06.21.11

STYLE / 04

photos by: angela+ithyle

sundays are flea market + thrift store days for me. this might sound crazy, but i have this theory that there is a proper way to dress when going to look for deals. you want to look fun and approachable, but also a little serious. serious? yes, serious. you want to talk to the flea market vendors with confidence (and lots of it!). this way they won’t try to rip you off. and sometimes confidence comes from how you are dressed that day, right? this polka dotted vintage shirt mixed with a black blazer and scarf around the neck does the trick just fine.

Rebecca says:

Bri, you are so cute. Where do you take your photos?

brandi milne says:

I love it!! I love thrift store Sundays – and I missed the Long Beach Flea Market this Sunday…boo. Shop on, shop girl!

Rhonda Hesse says:

Very appropriate for the task….*love*

pretty!!!!! and love the photos as always. you look great in polka dots (or as elodie calls them ‘coconuts’)

Monique says:

I totally agree! Flea markets and swap meets definitely require a bit of serious biz. I’ve noticed dressing down helps, and a little conversation with a vendor can go a long way. Also, don’t act like you can’t live without the treasure, they’ll charge you up the ying yang! On another note, your polka dots are divine.

Shelley says:

Wow, these photos are beautiful. I love the light and different colors. Cute outfit!

Calli says:

Gosh, you’re just soooo gorgeous. And I’m loving the outfit posts.

Kate says:

Awww you always look like you’re having so much fun! 🙂

Kate

i heart polka dots too!

Pink Ronnie says:

Bri, really loving your style. So feminine yet so carefree at the same time!
    Ronnie xo

em0lyoea says:

Love this blog…love your outfits…love your backgrounds…you should be proud ha!

eva burns says:

I couldn’t agree more, polka dots make me so so so happy too. Love the ensemble!

This outfit is great. Really love the polka dots!

sheena says:

great photo, particularly good hair!

ginny branch stelling says:

cuuuuute bri! my theory with dressing for flea markets… dress waaaay down. i find the sassier i dress, the more the vendors dismiss me. buuuut if i wear some raggedy clothing, bandana in my hair, and red lipstick they all are so much nicer. and usually the older broads tell me i look like rosie the riveter. works. every.time.