FOOD / 21
hello and welcome. please come in, take a seat and allow me to blow your freakin’ mind. i’m gonna make your spring and summer a much nicer place with this little gem of a cocktail. bri and i found ourselves sipping on something really similar this past weekend and i immediately exclaimed, “i gotta make this for my food post.” she agreed, as did my husband…and if he can get on board with it, well then, i know you will!
what you’ll need:
• 1 ruby red grapefruit
• 1/4 cup of sweetened lime juice. (pssst…if you like your drinks super sweet, bump it up to half a cup)
• 3 oz tequila
• club soda
• handful of key limes (but limes will do, if you can’t find these little cuties)
• margarita salt – moving forward it will be known as marguerite salt
what to do:
• juice the grapefruit into a cocktail shaker (you should end up with about half a cup)
• add the sweetened lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice and shake it!
• in the meantime, cut the limes into wedges and run one of the wedges over the rim of two glasses
• coat the glasses in marguerite salt
• fill each glass with ice and divide the liquid between the two glasses
• top off both glasses with club soda. stir, then a squeeze and plunk of a lime in each.
*that’s it! you’re done. so easy, so delicious. would love to sit and chat, but i’m off to make one for myself. how early is too early to drink this?