03.28.12

ANTHROPOLOGIE EVENT!

i was thrilled when the americana at brand asked jen and I to throw a DIY event at anthopologie this month. i’ve been a big fan of that store ever since I was a kid. one thing i always admired the most was the visual presentations that store puts together. so much effort goes into the merchandising, and I totally appreciate that. (right?!)

to be able to go craft wild and fill all of those anthropologie bowls with glitter, balloons, stickers, clips…(everything a crafter can imagine, really) well, that was pretty amazing. and we had an awesome turnout! so many people came and made inspiration strings with us (i definitely teared up when a few girls said they had driven from mexico that day to come!)

it was also really special to be able to talk with DLF readers face to face. so many times it feels like i am hidden behind this blog, so it’s cool to connect like that. and to be making such a fun craft while doing so. i wish i could show you what everyone made, i was so impressed!

and thanks to my dear friends kelly, emily, joy, audrey, bonnie, emma & elizabeth for coming out! that meant a lot to us!

some friends sent us these rad postcards for people to use – they are starting a company called the weaver house and i am in love with it already! (you have to watch that video!) and ann shen’s postcards are gorgeous too!!

knot & bow – you sure know how to send the ultimate packages of love. silver twine, heart stickers, metallic doilies…OH! and big thanks to angela+ithyle for making those adorable gold animals (no one could resist them!)

we really had the best time, and can’t wait to do it all again someday. I put all of your instagram photos & more of bonnie’s beautiful photos all in a facebook album over here. if you have any from the event, we would love to add to it, send em our way!

(thank you so much for capturing the event, bonnie. love your photos!)

• 1. Jasmine  |  March 28th, 2012 at 11:14 pm

oh, looks like fun!

• 2. adele  |  March 29th, 2012 at 12:27 am

This looks such a great event Bri!
    Have a fab Thursday hun xoxo

• 3. Pink Ronnie  |  March 29th, 2012 at 4:27 am

Looks like such fun – wish we had similar events here in Sydney.
    Ronnie xo

• 4. Pegah S  |  March 29th, 2012 at 5:29 am

Anthropology has one of the most beautiful window displays. and when you go inside their store you can not feel anything but happy. I heard that each store has its on designer that does the decor. and their look does not all come from their corporate office, is that true?

• 5. Scout  |  March 29th, 2012 at 5:31 am

Your bangs! They’re so cute! Also, doing an event for Anthropology sounds amazing! :)

• 6. Scout  |  March 29th, 2012 at 5:31 am

I mean Anthropologie!

• 7. Alison @ Twin Stripe  |  March 29th, 2012 at 6:36 am

I absolutely love this idea. I can’t wait to make one for a friend. She’s starting a year of traveling and moving around and this would be the perfect portable home decor and a great way to display memories from home.

• 8. Abby  |  March 29th, 2012 at 7:13 am

It looks like such a fun time! You look great! I’m definitely going to try and make a few of these to spice up my bare white walls.

• 9. Jaycess  |  March 29th, 2012 at 7:23 am

Your bangs look so cute!

• 10. sara  |  March 29th, 2012 at 7:45 am

how stinking cute are those kids?! love.

• 11. stephanie  |  March 29th, 2012 at 7:45 am

oh wowowow how pretty! I am definitely a big fan of Anthropologie. I feel like Alice in Wonderland when I go out there!

• 12. Sarah // Hemenway Street  |  March 29th, 2012 at 8:34 am

It looks like it was such a fun event! I love Anthropologie. The stores are so beautiful and well crafted. Your bangs look great! :)

• 13. Drew Humphries  |  March 29th, 2012 at 8:52 am

What a super fun event and project!
    All of that glitter makes me happy!

• 14. Elisse  |  March 29th, 2012 at 9:39 am

What a sweet event. And I’m loving your new bangs!

• 15. Tiffany  |  March 29th, 2012 at 9:49 am

So glad I went, it was a blast! It was also very nice to meet Bri, Jen & Joy. Such talented ladies that I’ve been admiring from a far for so long! I just made a collage of the pics I took and can’t wait to post them soon. Looking forward to the other events. The blogger series idea is genius!

