stockings are one of my favorite holiday traditions. they’re so fun to fill with little treasures and fun gifts for the family, and they look so pretty hanging from the fireplace. i’m finding so many cute holiday stockings this holiday season, from faux fur to pretty knitted stockings. here are a few favorites. which holiday stockings are loving? – erika
want more interior inspiration? tons more HERE!
image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4
finding a cute holiday tree skirt that is unique and doesn’t break the bank is a real challenge. that’s why we created this velvet tree skirt DIY that you can make on your own and use for years to come! we also have a DIY on the poms too so you can make that pretty little garland that’s hanging on our mantel!
we partnered with the SoCal Honda Dealers who understands that the holidays can be a stressful time and are hosting all sorts of fun events in southern california this holiday season to make things a little easier. like their annual Christmas tree lot buy out where they give away trees at four locations in Los Angeles and Orange County. you can follow along with them on facebook to find out when and where their #RandomActsofHelpfulness are happening!
now, let’s make it!
what you’ll need:
• square piece of velvet or fabric of your choice
• 2 square pieces of fabric of your choice 1″ smaller than your first fabric (this is optional. We’re using velvet, so we need some extra weight to help the body of our skirt)
• clover pom pom maker size medium
• fabric glue or thread and a sewing machine
• measuring tape
• chalk pencil
CLICK THROUGH TO SEE THE FULL DIY POST…
cardelucci made these dreamy ocean desktops for us this week. they really give an instant serene feeling to your desktop. click through below to download the wallpapers for your desktop!
CLICK THROUGH TO DOWNLOAD THE DESKTOPS…
i’m fairly certain we’re all coming off a long weekend of over indulging but we couldn’t wait to share this pasta with you. and, it has kale in it so it’s basically health food 🙂 this is so simple to make and the flavors are fantastic. the creamy texture of the squash, the saltiness of the prosciutto and the crunch of the kale make it the perfect dish to serve during these colder months. don’t skip the kale, i tried it without it and it’s not nearly as good! – joanie
what you’ll need:
• 1/2 package linguine pasta
• 1 package prosciutto (sliced)
• 1 lemon
• 1 bunch of kale
• 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
• 1 medium sized acorn squash
• olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• chili flakes
• preheat oven to 450 degrees. cut the acorn squash into slices and then into segments. place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay evenly. cover with olive oil and salt to taste. bake for 30-40 minutes, turning over halfway through. do not under cook the squash, it needs to be very tender.
• wash and de-stem the kale, pat dry. toss with a little olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes. you do not want the kale to be wet or it won’t crisp up. when the acorn squash is done, place the kale into the oven at 275 degrees and bake for 10 minutes, check often as they can bake quickly.
• in a large pot, cook the linguine to the packaging instructions. drain the pasta water and reserve one cup. add 3 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of one lemon, a pinch of chili flakes (more if you like the heat) 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese, the roasted acorn squash with the skins removed, a handful of kale, the prosciutto and salt to taste. stir until well mixed. serve while hot.
styling by: joanie cusack and ivan solis
photos by: ivan solis
i love holiday decor that feels festive and cozy, but i don’t think it has to always be the traditional red and green. with inspiration from scandanavian design, we’re going to show you some holiday decor ideas for your home this year. and you can shop the list from amazon at the bottom (because if you are like me, you will put everything off till the last minute and amazon prime comes quite in handy)
ps, that wooden bead garland DIY is right here!
i love the neutral colors, the warm lighting mixed with the fuzzy or woven textures, the shiny metals, and the clean design. are you into it?? here’s some of my amazon picks…
shop this list: 1. black and white ceramic grinders 2. LED string lights 3. gold flatware set 4. mongolian faux fur pillow 5. bundle of birch logs (see my fireplace in the top photo!) 6. olive wreath 7. wood beads (so you can do the DIY garland above) 8. marble and copper candle holders 9. copper drinking straws 10. ivory cable knit floor pouf 11. my favorite diptyque candle 12. wine carafe with oak stopper
shop my full list of holiday favorites right here!
(this post was created in partnership with amazon.com, a company i support and order from on the regular! )