11.14.11

BLOGSHOP WENT TO PARIS!

i still can’t believe we taught in paris. and frankly i’m still recovering from the depression of not still being there. we held our class in a photo studio right near the place des Vosges. it had a beautiful garden entrance and a very eclectic vibe. here is a peek inside our trip…

photos by angela+ithyle

i wore that thunder in our hearts bag every single day in paris. on my arm, not my head. it’s fun to walk around making such a statement!

we felt it was absolutely necessary to give the students a few of these french cards from rifle paper co. (below) isn’t the handwriting and little paintings so perfect? that company does it right every time. and i fell in love with these eye poetry paris photographs. (above) i thought it would be a special memory, especially for the students that traveled far and wide to come to paris for class.

and hold UP! can we talk for a second here about how cute those little food jars are? now that is a DIY project that needs to happen stat. when tifamade approached me about catering our blogshop i knew she was absolutely perfect. she makes tiny cakes and sandwiches and delivers them to you in a suitcase on her pink bicycle! how fun would it be to have her bring little cakes to you and your friends in the park?

those “dude” cards by tokketok crack me up. especially because it is a word i cannot seem to stop saying these days. and how beautiful are those simplesong design calendars? such a good gift for a friend for the new year!

and i have these ayofemi wish bracelets in a couple of different colors that I wear together. they are simple and delicate but they also add some brightness to your outfit.

here are some snapshots i took  from around the city…

i remember seeing this store in paris on jordan’s blog. then we ran into it while walking around one day. you pick out different colored balls and they string them together for you to make a beautiful strand of lights. such a fun concept. if they were collapsible, i would have definitely bought some for my loft and brought them home with me.

one of my favorite memories in paris was taking the late night boat ride through the city. sipping champagne and watching the eiffel tower sparkle is just as enchanting as it sounds. i don’t think i will ever forget that night.

my boyfriend
has been workin’ hard on putting together the video from both cities. and i am itching to show you guys tomorrow! i just keep watching it over and over and wishing i was still there. so many happy times.

wanna come to class in LONDON? sure you do! sign up here.

all of our U.S. cities have sold out till next year, so we’ve decided to just keep goin’ through our requested city list. next up…SEATTLE!

lol Can I move to Paris so my lunch can be delivered in a suitcase on a pink bike everyday?! Too cute!! ~jen

katie says:

i am SO jealous! i hope you had an amazing time and you get to go back soon!

xx  Katie Carlin-Daily Crush

WhitneyP says:

FIrst off, I’m completely obsessed with your blog. So dang inspirational!
    I’m a (freshman) PreGraphic Design major and pretty much a ton of the gals in my 2D design class are all HUGE fans of yours and we all hope to attend a Blogshop before we graduate.
    Any tips on becoming the BEST graphic designer ever??
    (more like: How do you stay true to yourself and create your own style?)

katie says:

I love every single thing about this post! Wish I was there.

adele says:

One of my fave cities. Paris j’adore! xoxo

amy says:

wow, bri! looks like such a magical, beautiful trip! can’t wait to see more in the videos!

The late-night boat ride with champagne sounds amazing! The whole trip looks like a blast. 🙂

I am EATING THIS UP. I love the tote in hot pink! I especially love your product choices for this trip! I have that print by Irene Suchoki and love it. Tokketok’s dude! cards rock. And dying over that food packaging – definitely going to DIY that up soon! : ) xo

victoria says:

amazing, bri! looks like the trip of a lifetime. i can’t wait for the video!

Bec says:

loveee, can’t wait for the video….

and then philly right bri, right?! please.

Laura Nelson says:

When you’re in Seattle, you HAVE TO go to Peter Miller Books (on 1st avenue, just up from pike place market) and then have lunch at Le Pichet across the street. I worked there for a year and a half, but it’s an architectural/design bookshop that you’ll fall in love with.

CherryPop says:

1. I miss you
    2. Those RIFLE cards are just too cute to handle
    3. Pack me in your bag when you go back to Europe

Kia René says:

What happened to the Vegas Blogshop?!

Richard says:

This looks like it was such a blast. I love Paris! Such an incredible City.

I’m looking forward to you guys coming to London! Unfortunately as a Student, that price is more than I can afford If I want to eat for the rest of the year! Would love to participate – maybe in three years when i’ve graduated?!

Amazing as always! Plus I love love love that calendar!

Caitlin says:

looks like you had an amazing time in Paris!! Its one of my favorite cities!!

xo
    Caitlin

magalerie says:

Wow ! Beautiful pictures !
    They make me nostalgic. We had such a great time. 🙂
    You and Angela are wonderful teachers.

johanna says:

looks like fun. love seeing all that letterpress in your post 😉

joannegarcia says:

you’re coming to SEATTLE!?!?! i have to start saving up money now 🙂

Becky! says:

Bri! I am getting so anxious to hear the results for the LA Blogshop. I hope I win so much! Been checking DLF constantly today. Hope all is well and things are still fly in Los Angeles.

Elizabeth B. says:

yesyesyes Rifle Paper Co. does everything so well! Your blog has become a daily stop for me, I’m so far in love!

Molly Marler says:

omg… WOW. Dying to see the video… love your sneak peeks! of course you had an incredible, memorable, romantical time. 🙂 c’est PARIS! le sigh… thanks for taking us along with you. I need to get my ass out of the states, stat! xo

Brianna says:

can not wait for the seattle b.shop! can i be the first to RSVP!?!?!?

I look foward for Seattle!
    Congratulations for your Blog! beautiful pictures!! 😀

Katie says:

I have anxiously been waiting for blogshop to come to Seattle but I’ll be in Europe during February. I will be the first to RSVP for the next one in Seattle! Come back soon!

A lovely blogger, Nicole from Chestnut Orange has opened my eyes to the great work you do and the inspiration you give. I really enjoyed seeing this post and how you all made it happen in Paris. I live here now, I blog about design, fashion, photograph different shows, etc. Freelance is something beautiful, difficult at times, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Keep up the great work!

Felicia