03.14.12

PARIS / PART 1

here are some of my favorite things from our short 2 day trip to paris. it was really fun to go to paris a few months ago with my boyfriend, but a whole new and exciting experience to go with a best friend.

they don’t really wear bright colors that often in paris. but we sure did.

we loved cafe charlot so much that we had breakfast there both days. hey, we like routine. how amazing is that subway tile? such charm.

the bright green and florals outside of all of the white buildings was fantastic. they added so much life and personality to the windows. paris has such a cool factor when it comes to placing items. everything is so imperfectly perfect.

there are great little bars in the alleys of paris. so much off the beaten path goodness with wonderful eclectic decor.

{photos by jen gotch, who was sent over the sea with me by mailchimp}

• 1. Jillian  |  March 14th, 2012 at 10:13 am

Beautiful photos!

Would love to do some travelling :)

Jillian

• 2. Amanda Blair  |  March 14th, 2012 at 10:23 am

Beautiful! I want to go to Paris so, so, so bad. I really want to check out the spot that has you drink wine from baby bottles because how weird/cool. I think Paris is the only city that can rival NY for coolness factor.

• 3. Ali  |  March 14th, 2012 at 10:24 am

This looks fabulous, Bri! You sure know how to travel in style.

• 4. Sarah  |  March 14th, 2012 at 10:29 am

I’m longing to go to Paris even more now that I’ve seen all your adventures! So beautiful! Looks like you had a wonderful and inspirational trip!

• 5. Raven  |  March 14th, 2012 at 10:31 am

I’ve never been to Paris, but I’ve always seen such beautiful pictures of it. I appreciate the bright, saturated colors you’re wearing – I think it gives the photos a nice amount of pop. Looking forward to reading more!

• 6. la domestique  |  March 14th, 2012 at 10:33 am

Love this! Thanks for sharing it!

• 7. Shauna  |  March 14th, 2012 at 10:49 am

These are just so dreamy… absolutely love!

• 8. Jenna B  |  March 14th, 2012 at 11:12 am

This looks so fun! I’m going to Paris for the first time with the boy in a few weeks.

Do you have any specific neighbourhoods that are really fun for exploring? We’ve only got three days so we want to make sure we get as much out of it as possible!

• 9. Abby  |  March 14th, 2012 at 11:35 am

So fun! it looks so inspirational!

• 10. Sarah  |  March 14th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Beautiful shots! I’m shopping for a new camera and would love to know what Jen is using?!

• 11. Ashley  |  March 14th, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Great shots, looks like lots of fun little places to visit!

• 12. Supal {chevrons and éclairs}  |  March 14th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Seriously love every shot! I am moving to Europe in the fall and hope to make it to paris a bunch of times!

• 13. xanthe  |  March 14th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Delightful story so far with fabulous photos x.

• 14. tracy  |  March 14th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

that picture of you in front of the blue building is SOOOOOOO precious! You make me wanna go back to Paris STAT.

• 15. Katie  |  March 14th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Did you plan to have your tights match that building? Too cute! I love how pretty the buildings are!

• 16. Sara  |  March 14th, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Please dish on the eclectic bars.. I’m going to Paris next week!

• 17. The Teacher  |  March 14th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I admire the work and style detail that the owners of the buildings put into the outside of the buildings . . . the color, the flowers, and overall appeal. I cannot wait to visit Paris.

• 18. Emily Reinhardt  |  March 14th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Paris is SO magical!!!

• 19. Pink Ronnie  |  March 15th, 2012 at 3:53 am

So awesome. Can’t wait to see more. Sounds like you two had such a great time.
    I agree – those plants outside the buildings are just beautiful. Makes me miss my balcony from our first two homes!
    Ronnie xo

• 20. Cendrillon  |  March 15th, 2012 at 4:47 am

Marais all the way. Therein lies the true Paris <3

• 21. seelvana  |  March 15th, 2012 at 5:55 am

*sigh*
    *sigh*
    *sigh*

• 22. Rachael B  |  March 15th, 2012 at 6:04 am

I love the photo of the leg coming from the wall. The little photo of the men below it makes it all the more scandalous. Four more months and I’ll see Paris with my own eyes!!!!

• 23. Lottie Really Loves  |  March 15th, 2012 at 6:25 am

Love the notes in the last photo–why am I not in Paris now?

• 24. Paris through the eyes of&hellip  |  March 15th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

[...] Paris through the eyes of Desing Love Fest  [...]

• 25. Paris through the eyes of&hellip  |  March 15th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

[...] Paris through the eyes of Desing Love Fest  [...]

• 26. jen  |  March 15th, 2012 at 6:42 pm

hi guys. so glad you like the photos. bri and i had an AMAZING time on our trip. sarah, to answer your question, these were all taken with my iphone using instagram.

• 27. Kayla  |  March 16th, 2012 at 4:08 am

Each photo is lovely. I fell in love with Paris, so much to see and do. Everything is so beautiful there too!

xo
    Kayla

• 28. eat my shorts  |  March 16th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I love your photos! I wonder when I’ll ever get back to Paris?!

• 29. PARIS CRASHERS | D E S I &hellip  |  March 26th, 2012 at 12:13 am

[...] definitely one of my favorite places to be when i’m in paris. there’s so many places to walk, shop and eat in that district, it’s crazy. the hotel gabriel was really close to the metro [...]

• 30. Dreaming of Paris - hipho&hellip  |  February 8th, 2013 at 1:37 am

[...] been fun to revisit some of my favourite bloggers’ trips to Paris, including Bri’s trip last year, Nubby’s just a couple of weeks ago and the Paris section of Oh Happy [...]

• 31. JUST ME AND YOU | D E S I&hellip  |  March 15th, 2013 at 6:47 am

[...] london and he’s coming from LA, we are meeting at our apartment, and then goin straight to cafe charlot for [...]

FUN PILLOWS…