• 16. kristina  |  March 29th, 2012 at 10:14 am

bri + anthropologie = the perfect creative combo!!
    xoxo
    ;)

• 17. Lindsey  |  March 29th, 2012 at 10:33 am

This looks awesome! I love Anthropologie… looks like you all had a blast. :)

• 18. Tish Tosh  |  March 29th, 2012 at 10:33 am

I’m really loving the gal with the black and white blazer’s look…GET IN MY CLOSET!

• 19. bri  |  March 29th, 2012 at 10:36 am

yes! that’s kelly. she’s got wicked style

• 20. Carolina  |  March 29th, 2012 at 10:43 am

:) what a fun day!
    i just sent you some pictures i took at the event

• 21. Elizabeth  |  March 29th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

We had such a fun time. I even bought the lovely caramelo necklace Jen is wearing. I love my inspiration banner.

Thanks Bri & Jen for being super cute and mega rad!!

Sending photos now :)

• 22. Sarah  |  March 29th, 2012 at 12:29 pm

So much fun! I can’t wait to make my own! You’re bangs are gorgeous, by the way.

• 23. Andrea  |  March 29th, 2012 at 12:37 pm

That was a really fun night!

• 24. Felicia  |  March 29th, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Looks so fun! Wish this would happen at the Fashion Valley store.

• 25. maribeth  |  March 29th, 2012 at 2:14 pm

this could be the dumbest question ever, but where is all that beautiful tape from!? i definitely want my hands on summa that!

• 26. nicole b.  |  March 29th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Well, hello, bangs! Too cute. xo.

• 27. bri  |  March 29th, 2012 at 4:19 pm

thanks for the bangs love, you guys! it feels great to switch it up.

• 28. The Weaver House  |  March 29th, 2012 at 4:50 pm

So glad to see photos of all the fun- felt like we were there! Thanks again for the postcard love, Bri. =) We posted about them and the shop here:

• 29. Ali  |  March 29th, 2012 at 10:06 pm

i’m still finding glitter around my house… i might have used a little too much on my inspiration string (is that even possible?!)

• 30. Post No.690 Recent Tweets&hellip  |  March 30th, 2012 at 10:22 am

[...] I made this at Bri and Jen’s event [...]

• 31. Anonymous  |  March 30th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

bri, where did you get that blue and white dress?

• 32. eat my shorts  |  March 31st, 2012 at 1:55 am

I wish I could have been there!

• 33. Inspiration String : Litt&hellip  |  April 1st, 2012 at 12:36 pm

[...] reading about Bri and Jen’s Anthropologie craft up I felt inspired to have a go at making my own inspiration string. I’ve never really been one [...]

• 34. anne  |  April 1st, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I’m loving the bangs, Bri! Fabulous!

• 35. packaging pretties. | spa&hellip  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 7:26 am

[...] custom note, placed a piece of pink translucent velum paper on top (a tip a learned about from this fun event) and, again, stuck everything on with washi tape. You can find washi all over the [...]

• 36. Creative Connection LA: M&hellip  |  April 13th, 2012 at 6:31 am

[...] was our March Creative Connection LA hangout! This month we went to a DIY event at Anthropologie by Design Love Fest and Jen Gotch. While my friends made some super cute crafts, I snapped a few pix. Now I wish I made [...]

• 37. CRAFT VIDEO! | D E S I G &hellip  |  May 14th, 2012 at 5:24 pm

[...] good friend and super talented videographer son of shark pig made us this video documenting our anthropologie craft event! remember those inspiration strings we made? have a look [...]

• 38. ANTHROPOLOGIE EVENT / ROU&hellip  |  November 2nd, 2012 at 12:15 pm

[...] at anthropologie and i am really hoping to see some of you there. (here’s the video and some photos from the last event!) this time around, my DIY contributor extraordinaire natalie will be joining [...]

• 39. HIGHLIGHT REEL | D E S I &hellip  |  December 21st, 2012 at 10:59 am

[...] EVENT POSTS: DIY inspiration string  |  DIY pom [...]

• 40. A Girl In Transit | My In&hellip  |  April 4th, 2013 at 10:43 pm

[...] of my favorite blogs is Bri’s DESIGNLOVEFEST. A few months ago she did an event at Anthropologie where people came and made an [...]

FUN PILLOWS…