06.21.11

THIS IS WHAT LEARNING LOOKS LIKE

top decal gifted by shanna murray, photos by: angela+ithyle

after this second blogshop we put on in LA last weekend, I am positive this is something i absolutely love doing. watching people learn photoshop, get inspired about starting their new businesses, make blog posts they always wanted to make. it is so rewarding and something I hope to do for many many more months.

the heirloom LA catered lunches really gave us street cred, considering it was an all out buffet of delicious and well presented food. those guys over there really put their ALL into what they do, and I recommend them like crazy.

and wow! people have donated the most wonderful things so far. the students not only learned for hours, but they walked away with these cute emmadime bows, little camera magnets, a designlovefest journal, a love bottle, an awesome chalkboard decal and more. gift giving has always been my favorite, and it’s especially fun to spread the word about up n’ coming artists.

you are in luck. we are taking this class around the country due to all the bloggers out there that are so eager to learn (even talks about taking the class to berlin!) but we are off to berkeley next month (july 30-31) and there is a handful of spots left! read about all the details of that class here on sfgirlbybay!

and HOW COULD I FORGET THE VIDEO! son of shark pig, my awesome friend + talented videographer captured the behind the scenes of blogshop! yeah, after sitting in front of a laptop for hours and hours, we want to have some fun too!

to sign up or to bring BLOGSHOP to a city near you, email blogshopla{at}gmail.com

• 1. Rebecca  |  June 21st, 2011 at 9:54 am

Ah, I want blogshop to come to NYC!

• 2. lucia  |  June 21st, 2011 at 9:54 am

you make learning look so fun! now that you’ll be touring the world… when will you come home and have another one in LA?!

• 3. sarah  |  June 21st, 2011 at 10:01 am

i love that brown boy!
    can’t wait for blogshop sf!

• 4. Bekka  |  June 21st, 2011 at 10:50 am

This looks so fun Bri! So happy that BLOGSHOP is a success for you (and that you love doing it).

• 5. blogshopla&hellip  |  June 21st, 2011 at 10:50 am

[…] smashing hit! people were learning and having fun fest. see proof here! and bri posted all about it right here […]

• 6. Leanne  |  June 21st, 2011 at 10:59 am

Hi Bri! Love your blog! I was wondering if you are able to share the vendor who made your custom flash drives that I see in your video?

• 7. tasshia  |  June 21st, 2011 at 11:02 am

Love all the little details! This looks so so fun. You guys should come to Canada too!! Vancouver, yes?!

• 8. bri  |  June 21st, 2011 at 11:44 am

hi leanne – email me and I can send you the vendor info!
    bri{at}designlovefest.com

thanks!

• 9. Teri  |  June 21st, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I love it! I’m so jealous I can’t join in every class. It’s going to get better and better. You and Angela are adorable and sooooo talented! Amazing.

• 10. Stacie Shea Events  |  June 21st, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Can’t wait for blogshop to come to NYC!

• 11. Ckampy  |  June 21st, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I second NYC!

• 12. Mel  |  June 21st, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I want to learn like this everyday! I hope you make it to Austin, TX!

• 13. Aliza  |  June 21st, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Hi! This looks like fun and serious learning! Any chance you will be coming to Central NJ?

• 14. Anna  |  June 21st, 2011 at 2:28 pm

you guys, the class was awesome! if this duo comes near, I highly recommend! Also, son of sharkpig, your video is awesome. however I have something gigantic in my teeth and you managed to get a close up. silently wondering if my photoshop skills can do something about that…
    thanks again you guys!!

Anna

• 15. Bill the old man  |  June 21st, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I have to say that I was terrified to take this workshop! But Bri and Angela do a great job with the content and their were lots of assistance. I was never made to feel stupid and I love the quote that they put in the journal in the gift bag about not being afraid to fail- that’s how you become good. Out of the mouths of babes….thanks so very much to Bri and Angela from and old person ;) ( please see old guy with white goatee in the video.)

• 16. Jewel at Eat.Drink.Shop.Love  |  June 21st, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I would love for you to bring blogshop to Atlanta.

• 17. Gaby Burger  |  June 21st, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I want to go to there! Why don’t you come to Toronto, pretty please!? in October, otherwise I won’t be there ;)

• 18. Alice Baxley  |  June 21st, 2011 at 8:30 pm

ah love this! I am missing it already. Will there be an advanced class anytime soon? cause I’d love to take that too. :)

• 19. Anna  |  June 21st, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Please oh please come to Austin! Would love love love to do this!

• 20. Latrina  |  June 21st, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Oh wow. Looks like a lot of fun! And what a great bunch of people too. :) I want a Blogshop to come near me! (digging your blog a lot by the way… bookmarked!)

• 21. adele  |  June 21st, 2011 at 10:18 pm

What a fab idea! Can you come to the UK!!!!!!
    And the food looks sooooo yummy xoxo
    Would love it if you could stop by my blog sometime, I’ve only been going just over a month.

• 22. Drew Humphries  |  June 22nd, 2011 at 7:26 am

If only I lived out that way!! I’d totally take your classes!! I know I would walk away inspired and informed!

• 23. joana  |  June 22nd, 2011 at 8:52 am

i can’t wait to hear about the blogshop next stops, hoping there is a destination i can attend!

• 24. Nataly  |  June 22nd, 2011 at 1:32 pm

This looks like so much fun! I want to take a class!! Please come to Texas!!

• 25. Hanna  |  June 22nd, 2011 at 2:58 pm

i was just being sad that you are only in the states, and then you wrote you wanted to take your class to berlin! please do, please please do! it’s still a 3 hour drive or something, but so much closer than america ;)

• 26. xanthe  |  June 23rd, 2011 at 8:24 am

We’d welcome you with open arms to London :)
    This looks like the best fun!

• 27. Brianna  |  June 28th, 2011 at 9:00 am

OH MY GOSH! PLEASE COME TO AUSTIN TEXAS!
    I promise you many graphic designers interested in what you teach {including me for one} PLUS if you haven’t been here you will LOVE Austin!

• 28. Matrioshka  |  July 6th, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Okay, this is a totally random question, but what is that background that the photobooth pictures are taken against? It looks like missoni but up close kind of looks like cray paper. Please explain!

• 29. bri  |  July 6th, 2011 at 8:38 pm

it is just colored tissue paper that my awesome intern cut up and taped together! so fun, right!

• 30. color inspiration // 08.0&hellip  |  August 3rd, 2011 at 3:03 am

[…] 1.  make up your mind  /  2.  design love fest […]

• 31. jackie  |  August 17th, 2011 at 7:24 am

COME TO COLUMBUS :)
    pretty please with sugar and cherries and wonderful whip-cream on top!!!

• 32. EMMADIME&hellip  |  February 10th, 2012 at 1:26 am

[…] Some pretty tiny bows I knitted up for Bri and Angela’s Blogshop #2 !!! They were included in the goody bags and will look so adorable pinned on their students :) […]

• 33. Minty  |  August 22nd, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Please come to Melbourne, Australia! DOWN UNDA! x

• 34. THE VIDEO | Blogshop&hellip  |  June 7th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

[…] hit! people were learning and having a fun fest. see proof here! and bri posted all about it right here […]

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg