04.19.12

FOOD / 21

hello and welcome. please come in, take a seat and allow me to blow your freakin’ mind. i’m gonna make your spring and summer a much nicer place with this little gem of a cocktail. bri and i found ourselves sipping on something really similar this past weekend and i immediately exclaimed, “i gotta make this for my food post.” she agreed, as did my husband…and if he can get on board with it, well then, i know you will!

what you’ll need:
• 1 ruby red grapefruit
• 1/4 cup of sweetened lime juice.  (pssst…if you like your drinks super sweet, bump it up to half a cup)
• 3 oz tequila
• club soda
• handful of key limes (but limes will do, if you can’t find these little cuties)
• margarita salt  – moving forward it will be known as marguerite salt

what to do:
• juice the grapefruit into a cocktail shaker (you should end up with about half a cup)
• add the sweetened lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice and shake it!
• in the meantime, cut the limes into wedges and run one of the wedges over the rim of two glasses
• coat the glasses in marguerite salt

then
• fill each glass with ice and divide the liquid between the two glasses
• top off both glasses with club soda. stir, then a squeeze and plunk of a lime in each.

*that’s it! you’re done. so easy, so delicious. would love to sit and chat, but i’m off to make one for myself. how early is too early to drink this?

{ column + photos by jen gotch, design by designlovefest – want more recipes? go here! }

Oh goodness. This sounds like heaven in a glass. Can’t wait to make it!

amy says:

i’m on board with anything that’s got tequila in it. def making myself one of these this weekend! or maybe tonight. 😉

nichole says:

OMG. I have the ingredients to make this now. How am I going to wait until a reasonable cocktail hour? 😉

adele says:

Cocktail time…my favourite time of day!!
    Adore grapefruit in cocktails…this looks fab!
    Happy Thursday hun xoxo

Sarah says:

Yum! I love grapefruit, so this looks totally delicious!

esther says:

Where oh where did you get those adorable glasses?!

Kasia says:

Ooh I love those glasses, where are they from?

amy says:

I also have to know where those glasses came from. They’re great.

Anita says:

I have everything BUT the grapefruit. I can’t wait to try it!

Ana says:

Love these photographs—beautiful work, Jen! Now that it’s getting hotter in Austin we’ve been drinking Palomas and El Pepinos like nobody’s business. This looks delightful.

jen says:

hi gals. the glasses were a SCORE at the long beach swap meet several years ago. they’re real winners!

Marie says:

Yum! A mini-vacation in a glass! 🙂

Looks yummy! How did you get the name? Happens to be my middle name actually!

Yasmin says:

That looks yummy and refreshing, and i love the typeface you used! Anyone know what typeface it is? I love the swirlies in the M & the T! 🙂

Stacey says:

cute glassses!
    where are they from?

jen says:

sounds amazing! consider my mind blown. beautiful photos too, Jen!

Pingback: weekend sparkles |

Then, you won’t loose any money yyou have to find that a remark is worthy of
    your operation. Avoid anything that you abc
    know or have a positive or negative balance.
    Explain that you can compare previous periods of work quoting examples and experiences.

Pingback: gc180xt Review
    here says:

Appreciating the dedication you put into your website and detailed
    information you provide. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed material.
    Excellent read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your
    RSS feeds to my Google account.

Class 12 versions of both GPRS & EDGE provide the handset with its primary means of connecting to cellular networks and also the Internet in areas with little
    or no 3G coverage. This particular mobile
    phone is available in full-touch form. These
    allow convenient methods of handsfree communication on the move.

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long
    as I provide credit and sources back to your website?
    My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from some of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this okay with you. Many thanks!

What’s up, every time i used to check website posts here in the early hours in the daylight, for the
    reason that i love to gain knowledge of more and more.

Samsung galaxy s agreement bargains is regarded as the finest 1
    simply because numerous freebies and incentives which consists of Tv, laptop computer, play station,
    home appliances and so forth and free chat time, totally
    free text etc. Most people these days prefer a phone that is
    a perfect combination of good looks and impressive features.
    For example, if you are a lifeguard or work at
    a car wash and own a Samsung Galaxy S advance phone,
    then you will need a phone case that is waterproof.

Pingback: Luma Repair Review

Thanks for every other magnificent article. The place else may anybody get that kind
    of information in such an ideal method of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week,
    and I am at the search for such info.

It’s awesome to pay a visit this web page and reading the views of all friends
    concerning this paragraph, while I am also
    zealous of getting experience.

Excellent way of telling, and pleasant paragraph tto take data regarding my presentation subject, which i am going to deliver in institution of higher education.

Look nto my webpage ::make website (tuckerstechtips.wordpress.com)

It’s an remarkable article for all the online users; they will get benefit
    from it I am sure.

Sherri says:

Epicure tastes say, thank you for the cordial
    reception, get-well soon, happy birthday, happy holidays and more, with
    discerning flavors of fine foods. However, die hard fans
    of Hulu, both American expats abroad and non-Americans looking for quality American TV that Hulu streams on the Internet are now using
    a Hulu VPN to watch Hulu outside of the USA. According to
    the legend, this festival of light is celebrated in honour of the return of lord Rama to Ayodhya after 14 years of exile.