hi. hello. happy friday. i’m sitting in the wythe hotel restaurant in new york finishing up some work before we all get on a plane and head back to los angeles. i’m pretty worn out after a crazy few days working on that proctor & gamble job (you can read about it here!) but i feel a huge feeling of relief that the job got done and actually ran pretty smoothly considering there were 1 million little details that needed to happen. so grateful for that.
while we were in new york we were able to have a lot of fun group dinners and drinks. here’s the spots we went to…
1. rented this cool airbnb in brooklyn so we could all hang together.
2. marlow and sons for the best dinner, just a short walk away.
3. maison premiere for oyster happy hour. they also have delicious and unique cocktails!
4. la superior for awesome tacos!
5. pies ‘n’ thighs for chicken biscuits with hot sauce and honey. the best!
6. roebling tea room, a cute lunch spot.
7. st. charles cellar for the coziest dinner of them all in the basement. low ceilings and candles everywhere. go upstairs to st. mazie for flamenco dancers!
i hope you all have an amazing weekend! i have victoria staying with me for a few days while we plan a little valentine’s event together. talk soon! -bri
while i’m spending the week in the cold and snow of new york, these desktops from the team at wellen sure make me feel like i’m back in california again!
which one of these sea and surf inspired desktops are you favorite?
i think this one above is my fave!
CLICK THROUGH TO DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE DESIGNS THIS WEEK!…
i use the start of a new year as an excuse for a lot of things, one of them being freshening up my house. i’ve been a long time fan of chairish and today we’re partnering with them to give YOU a chance to win $500 towards fresh picks for your own home. i love browsing their ever changing inventory and you can check out a collection of my favorite picks, here.
shop my collection above: mustard colored vintage glasses, modern sputnik chandelier, contemporary modern style credenza console, vintage moroccan rug, surfboard coffee table, yellow tufted sofa and below: pink turkish rug, pineapple lamp, vintage dinnerware, brass bar cart, Peruvian striped pillow, and patio set.
you can shop their site or use their iphone app which is super easy and addictive, so many treasures to be found! what would you buy if you won the $500? they also have live instagram sales from flea markets all over the country. their next one is on february 8th from west palm beach!
CLICK THROUGH TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY…
There’s nothing quite like the sweet raspberry citrus flavor of the blood orange, and when winter citrus season rolls around, it must be taken full advantage of. I like incorporating them into sweets of all kinds, but a sweet and tangy margarita showcases their flavor perfectly! Refreshing, fruity, and a gorgeous hue of pink, it holds a place all its own on the bar-top. – Eva
Blood Orange Margarita
By Eva Kosmas Flores of Adventures in Cooking
• ⅓ cup kosher flake sea salt
• 1/2 cup blood orange juice
• ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 2/3 cup honey
• 4 ounces tequila
• 4 ounces triple sec
• 3 cups ice
• Fill a rimmed plate with water so that it is ¼ inch deep. Pour the sea salt onto another small plate, patting it down flat so that it is about ¼ inch deep, as well. Flip your margarita glasses upside down and dip the rim in the water, then dip it in the sea salt. Set it aside right side up.
• Blend all remaining ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Evenly distribute between the 4 margarita glasses. Serve immediately.
recipe + photos by Eva Kosmas Flores of Adventures in Cooking for designlovefest– want more food posts? go here!
This lineup of inspiration is kind of odd, but I love it. It’s as if you entered a modern, geisha version of Alice in Wonderland. It makes my head spin and imagination run wild. Hey, let’s dream a bit. –stephanie
by andrea castro
by scheltens & abbenes
via lovely indeed
by lola donoghue
by akimasa harada
illustration by natalie ryan
by katie Rodgers, paper fashion studio
by Alessandro dal buoni via I dream of shoes
You can follow designlovefest on pinterest here & stephanie here!