11.29.11

STYLE / 30

photos by angela + ithyle

when kelly wearstler asked me to choose one item from her new collection, first i jumped for joy, and then i went straight for this color block coat! and just check out that fun pattern on the inside. whatta statement it makes, right? but, this pink patterned shirt was totally in the running for second.

so for this style post we decided it would be fun to use some yellow balloons. i guess angela wasn’t fully aware of how terrified i am of loud noises (specifically balloons popping) so it was pretty hilarious to watch me squirm holding these balloons near a wire gate. she popped one in the car on accident and i screamed like a little sissy girl.

they were too pretty to throw away. so we brightened this guy’s day and gave them to him…

seriously, i would wear this to The Dresden, fo sho.

Bec says:

Those yellow ballons just put a smile on my face too; instant pick me up! And you are a stunner as always Bri! This coat is like modern day {nicer} Cruella de Vil and I mean that in the best way possible!

haha- I’m actually really scared of balloons too… People think it’s nuts, but seriously! Latex under pressure isn’t something to be toyed with!

LOVE the coat!

bri says:

haha not to be toyed with at all!

thanks for the really nice words, girls!

adele says:

Adore the coat, such a great choice & the boots are fierce xoxo

Gosh, I want your wardrobe! And Angela takes such fun photos….!

Rachael B says:

I thoroughly enjoy the little peeks of green in each photo, whether it’s your sleeve or the bottom of the dress. It’s like a fun game of peek-a-boo for your clothes. I adore the balloons, but I totally share in your “sissy girl” screams when one pops. The unpredictability of a balloon does not work well with my natural anxiety 🙂

Alicia says:

What a great coat! You always look so nice. Also wanted to say that passing on those cheery yellow balloons to a stranger is awesome!

Great location and just the right pop of hidden green! Love the coat!

victoria says:

awesome. and i miss the dresden. say hi to marty & elaine. 🙂

KSV says:

I am a new fan of your blog, and I gotta say… gurrrrl, I like your style… that coat is FANTASTIC! You styled the look very well!

Super deluxe!

seriously adorable! love the colorblocked coat, very you!

Irene says:

The Dresden is a pretty rad jazzy place
    Rock on with them Vera Wang booties

These photos are beautiful! I love the green and yellow. The styling is amazels. LOVE

Lovin it! I don’t know how I would pick a piece of Kelly Wearstler’s! Amazin, lady!

melissa lynn says:

TOTALLY clockwork orange. great lines!

katrina says:

Love love the coat! Another super fun outfit
    – katrina

dee says:

oh i love kelly’s designs and you too! amazing combo. everything works perfectly.

hola!design says:

that’s so funny! I’m scared of balloons, too! a long time ago, a balloon popped in my eye!!! it was so painful!

i’m a huge kelly weastlers’ fan, that coat is beyond amazing!!!

Danielle says:

I seriously look forward to your outfit posts every week, they are so much fun! That jacket is gorgeous – it totally reminds me of Cruella Deville 🙂

-Danielle

Lauren says:

I am sooo JEALOUS. I wish Kelly Wearstler would ring me up and tell me to pick something!
    Huge fan of hers…and yours. Keep up the good work, you totally deserve it!

Pink Ronnie says:

This post was awesome! I love how creativity you guys are! Both the styling and the photography is just perfect.
    Ronnie xo

Jaclyn says:

Such amazing photos and a great outfit, I love everything together!

Love the lining on the coat! Clothing should always look pretty inside and out. From Brooklyn with love ~jen

Caitlin says:

Love the Wearstler jacket and the vintage dress!! Great combination!

xo
    Caitlin

Allywan says:

That coat is severely cute. I can’t really tell what’s going on with the boots, but I think I love them as well.

Also, balloons give me major anxiety. Not the mylar ones, just the latex ones. I live in constant fear of them popping. Oh and the noise they make when they rub together. AHH. Like nails on a chalkboard.

ali says:

I love the yellow balloons. Perfect!

Queen Mother says:

What an adorable shoot! I also love everything! Those boots are to die for, and that coat is stunning! ALWAYS love Angela’s photos, and how fun that you got the pic of the guy walking away with his new balloons! I should find and post the cute video I took of you at 3 years old saying “BaOOn!” Love, Mummsy

I just love that KW jacket!! You really spruced it up with that green patterned dress!!
    You rock it!!

jules says:

bri!! you look amazing!! This Wearstler coat is TDF!!! Let’s trade trench coats!!!

You keep killin’ it with all your posts!
    Cant wait to see you soon!
    xx