10.10.11

NEW YORK BLOGSHOP!

photos by angela+ithyle

i am such a sucker for an all white room. divine studios ended up being the absolute perfect spot to have our blogshop in new york. heck, i would get married in that room for sure. the students in this class were full of energy and creative ideas. it’s always the best to teach a room full of eager learners. (watch the fun video to see what i mean!)

big thank you to our wonderful NY sponsors!

first off, how amazing were those huge + colorful geronimo balloons? they made it a party, alright.

1. maptote – the perfect graphic wine tote. find your city too!
2. ban.do – i love these sparkly gold hearts that cheer up your blouse.
3. uppercase magazine – one of my favorite design magazines for sure! so much beauty inside.
4. tattly – they brought the temporary tattoo back in a BIG way. look how rad these are.
5. egg press – a sweet letterpress love affair!
6. pinhole press – we LOVE customizing their notebooks for all our classes. make your own here!

and thank you joanna for hosting the class. and bekka you were one awesome intern! so helpful.

radish
put together the most beautiful spread of food for two days, I was SO impressed with their flat breads, spiced applesauce and homemade sodas! if you are in brooklyn, this place is a must-try spot. i am so happy we used them for our class! (and i love their branding too)

last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST…we were insanely lucky to snag stebs from paper fortress films to shoot a video for us. man, this guy is crazy talented! he was fun, made the students feel comfortable, and even followed us on our walk to the park. he truly captured the vibe of the class.

here, take a look right here…

shot by: paper fortress films / edited by: arian soheili / music by: moving units

we are headed to Berlin (2 spots left) and Paris (one spot left) to teach in just a few days! the excitement level is high, and we are hoping it’s as spectacular as this new york class! we miss you NYC, but we will be back in december!

and i leave you with this adorable painting angela did. one night it was raining, and we had these enormous balloons in our hands. ducking under and over umbrellas and their pointy edges. we felt like we were on the amazing race…

THERE’S STILL SPOTS LEFT IN:

atlanta /Β  boston /Β  paris /Β  austin (just announced!)

Joyce says:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!! O I am still so jealous of the girl that won the berlin-contest! When you have last-last-minute-open-spots-for-empty-wallets, me and my grazy-gal-pall will drive right over!! We are SO looking out for a perfect AMSTERDAM spot for you guys!! Enjoy your trip! Enjoy Europe! bubye now!

Hanna says:

oh it looks like so much fun! still sad that i can’t attend the berlin blogshop, it just didn’t work out properly πŸ™ maybe i’ll just come to new york in december πŸ˜‰

Kersey says:

That video is awesome! Everything looks amazing. I can’t wait for another round in NY. I’ll be there for sure!

katie says:

great post bri !!
    blogshop nyc was the best !

Erica Finnan says:

The video is amazing, I just watched it 3 times! Wish we could do it all over again. So much fun and I learned so much! Thanks again Bri πŸ™‚

WhitneyP says:

your blog overwhelms me SO much!
    I’m a pre graphic design major (just started this fall!) and
    pretty much your blog covers everything I love.

Maybe one day I can come to one of you blogshops!

love love love your work. so inspirational.

littlek says:

Such a great video!! I loooooove it!! We’re ready to rock it too in PARIS!!!!

eunice says:

luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve it!!! keep doing a great job

Libby says:

Amazing video, as usual! I am always anxious for you to post the video from your latest blogshop– everyone always looks so cool/happy/fun! Bravo, bravo πŸ™‚

Danette says:

Are you kidding me!? I want to have that much fun!! Love the orange kerchief, Bri. I could really use a class like that. I will watch for the next LA venue.

Joana says:

The perfect Blogshopping weekend in ny, would do it again and again!! Thanx Bri & Angela!!
    xx j

Ranu says:

Amazing video and post! πŸ™‚ Brings me back to the weekend! Thanks for all of the knowledge and memories! xx

Shoko says:

So fun! Love the video. I want to do it all again – come back!

sarah.a says:

fun! (btw, really like the cream top you were wearing with the orange scarf. where from??)

Kate says:

Oh my goodness! Gutted that I missed this! Fingers crossed I can make the December date…FUN πŸ™‚ You’re all so pretty!

Kate

Kate says:

Can’t wait to get to a Blogshop! Looks like tons of fun!

I think this is my favorite video so far!! So colorful and fast! And the Geronimo balloons look simply wonderful!

Holy moly, so much to say in such a small space – this whole post is full of things I love..in the midst of buying a Tattly rainbow tattoo for my sister Maya Rainbow Rose…that video is amazing! Thank you for sharing, I thouroughly enjoyed this post!

Shaina says:

ahhh I recognize those lipsticks! Both NARS, right?! love the video, he did a great job.

bri says:

yes, NARS!!
    thanks for all the sweet comments about the post, we loved this class. a lot.

ooh I want want want! any plans for London?

bri says:

we are trying to plan london for early next year!!

Ha! I really enjoyed being a part of the video clip!!.. He really did an excellent job on capturing what exactly went on in the wonderful weekend workshop that I was so glad to be a part of!!! All the people, the fashion, the food the atmosphere was so colorful and creative and so inspiring! Can we do it again?
    xo

Danielle says:

Eeek this looks like so much fun!!! When oh when are you coming to Australia?!

xo Danielle

cath says:

Gah! Oh man, what a thrilling time you must have all had… extra awesomeness. I love that BlogShop is taking over the world (I think this planet can do with an whopping dose of colorful happiness, don’t you?)

Anna says:

goodness gracious! you and angela at the end are a.dor.a.ble.

Samantha says:

I am so jealous if only you came to australia!!! x

bri says:

samantha! we are working on a melbourne class!

Shaina says:

yesss I love NARS! I could tell by the pointy shape and of course the color. Schiap is pretty distinguishable haha. I work at Sephora and I’m a graphic design student, so your blog is perfection!

fanfamfun says:

looks like so much fun! you will have to do a class in london. x

Joyce says:

So no Amsterdam? Pretty please?

Shannon says:

Your blogshop videos are the best!

Blogshop looks like so much fun! That video is wonderful. Well done paper fortress! If I wasn’t a poor college student, I would SO be at Blogshop Boston!

Pingback: ban.do blog

Each opportunity has its own commission plan, and many pay bonuses on top
    of commissions. There are several sites online that
    are completely honest and pay good money for good writers
    that bring in internet traffic. Research any job you find before giving out your personal information or doing any work,
    and never pay someone to hire you.

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself
    or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer
    back as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to know
    where u got this from. many thanks

Here is my web-site; tomboy clothing line