08.09.11

STYLE / 15

style photos shot by angela + ithyle

this would be an outfit i could wear everyday. this dress is EASY (and affordable)! the bold pattern and simple silhouette makes it one of those – oh, i’ll just throw on that one dress – kind of dresses. and then you build on top of it. tie a scarf around your arm like a bracelet. why not? it’s fun to switch it up.

and that pom pom vamoose necklace is so playful and adds a nice texture to the outfit. and stacking rings makes your hands feel like a party. especially when it’s an elephant ring.

i have found most of my favorite pairs of shoes at flea markets + thrift stores. i know some of you are thinking, wow that’s gross, those are someone else’s shoes! well guess what, i don’t care. they were 20 dollars and they fit like cinderella. i am a size 7, so i get lucky with the perfect fit scenario in thrift stores most of the time.

Donnie says:

Speaking of Portland, I am trying to go during the oregon manifest this year! Not sure if you’ve ever been but any advice would be much appreciated!

Emma says:

Jealous of your Vamoose purchase. I have been wanting one of her pieces for a while now. You rock Bri. Green is a great color on you*

ShoeGal says:

This is lovely. I love the scarf bracelet, I have one that would be perfect for that! Also the lobby is great, I ma a huge fan of open spaces.

juliet says:

Great, fun blog! What fonts do you use in post headings, buttons (about, press, contact)? Thanks!

gabrielle says:

great idea to tie a scarf around the wrist! i never know what to do with all my tiny scarves besides look like a flight attendant πŸ™‚

julie says:

the other day I wore a skinny leopard belt as a bracelet. it was awesome, if I do say so myself πŸ˜‰ my boyfriend said, looking at it and the rest of my outfit, “look at you … you just do stuff”. I just think what’s fashion if you cant make it your own, ya know?

love your blog.

bri says:

i love that julie!

Elephant ring kiiinda rocks my socks!

victoria says:

uh, i think you’d win best dressed at the food truck. so cute.

adriana says:

Could you do a post on diy scarves as bracelets? I’ve been seeing them around on girls and I love the look, but can’t seem to get it right (I do have small wrists). That would be awesome if you could…thanks πŸ™‚

adriana says:

btw that dress is awesome – where’s it from? i really like the way it is cut on the bottom.

bri says:

it’s from shop dame! check them out!

elsie says:

love this! so pretty! the shoes are my favorite. XX

kelly ann says:

That dress is absolutely fantastic! I LOVE the colour!

Loving your accessories here! and what a fantastic way to use a scarf!! I might have to steal this idea πŸ˜‰