03.08.12

FOOD / 17

hello from paris!

my friend emma (and a bunch of twitter recs) have been telling us to go to Le Refuge des Fondues while we are visiting paris. you eat tons of cheese and drink wine from baby bottles (crazy, right?). the place is really small so they have you climb over the tables (like step ON the tables) to get to your seat. but they hold your hand and act like it’s no big thang. we had an absolute blast.

here are some little memories from the night…

our two day paris trip is shaping up to be beyond special. there is sunshine, carbs and laughter. back to london in the morning! -bri

{ photos by jen gotch, who was sent over the sea with me by mailchimp! }

• 1. Anni  |  March 8th, 2012 at 9:59 am

Paris looks like a blast! Je suis jelly! Enjoy London.

• 2. amy  |  March 8th, 2012 at 10:01 am

ah, that looks so fun! glad you are having a fun vacation – you sure do deserve it! :)

• 3. Tish Tosh  |  March 8th, 2012 at 10:02 am

waaaa….baby bottles, eh? I think I’d need to meet the owner of that place. That’s some straight up Alice and Wonderland cooky goodness right there!

• 4. Sophie  |  March 8th, 2012 at 10:03 am

takes me back to one of my favorite nights while abroad in Paris. Have fun!

• 5. trina  |  March 8th, 2012 at 10:03 am

That sounds crazy interesting + fun.
    xo . trina

• 6. Sara  |  March 8th, 2012 at 10:25 am

Paris is on my bucket list of places to visit and now along with restaurant… I particularly enjoy the yellow and pink ensemble!

• 7. Lottie  |  March 8th, 2012 at 10:26 am

Looks like such a cool place–drinking out of baby bottles amazeballs!

• 8. karen d  |  March 8th, 2012 at 10:28 am

Can’t go wrong with a little cheese n wine combo

Looks like a blast!

kareindie.blogspot.com

• 9. joy  |  March 8th, 2012 at 10:41 am

so fun! miss you two!

• 10. sharon  |  March 8th, 2012 at 11:09 am

love the sound of this…sounds like the kind of place you would only find in paris – stepping over the tables to reach yours sounds mad, but kinda fun
    xx

• 11. susan  |  March 8th, 2012 at 11:48 am

j-e-a-l-o-u-s … have a blast Bri ;-)
    yes, you sure do deserve it

• 12. Sarah  |  March 8th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Fun, fun, fun! It looks delicious and quirky! My kind of restaurant! I will definitely try it if I ever go to Paris.

• 13. Katie  |  March 8th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

That place sounds delightful! Cheese fondu is probably my favorite thing to eat in the whole wide world. Not counting chocolate of course.

• 14. eva burns  |  March 8th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Standing on the tables before you’re even drinking?!?! Love it!

• 15. bougiehippie  |  March 8th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

This was uber adorable!

• 16. Becky  |  March 8th, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Is that a lip ring? And by lip ring, I mean a ring with lips on it??!

• 17. CherryPop  |  March 8th, 2012 at 4:51 pm

YAY! YOU WENT!!!!
    I can’t wait to hear about how much you loved it.

• 18. Marta Spendowska  |  March 8th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

So much fun!

• 19. The New Diplomats Wife  |  March 9th, 2012 at 3:49 am

this place was definitely a haunt during my studies in paris – we took all of our visitors, not that we didn’t enjoy it ourselves. a bit of a rite of passage. in fact, there might still be a letter tacked up somewhere that i wrote after an evening of decidedly less than diplomatic behavior on my part. when i went back once, they then read my mea culpa aloud to the entire restaurant.

• 20. plumbing supplies  |  March 9th, 2012 at 5:27 am

This is so interesting. Paris is a very beautiful place, it is a lovely, peaceful and wonderful place. Here you can find, love and creations.

• 21. mvg  |  March 9th, 2012 at 10:23 am

If you’re still in Paris go to the restaurant “derriere”, you’ll love it!
    Ciao!
    Molly

• 22. Link Bytes 3.9.12 | SRSLY&hellip  |  March 9th, 2012 at 11:43 am

[...] Bri's account of this quirky Parisian restaurant makes me want to visit so badly {they make you drink wine out of baby [...]

• 23. Jamie  |  March 9th, 2012 at 12:28 pm

this looks like such fun!

• 24. MAKE IT / 25 | D E S I G &hellip  |  November 26th, 2012 at 9:55 am

[...] burgundy” drink in london or this rooftop bar in new york? there was the drake in toronto, the wine baby bottles in paris and the spicy drinks at east side showroom in [...]

• 25. BARCELONA TIPS? | D E S I&hellip  |  January 26th, 2013 at 6:24 pm

[...] teaching in london and then i will be meeting arian in paris where we will probably eat cheese and drink wine from baby bottles again…and then to spain for a week. (it’s been so long since it’s been just the two of [...]

• 26. OUR TRIP TO PARIS | D E S&hellip  |  August 1st, 2013 at 9:44 am

[...] evening to one of my favorite restaurants in paris, le refuge des fondues in montmartre (remember this post?) where the wine is served in baby bottles and you eat endless amounts of cheese. we met angela [...]

• 27. best caterer Toronto  |  October 2nd, 2014 at 4:39 am

Hi there! Your article rocks too as getting a respectable
    amazing recognize!??