04.24.12

STYLE / 50

photos by angela + ithyle

floral top, bright pants. you’ve seen it before. but this look has been going through normal rotation over here. i mean look how amazing taylor t looks doing it.

when angela and i went out to shoot these she said the shirt looked kinda like something her grandma would wear. which made me laugh. and it’s true, those boxy patterned button ups aren’t the most flattering…but i just love them. this one kinda looks like a cheesy painting but somehow isn’t cheesy in shirt form. or maybe it is. maybe i’m cheesy.

anyways! here’s how you can achieve this grandma chic look yourself, ladies…

shop tops: yellow tank / silk top / corset
shop pants: purple / red / pink

• 1. nicole  |  April 24th, 2012 at 6:32 am

if this is grandma… bring it!!! i love the shape of the shirt paired with the skinny jeans, and the color… it’s perfect!!!!!!

• 2. Rebecca - A Daily Something  |  April 24th, 2012 at 6:44 am

Grandma-chic the look I default to most days. You wear it well. ;) Also, those heels are incredible. SOOO classy.

• 3. Abby  |  April 24th, 2012 at 7:20 am

I love this grandma look!! It’s so trendy and kitschy (in a great way), just like chunky sweaters!! So cute!

• 4. Molly Alone  |  April 24th, 2012 at 7:29 am

our grandmas had style though! flattering cuts, bright prints – whatever, girl.. you rock it!

• 5. Casey Lynn  |  April 24th, 2012 at 7:53 am

The shadow puppets are amazing! Love this!

• 6. Megan  |  April 24th, 2012 at 8:47 am

I absoutley love it. I love all the colors, and the shadow puppet is hilarious.

• 7. rachel!  |  April 24th, 2012 at 8:48 am

oh, do you think you could work some detailed shots in next time? i would love the details on your “grandma” shirt. ;)

but really, i think everything about this post is genius. your hair? those pants? yeah, girl!

• 8. adele  |  April 24th, 2012 at 8:57 am

Florals & coloured denim…bang on! I adore your Chanel pumps!
    Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo

• 9. Sarah  |  April 24th, 2012 at 10:49 am

I’m a sucker for florals and button downs! So this is totally calling my name! What a fantastic location to shoot. That wall is just amazing!

• 10. sue  |  April 24th, 2012 at 11:12 am

not diggin’ the grandma chic… sorry, i’m soooo with angela on this one! hehehe

• 11. bri  |  April 24th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

to each its own sue! ha

• 12. Megan Wells  |  April 24th, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Very cool pictures Bri…totally digging the pop of that shadow. Oh and cute clothes too of course!!

• 13. Hannah  |  April 24th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

love the first picture. so fun. I would so wear a grandma shirt!

• 14. xanthe  |  April 24th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Love the pink and blue combo! and your sunshine, wishing for some here x.

• 15. Berty Morales  |  April 24th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I love that top and the shoes are to die for.

• 16. Lauren  |  April 24th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Love the colors. Great, vintage shirt.

• 17. Amy  |  April 24th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

That’s the best floral + colored denim combo I’ve seen!

• 18. Julianne  |  April 24th, 2012 at 4:57 pm

your hair is so awesome! do you dye it yourself or have it done professionally? also, i am loving your pink pants. ;)

• 19. look see  |  April 24th, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Maybe cheesy, mostly awesome :)

• 20. Pastels « I f f l e&hellip  |  April 25th, 2012 at 1:09 am

[...] Pastels via designlovefest [...]

• 21. sue  |  April 25th, 2012 at 10:58 am

abso-freakin-lutely! couldn’t agree more… i must say though, there are som e pretty stunning paint colours going around your neck of the woods! this wall & the {stencilled?} street you photographed on the other day… beautiful backdrops! hugely jealous!

• 22. Hannah Millerick  |  May 14th, 2012 at 3:31 am

Love the photography! V inspirational!

• 23. MODCLOTH | D E S I G N L &hellip  |  September 5th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

[...] went straight for this patterned button up with a bright coral scalloped collar. i paired it with colored denim and didn’t need much else for the [...]

LOVE THIS SKIRT…