10.04.11

STYLE / 23

photos by angela+ithyle

i wish i had a hair tutorial for this. but it would be one sad tutorial, my friends. i just took a chunk of hair, loosely braided it and pinned it in randomly. i’ve been going through one of those “my hair always looks the same and i hate it” phases. certain days I want bangs, others I want red ombre hair. but I guess I am chicken, because it never really changes much. it remains a long, dread filled crazy fest.

i’m roping in one of my talented friends for a real hair tutorial here soon. tell me, what would you like to see? it’s funny how many people ask how to do just a simple topknot!

and here’s a vintage cape and bright red scarf that puts me in a really good mood…

Ciara says:

pretty, Bri! I remember that you say you never brush your hair, but I’ve always wondered if that still applies when you wash your hair.

amanda says:

LOVE it! You’d be surprised how hard a top knot is to do for some of us 😉 I try and sometimes it works…other times it doesn’t. You should do a tutorial on…something we haven’t seen… because everyone is doing braidy stuff right now. Do something that’s not on beautydepartment.com (which, by the way I LOVE)

Katy says:

Pinning that hair on my wedding hair board. Lush!

Stef says:

LOVE the hair… I’d love a tutorial!

Courtney says:

Love the new do! Super cute and I love that it’d be different everytime. I might just have to try it on my head. Though I LOVE the texture of your hair. Not sure mine would piece together quite right. hmmm…

Ranu says:

Love it! That dress especially 🙂 Can’t wait for the new Rue!

Katie says:

like it like it like it like it. i want to see the WHOLE dress. it looks super cute.

bri says:

thanks everyone!

katie – you will see more of that awesome colorful dress in the upcoming new york blogshop video! it’s my new favorite dress!
    bri

jimena says:

Bri your hair reminds me of Barbies in a good way! So abundant and blonde, very cute and perfect for experimenting!

rebecca says:

oh sure. show me some fabulous hair tutorials as i continue to grow my hair out. rub it in bri!

allie says:

Looks awesome! You’re hair is beautiful. Dig the vintage cape.

Laura Nelson says:

So jealous of that cape! I love me some Filson.

What about short hair? I hate it when I’ve worked super late and have to be up first thing looking presentable without a lot of effort. Surley there is something better than a hat and I know you are just the creative girl to solve this problem!

Thanks!

Robina says:

Long hair tutorials? Yes, please! I’ve been trying to figure out your topknot for a while now. It just looks like a dead squirrel on the top of my head!

Pink Ronnie says:

You look amazing as usual. I think fall is really bringing out the woman in you! I’m waiting on two vintage capes to arrive myself, seeing your post has just made me even more excited! Hair tutorials would be so cool – I’m always trying to figure out how to just pin up my hair for a casual, messy look. Can’t be that hard, right?
    Ronnie xo

Swah says:

Oh wow, I want a cape so badly! Unfortunately summer is around the corner here in Sydney so I would probably melt underneath it 🙂

jen says:

ohh my gosh can i steal your hair? i have a 6 month old who loooves to pull out my hair, so that would be so cute to do (and have out of hands reach!)
    Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

Danielle says:

I always look forward to seeing your style posts and I LOVE this one! Your hair looks absolutely adorable 🙂

xo Danielle

Jennifer says:

I LOVE, LOVE, the hair!!!! It looks awesome, I may have to try. I always find the best styles happened by accident when I was spending the LEAST amount of time trying. Somehow more natural looking.
    Anyway.. Good one!
    Best,
    J

bri says:

jennifer, you are so right! my hair always looks best when I don’t even use a mirror to do it. it’s crazy. the littlest effort sometimes does the trick.

Love the hairstyle!
    I go through hair phases all the time. Every few weeks I long for bangs but know that they don’t work with my hair, especially my stubborn cowlick at my hairline. Curling and braiding and bobby pinning always gets me out of that rut.

Stefanie says:

I LOVE the messy yet put together braids!
    Darling darling! Most of all I’m loving the poncho 🙂
    check out my new blog! I’d appreciate comments/feedback!
    Thanks,
    Stefanie

Meanz says:

You look amazing Bri! and I think the hair is cute, and even though you make it sound so simple, I’m not sure if I could make it look as awesome as you did! Anyways, I would love to see any hair tutorial. I am roping in a gal in my area to help me do some hair tutorials as well! Can’t wait to see what you come up with! 😀

Stacey Allaire says:

Your hair looks AMAZING! Love this. xo

Sini says:

Oh my, you have the most beautiful hair do! ever! 🙂

Kate says:

I think, “Braid it. Twist it. Pin it.” is a perfectly reasonable tutorial in and of itself. Gorgeousness!

Knittinchick says:

That is awesome! Found you through pinterest and would love a tutorial on it… b/c i think that my try of it (that i will be doing) won’t be nearly as cool looking!

Vivian says:

Hmmmm I’m thinking maybe a hair bleaching tutorial ( if you do it yourself ) or maybe a haircare for platinum blond hair? There are very few good ones out there. 🙂