04.02.12

LONDON LOVES

first of all, all the cab drivers in london are like sweet grandpas that make you feel real welcome. i had about 8 cab rides and each one was more lovely than the last. in this cab ride we were headed to Liberty! a GIANT store filled with gifts, furniture, stationary, prints…you could seriously get lost in there. in a good way.

liberty had a full room of cards (it was cool to see rifle paper co. over in london!) and I wanted to bring one of those neon signs with me so badly!

walking along columbia road was one of my favorite parts of london. sensory overload. and how cool that you get those striped bags when you buy something at most stores?

interesting wall decals & fonts found over at supernice!

lots of store window love!!

you better believe there was a lot of wine cheese bread stops for us. and how about that little change dish? i definitely feel inclined to leave a tip in that.

one of my favorite things to do when I travel abroad is to stop in the magazine stores. i always leave incredibly inspired.

and food peeps, we ate at pizza east and had the most delicious feast! go there! super hip place.

LONDON, WE SHALL MEET AGAIN! -bri

(photos by jen gotch, who was sent over the sea with me by mailchimp}

Abby says:

Looks like so much fun!! I’ve never been to London, I’ve only been in Cenral Europe, but I’m dying to go, especially after your posts about it! Isn’t it lovely in Europe?

victoria says:

weeee! so much fun. i booked a ticket there today for july and can’t wait to go back. did yo know the cabbies there have to have extensive training before getting their own cabs? they are sooooo lovely. 🙂

Reptilia says:

I was in London 2 weeks ago and was in some of these places! What a beautiful city!
    Amazing Photos

xx

Anna says:

You’re my endless inspiration !

anne says:

I REALLY want one of those neon signs! And there they are, all in one space!

Pingback: ban.do blog

Those wall decals are amazing!!! How did you not buy up all the coolest fonts? I would have been seriously tempted.

Lauren says:

These detailed photos are amazing, as a graphic designer student i love to grab inspiration from my surroundings. hopefully i can visit london one day, looks amazing. absolutely love you and your style, you inspire me and hopefully one day i can run into you. <3

Sarah says:

The font wall. Genius! I need that in my house!

I’m so glad i’m not the only one that takes pictures of liberty! So much so that i got a stern, British warning about not taking any more!

Alexis says:

This looks like a wonderful trip! You saw so many cool things. I have to agree, I love the cab drivers in London. When I went, it was the first time I had ever taken a cab (small town girl that I am) and the man was so nice!

Amanda says:

Looks like a ton of design inspiration! Would love to visit all those same places.

Liberty is my favourite shop. I love it there.

Glad that you loved London!

Michelle says:

Love London! I was away for two months and missed it so much even smiled when I climbed onto the busy tube.

adele says:

Sooo glad you loved London Bri! It’s such a fab city (not that I’m biased!!!)
    Happy Tuesday hun xoxo

Amy says:

I live just 1hrs train ride from central London, and I hardly ever go – sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes to remind you of the great stuff on your doorstep! Thanks for the inspiring post.

trina says:

Gosh, I don’t even know where to comment today…so much good stuff. So I choose London since it is my FAVE! Such great pictures. I’m always so inspired by all of the color there! Thanks for letting us take a peek in on your trip!
    xo . trina

Lottie says:

I love Libertys it has to be my favourite shop in London, so unique, love all the details.

xanthe says:

Lovely story, love seeing your view of London. Hurry hurry back here… x.

Andrea says:

How do you get those great shots with such narrow depth of field?

charlotte says:

Where’s the magazine shop you went to in london? x

Jessie says:

Love this! I’m just planning my first trip to Europe & London of definitely on my list! Do you have any tips on areas to stay? My sister & I are traveling together & it’s hard to work out where to stay!