10.17.11

GUEST POST / JEN!

bri and i are what you might call “breakfast super fans!”

and hey, that’s not to say we are not fans of lunch, brunch, dinner, late night snacks, happy hour, etc…
but breakfast, well, breakfast kind of has it all. you get to have coffee, but it is also really cool if you want to have champagne. you get savory (bacon, eggs, potatoes), but it is totally acceptable to have sweet (waffles, french toast, etc).

it’s a win, win.

one of our favorite breakfast spots is a sweet little french restaurant in silver lake called cafe stella
*note: it is also one of our favorite lunch and dinner spots, too.   yeah, we’re foodies.

being that it is french, we thought it would be the perfect place to grab breakfast and catch up before she headed off to paris, plus we were both craving baked eggs and potatoes. we sat outside, as we are still hanging tight onto summer here in l.a. and came up with our usual meal share plan:

two decafs. it’s hard when you love coffee but caffeine makes you CAARAYZEEEE
baked eggs with spinach and goat cheese. (she eats the yolks and i eat the whites, and yes, i told her they are high in cholesterol.  she wants what she wants)
roasted potatoes. yum.
oh, and an avocado. and this, my friends is no ordinary avocado.  i think they are actually shipped in from heaven. they are perfect every single time.  sprinkled with lemon juice, olive oil and parsley and always the perfect color green.

so there you have it.  another breakfast success story for the super fans.

- jen gotch (from my food column)

• 1. bougiehippie  |  October 17th, 2011 at 8:25 am

Tre Chic!

• 2. amy  |  October 17th, 2011 at 9:18 am

well that made me hungry. good to see you back on here, jen! i’ve been missing your food posts! :)

• 3. Sarah  |  October 17th, 2011 at 10:28 am

One of my favorite, favorite places to eat in LA! Thanks for the wonderful photos- now when friends come to visit I can send them this link and say “we’re going to eat HERE!!”

• 4. Megan  |  October 17th, 2011 at 10:46 am

Someday when I go to LA I’ll have to try this place. I love eggs with goat cheese so I know those little baked guys must be heaven! Also, avocados from heaven?! Hell yes.

• 5. bethany  |  October 17th, 2011 at 10:52 am

I LOVE Café Stella! I’ve never had breakfast though, only dinner, in the bar. Love that bar!
    Go ahead and have that egg yolk -it’s good cholesterol. Just as the avocado is the good kind of fat. Yum!

• 6. Jaclyn  |  October 17th, 2011 at 11:46 am

This cafe always looks so cute! I can’t believe I still haven’t tried it. Definitely going next time I’m home.

• 7. bigBANG studio  |  October 17th, 2011 at 12:24 pm

CAFE STELLA! Stella is my go-to place with my best friend who lives around the corner. Lulu is always our waitress, and magic is always they way the morning starts there (especially after a pit-stop to Intelligentsia first). YUM.

(also, dog owners- you can sit in the wee outdoor area with your pups as long as they are quiet and well-behaved!)

• 8. Julie K.  |  October 17th, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I’ve been there! I love their truffle fries. I smell them for days after. Mmm.

• 9. katie  |  October 17th, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Ok. I had no idea you had food posts on this here blog! How exciting + beautiful ;) You know my foodie self is loving this!

• 10. adele  |  October 17th, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Totally love the vibe of this place xoxo

• 11. Slightly Bonkers  |  October 18th, 2011 at 2:40 am

Some lovely pictures you have here. I am so jealous… and love to go there immediately :)

COOL BEACH TOWEL…