04.03.12

STYLE / 47

i am not really sure what made me cut bangs. i came back from europe, saw this picture and that day I made the chop. i have had the same hairstyle for 10 years it feels like. booooooring. i just needed a change. do you usually cut your hair impulsively as well?

they have actually been surprisingly easy to style too (i was so worried about this, considering i usually just roll out of bed and go)…a couple minutes hangin with the blow dryer and that’s it. it sure is nice to change your look up and you’d be surprised how differently clothes feel when you have a new hairstyle!

i love this new vintage blazer i found! i like to pair it with a patterned shirt underneath and jeans. i am not sure if you noticed, but i rarely wear blue denim jeans because they always stretch out and irritate me. but these madewell ones are a nice fit.

(photos by angela + ithyle)

i thought it would be fun to start doing “get the looks” (below) every now and then. let me know if you like seeing these on the blog!

shop: jacket / polka dot tank / nars orgasm blush & nars lipstick / turquoise ring / green flats / jeans

Bree says:

I LOVE the bangs! I am definitely an impulsive hair girl, going to brunette to blonde without warning is my favorite. I’m also enjoying the “Get that look!” Fun addition, thanks Bri!

Lottie says:

I am loving your jacket!

And your bangs make me want to cut in some of my own bangs–I just need to remember though that bangs do not suit me which makes me even more jealous of yours.

Abby says:

I love the bangs!! I am just like you, I had long hair for what seemed like an eternity, and I needed a change. I wanted to keep the length, so one day I just woke up and got bangs. They look great on you! I also really like the “get that look”!

Anon says:

LOVe get the look! love love

gabriela says:

Hi Bri,
    i love your new look! even with the bangs you’re still rockin that carefree, laid-back style that i love of yours. the color, pattern combo of the jacket, blouse is spot on…oh & JEANS!! i knew something looked different (other than the bangs)…very nice! What more can i say? Bri you are for sure one of my graphic design inspirations & i hope to one day have a successful career in design, much like yourself. keep up the amazing work!

Patti says:

love the get the look addition Bri! & those bangs they look amazing! I know when I got bangs it was such a major change in my look, it made me want to hide for a few days : ) hehe. green sling backs are adorable!

Anon says:

the link to the green shoes doesn’t work πŸ™ it leads you to the tank top

myseastory says:

love getting da looks! and the bangs look GOOD on you!

adele says:

Gorgeous jacket!
    Happy Tuesday hun xoxo

Love the “Get the Looks” concept, very cool.

Rachael B says:

Definitely a big fan of these “Get The Looks.” Even if I can’t afford it or want a different shade, I can get the name and find a similar version.

{plum} says:

I love you in bangs! What an instant, easy update.

Nearing 40 I’m forever in search of easy ways to cling to girly. Bangs add wit and whimsy and just the right dash of girliness.

cheers to you and your bangs.

best – d.

gia says:

I always love these types of posts on blogs. they are so helpful! Love the jeans and the bangs.

Ashlie says:

I recently cut chunky bangs too and love them! They make me feel just a little sassy πŸ™‚

I adore the “get the look” portion of this post! Especially since you wear a lot of vintage, this will help us achieve your looks a little easier!

Taylor Rae says:

That vintage blazer is beyond spectacular!!!

Ali says:

Love, love, love the new “Get the Look!” section. Keep it up!

Karen says:

Cool photos. The “dark” graffiti and art are beautiful.

amy says:

love the bangs & the extra blonde! cute cute cute!

Xenike says:

Thanks for all your inspiring Looks!
    Just ordered the lovely green shoes! Hope they fit me as well as they do to you ;))
    Greetings from Germany!
    Xenia

Maggie says:

Oh, I love the ‘get the look’ addition! I adore your style and am always looking for quirky additions to my own wardrobe! Keep ’em coming lady!

Carly says:

Yea Bri, lookin forward to more tricks to the look. Thanks!

Lindsey says:

Those green flats are so cute and what a deal! Bangs look great on you!

