04.02.12

LONDON LOVES

first of all, all the cab drivers in london are like sweet grandpas that make you feel real welcome. i had about 8 cab rides and each one was more lovely than the last. in this cab ride we were headed to Liberty! a GIANT store filled with gifts, furniture, stationary, prints…you could seriously get lost in there. in a good way.

liberty had a full room of cards (it was cool to see rifle paper co. over in london!) and I wanted to bring one of those neon signs with me so badly!

walking along columbia road was one of my favorite parts of london. sensory overload. and how cool that you get those striped bags when you buy something at most stores?

interesting wall decals & fonts found over at supernice!

lots of store window love!!

you better believe there was a lot of wine cheese bread stops for us. and how about that little change dish? i definitely feel inclined to leave a tip in that.

one of my favorite things to do when I travel abroad is to stop in the magazine stores. i always leave incredibly inspired.

and food peeps, we ate at pizza east and had the most delicious feast! go there! super hip place.

LONDON, WE SHALL MEET AGAIN! -bri

(photos by jen gotch, who was sent over the sea with me by mailchimp}

• 1. Abby  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Looks like so much fun!! I’ve never been to London, I’ve only been in Cenral Europe, but I’m dying to go, especially after your posts about it! Isn’t it lovely in Europe?

• 2. victoria  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 2:38 pm

weeee! so much fun. i booked a ticket there today for july and can’t wait to go back. did yo know the cabbies there have to have extensive training before getting their own cabs? they are sooooo lovely. :)

• 3. Reptilia  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I was in London 2 weeks ago and was in some of these places! What a beautiful city!
    Amazing Photos

xx

• 4. Anna  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 3:31 pm

You’re my endless inspiration !

• 5. anne  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I REALLY want one of those neon signs! And there they are, all in one space!

• 6. ban.do blog&hellip  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 4:29 pm

gettin’ our craft on…

gettin’ our craft on…

• 7. Hilary Inspired  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Those wall decals are amazing!!! How did you not buy up all the coolest fonts? I would have been seriously tempted.

• 8. Lauren  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 5:03 pm

These detailed photos are amazing, as a graphic designer student i love to grab inspiration from my surroundings. hopefully i can visit london one day, looks amazing. absolutely love you and your style, you inspire me and hopefully one day i can run into you. <3

• 9. Sarah  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 5:13 pm

The font wall. Genius! I need that in my house!

• 10. The New Diplomat's Wife  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I’m so glad i’m not the only one that takes pictures of liberty! So much so that i got a stern, British warning about not taking any more!

• 11. Alexis  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 5:43 pm

This looks like a wonderful trip! You saw so many cool things. I have to agree, I love the cab drivers in London. When I went, it was the first time I had ever taken a cab (small town girl that I am) and the man was so nice!

• 12. Amanda  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Looks like a ton of design inspiration! Would love to visit all those same places.

• 13. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark!  |  April 3rd, 2012 at 12:00 am

Liberty is my favourite shop. I love it there.

Glad that you loved London!

• 14. Michelle  |  April 3rd, 2012 at 12:14 am

Love London! I was away for two months and missed it so much even smiled when I climbed onto the busy tube.

• 15. adele  |  April 3rd, 2012 at 12:43 am

Sooo glad you loved London Bri! It’s such a fab city (not that I’m biased!!!)
    Happy Tuesday hun xoxo

• 16. Amy  |  April 3rd, 2012 at 12:49 am

I live just 1hrs train ride from central London, and I hardly ever go – sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes to remind you of the great stuff on your doorstep! Thanks for the inspiring post.

• 17. trina  |  April 3rd, 2012 at 6:26 am

Gosh, I don’t even know where to comment today…so much good stuff. So I choose London since it is my FAVE! Such great pictures. I’m always so inspired by all of the color there! Thanks for letting us take a peek in on your trip!
    xo . trina

• 18. Lottie  |  April 3rd, 2012 at 8:45 am

I love Libertys it has to be my favourite shop in London, so unique, love all the details.

• 19. xanthe  |  April 6th, 2012 at 11:27 am

Lovely story, love seeing your view of London. Hurry hurry back here… x.

• 20. Andrea  |  April 8th, 2012 at 7:47 am

How do you get those great shots with such narrow depth of field?

• 21. charlotte  |  April 11th, 2012 at 8:03 am

Where’s the magazine shop you went to in london? x

• 22. HIGHLIGHT REEL | D E S I &hellip  |  December 21st, 2012 at 10:47 am

[…] POSTS: PARIS  |  LONDON  | […]

• 23. HIGHLIGHT REEL | bloglov.&hellip  |  December 27th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

[…] POSTS: PARIS  |  LONDON  | […]

• 24. Jessie  |  March 15th, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Love this! I’m just planning my first trip to Europe & London of definitely on my list! Do you have any tips on areas to stay? My sister & I are traveling together & it’s hard to work out where to stay!

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg