10.03.11

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

photos by emily johnston anderson

rue turns one year old tomorrow. happy birthday, mister magazine!

the rue girls have been up late in the office cranking out the issue, but I figured I would show you one of my favorite homes. I love this eclectic home of actress Andi Potamkin. that jewelry drawer alone gets me excited.

and i love this entry way. which reminds me, I need to work on my entry way of my loft. they are so important to setting the tone of your home right when you walk in. i’m feelin’ this simple, yet treasure filled table…

check back tomorrow for the full issue! i am excited to see what you guys think. (and don’t you love that little brass skeleton? he’s cute)

Bec says:

Ooo this looks like a new fav inspiration of mine; I’m so ready to see the new issue!!

Anna says:

wonderful photos! i can’t wait to see the new rue mag!

I love the idea of a collection of treasures in the entryway! Perfect!

Allywan says:

I’m kind of jealous of the camera collection in the bottom pic. I have that Fuji Instax though, and it is so much fun!

Heather says:

hooray! you made it through the weekend and made a blog post! I’m uber impressed with you! 🙂

DENISE. says:

I love the cameras! Can’t wait for tomorrow — Happy birthday, girls!

Chelsea says:

I don’t even know what is going on with that skeleton, but I know I love it. Congrats on Rue, can’t wait to read it tomorrow. xo

Rae Veda says:

I love your record collection! I bet you have some amazing choices in there. xo, rv

adele says:

Love the photos – I’ve never heard of this magazine, not sure if e get it in the UK???

OMG Cuuuute pup!! Love the candle holder and that jewelry organization box!! Very cute stuff! Excited to see the magazine!

Kate says:

Congrats, ladies! Can’t wait to read the new RUE!

Congrats. looking forward to your new issue. adore the photos as well, the light is always perfection.

Hanna says:

congrats! a year, how exciting! i’m really looking forward to looking through this issue 🙂

happy monday bri! love the entrance to this home ~ the table is small enough to where it doesn’t take up too much space ~ and love RUE magazine, looking forward to this issue 😉
    xo ~ ks

aawww! i love that french bulldog in the first pic, so cute! can’t wait for the new issue. for all the work that’s been put into it, i’m sure it looks great!

jen says:

oh my gosh I love the little skeleton! I’ve never really cared about halloween decorations, but now that i have a baby, im all about them! also…anything warhol I adore, so that framed picture of him im in love with!
    Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

Kate says:

I totally need that pup and that Warhol photo in my life. Just finished my homework for my Color Theory class and made me think of your blog, Bri. And how much better you would probably be at my work than I am, haha.

Kate

I am DIGGING that candelabra! Can’t wait for tomorrow (hope it’s out w/time to devour before work!!!) 😉

oh happy happy birthday, rue!

Ashley says:

Absolutely love the entryway and photo of Andy Warhol!