Sarah says:

Great outfit! I agree that jeans stretch out, but I seriously wear them everyday! I practically live in my blue denim! Thanks for the “get the look” section; it’s a great addition to the already fabulously inspiring outfit posts!

erin says:

your bangs look great with your long hair! love it! and love the get the look feature πŸ™‚

Anna says:

I love the “get the look” addition. You have such fun style!

I think the bangs look fabulous on you, your hair is perfect for the easy going “run out the door” messy bangs, too. Love it girl:) xoxo

kristina says:

love your new bangs, i’ve come real close to doing the same and i love your “get the look” idea πŸ˜‰
    xx

Tiffany says:

Cute look! The “get the looks” are a great addition for sure.

Molly Marler says:

Bangin’ bangs, B. (sorry. had to. πŸ™‚ xo

sarah k. says:

I love your bangs! I can’t decide if I want some or not, but it’s been on my mind a lot lately (I clearly only think about important things). How did you decide to take the leap?

Meredith says:

Love the hair AND the ring you’re wearing in the shoot. Could you tell me where you got that one from? I would love to get it, too!

xx

jenny says:

You’re so adorable. I just added that tank top to my birthday wishlist! Love that little pink flair!

jenny

love those green topshop flats, might need to get myself a pair!
    x kat

I love the look of bangs… and they look bangin’ on you! πŸ˜‰

I quite enjoy the “get that look” section. It’s always fun to see where others shop and find their adorable items.

Your lipstick color is something to live for!

nicola lynde says:

I have been super tempted to cut bangs lately too. I also have super long semi wavy hair, and have for what seems like a lifetime. Also all of this started with a ‘pin’ too. Perhaps I should take the plunge. Yours look lovely.

Pink Ronnie says:

I love bangs too, and you look so chic in them.
    Ronnie xo

Katie says:

LOVE get the looks! More please πŸ˜€

kelsie rae says:

i love it! and love your new hair!

Brittany says:

I’m totally impulsive when it comes to my hair. I make up my mind and then it bugs me until I can get to my hair girl. The only problem is that my hair girl is in Vegas and I live in LA, so most of the time I have to wait a week or 2 until I can get back to my lovely home town to get it done, drives me nuts! I love mixing things up with my hair, especially putting in fun colors.

Burkha says:

Oh Bri… You look so lovely in bangs! This is definitely your look. ItΒ΄s like innocent with a pinch of naughty.
    I also find the new section very interesting. itΒ΄s thumbs up for everything in this post! πŸ˜‰
    Besos!

I have been REALLY thinking about cutting bangs as well. I almost cut them myself the other day. Then my husband said NO! I guess I need to make an appointment.

You look great!!!

Becky! says:

Girl, you make me want to get bangs. I bet that’s what half these comments say. But seriously.

I think they look very cute! My hair is similar to yours and I’ve always wanted to try bangs…had the same hairstyle my whole life. I think I may just do it one day soon!

Keren says:

The bangs are perfect – part sophistication, part scraggly rocker chic. They suit you well and match your killer style. I cut bangs on a whim about once a year, like you, on impulse. Maybe tomorrow is MY day?

Queen Mother says:

I.LOVE.THE.BANGS! : ) love, madre

Looks great! I cut, dye and style my hair impulsively all the time. Sometimes backfires but there ya go!

Cute! Love the polka dot top with your satin vintage jacket.

Dana says:

Hi Bri,

your site is soooo beautiful!
    i have one little question. how do you do the typography on your photos? is it a special font or do you write it with you digital pen?

its a great look. the website and your look. :o)

vicki says:

Love the bangs! A full moon usually brings on the impulse to get my hair cut.

Scout says:

I love the idea of Get That Look!

Kim says:

Yes, yes, yes… your “get the look” is wonderful!

Katie says:

your bangs are bangin!! You’re blog is the best Bri, thanks for the daily inspiration! Hope to meet you at Blogshop someday!

Jannet says:

You are so beautiful and cool…Love your hair, how do you do it? Is it naturally ”wavy”?