just book these plane tickets randomly one day and let the rest work itself out. thank you hotels.com for the awesome room with a view & also to grayline los cabos for showing me around parts of cabo that i had never seen before! like i said, i spent years going to cabo with my family over the summer and it holds a great spot in my heart.

oh! and the video. emma and I shot some super 8 on our iphones (you can get the app here) and i put a little video together of all of our days there. and that boppy song? that’s all thanks to sharing an office with the best dj (the flashdance!) who always gets wonderful music stuck in our heads. this brenton wood song was played over and over on our trip…

thanks for following along on our trip! -bri

Stephanie says:

You never cease to amaze me! I not only downloaded the super 8 app, but I booked a trip to mexico. These posts convince me to do things I never thought I would do. Thanks for the creative nudge πŸ™‚

myseastory says:

amazing bri, you inspire with your creativity and positiveness every day – thank you for sharing!

Amanda Blair says:

well, now I want to go on vacation anymore. I love this video it really captures the essence of your vacation: sun, fun, good friends and a lot of laughter! Cheers!

Anna Z says:

Lovely, lovely pictures. As always. I really want to see Mexico now! So much color and pattern.

SO much fun! Looks like a wonderful getaway, and the video was a joy to watch. Love that song!

dee says:

awwww bri! i just loved that. mexico is such a great place. glad you were able to chill with good friends. πŸ˜‰

Pegah S says:

I want VACATION. very pretty, How do you find all these colorful places? at first i thought you doctor your images to have color walls and floors, but I am not so sure now, Do you?

Oh wow I love the colour in these photos! It looks like an amazing vacation!

Jennifer says:

Looks like such a fun trip! And I love your recap with all the photos! So many amazing colors!

Jamie says:

I LOVE YOUR VIDEO!

chrisi says:

yayayayay!!!! that video made me so happy, downloading the app now! taking a trip to italy this summer, definitely can be put to good use :] <3333

Lynette says:

So sweet! I love Mexico and loved your photos and film. Thanks for reminding me of this country’s charm. Oh and thanks for the Super 8 app tip — I had no idea!

Katie says:

Love the video. Now I’m dying to go on a vacation! I like your plan to take extra good care of yourself this month- we all need that sometimes, but I’m sure you do especially since you’re such a busy girl! Enjoy!

This video is so perfect, truly captures that carefree vacation with friends feeling. What a special trip!!!

Love the editing on this, gorgeous!

Pingback: EMMADIME
    lindsey says:

lovely! we just got back from the beach and i miss it so badly!! i have the 8mm app, but what program did you use to add in the music and create the video- it’s great πŸ™‚

halle says:

what a HAPPY post. really makes me want a vaca – thanks for sharing bri! πŸ™‚

victoria says:

awseome-sauce. and i love the video!!

Erin says:

ok, you’re really making me want to run away to Mexico right now!!

Downloading the app for my Hawaii trip next month. Thanks for the tip! Looks like a fab vacation πŸ™‚

seelvana says:

i went to mexico last year, Cozumel was amazing, i rided a moto too

Nice video!

sue says:

fabuloso! i love your videos, they’re always so happy & retro & hip… that looked like the best fun, but i’m thinking you could shoot a 5 min video of a trip to the dentist & it would still look amazing with that awesome soundtrack playing alongside!!! downloaded the app, thanks heaps for the tip!!! summer holiday here i come! πŸ˜‰

kelly says:

looks like an awesome trip. Love the video – especially the oogum boogum – love a little brenton wood. xo

such a fun trip!! love the video.

Violet says:

That video made me smile hard! I am obsessed with the colours that you found there. Making my long for a vacation pretty bad. Downloading the Super 8 app asap – thanks for sharing!
    xo

Mucica says:

give us more lovely music.
    please.
    this one in the video is perfect.
    πŸ™‚

Jodi Broglio says:

this video is SO adorable. love that it puts you right there. love seeing such happy smiling faces!

megan rogers says:

Bri! I stayed at that same hotel a few months ago & my boyfriend & I lounged in those same hammocks for hours! (& definitely struggled getting into them as well). Cabo is so lovely. Love to see the place again through your eyes.

So inspiring!! Hope you don’t mind that I shared your video as my inspiration to get creative with making great memories!

Piper says:

Absolutely adorable! Cabo is one of my favorite spots, but looks like there are a bunch of places I haven’t seen. Glad you got sue R&R.

Jess Lonett says:

that video is so ridiculously cute! definitely inspired me to document more of my life on video! i love that there’s no talking and it’s just set to music. beyond perfect and it captures the moment so wonderfully!

Stacey says:

I want to go to there. That is all πŸ™‚

Jo says:

Sometimes a break away from it all with colour, fun and bloody marys is all a girl needs! Bravo!

Danielle says:

You are adorable & inspiring, Bri. Thanks for sharing!

cianne says:

looks like you had a blast! so happy for you.. nothing like a sunny little vacation to decompress!

looks like a wonderful time! i really loved the colors from mexico!

gloria waters says:

that video was so awesome!

Irit says:

just lovely! everything.

obsessed with the textiles! I’m sure you scored a bunch…so jealous! hope it was a good one- the vid is ridiculously amazing…

Sally says:

these photos are beautiful and the video is fab…! seriously making me want to book a trip away. i’m downloading the app, and that song right away..!

Queen Mother says:

Love the pics, Bri. Makes me smile to see you happy and relaxed. : ) Love, Mom

Love it! Looks like so much fun. I’ve never been to Cabo even though I’ve lived in Southern California for pretty much my whole life. I’d love to get down there at some point! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your vacay πŸ˜‰

Katrina says:

What a holiday!! Looks like a wicked time.

missbrenna says:

Amazing. The hammock shot is my favourite!

Elizabeth says:

Thank you THANK YOU for that song. Oh Lordy I love it!

So cute Bri! Somehow my Mexico vacations have never been quite so colorful or picturesque. Thanks for sharing your trip and the video with us. πŸ™‚

stilettos says:

Love this! Thanks for sharing your rad adventure.

stilettos says:

Loved this! Daydreaming of a Mexico trip now…

Tanika Blair says:

looks like you had a ball, i love how you capture the memories, i hope all my photos and videos turn out as good as yours when i finally start my travelling adventure

a&b says:

I’m getting married in mexico in September and can’t wait! Now after seeing your photos i’m having a hard time concentrating on anything but MEXICO!

Courtney says:

beautiful photos bri.. the video was oh so spectacular!

Ami says:

I’m going to Cabo tmo morning…and this post has made me even more excited…great photos!