i’m a big fan of thai food but never make it at home. i’ve always thought i’d need a bunch of bizarre ingredients and it wouldn’t be worth the effort. that is until ivan introduced us to this recipe. it’s simple, fast and a much clearer version of the often greasy pad thai you’d find at a restaurant. – joanie
what you’ll need:
• 1 package of brown rice pad thai noodles
• 4 eggs whisked
• 1 cup cooked, cleaned and de-shelled shrimp
• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
• 2 limes juiced
• 1 cup bean sprouts
• 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
• 2 large chard, de-stemmed
• 1/2 cup thinly peeled carrots
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons green onion diced
• cilantro for garnish
• in a medium size bowl, whisk together the 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, 3 tablespoons coconut sugar and 2 limes juiced. what I love about making this sauce homemade is that you can adjust the amounts to your personal tastes. if you like your sauce to be a little sweeter just add more coconut sugar, or if you like it to be more savory, add a tiny bit more oyster sauce. we wanted to keep ours lighter so we stayed with these amounts and loved the results.
• cook the pad thai noodles according to the package directions, drain and set aside. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil on medium heat. Sauté the de-stemmed and chopped chard and peeled carrots carrots, about 2 minutes or until the chard has released some of its water and reduced in size. In a separate pan cook the four whisked eggs and set aside.
•Drop in the pad thai noodles with the cooked chard and carrots and stir. Mix in the whisked eggs, green onions, crushed peanuts, shrimp and bean sprouts. Continue to cook for another minute or so stirring constantly.
Serve with a fresh garnish (we used cilantro!). We also added additional bean sprouts and a lime wedge for additional flavor. Enjoy!
photos by: ivan solis
summer is finally here and it’s the perfect time for summer entertaining! what better way to entertain than with pretty glassware for your favorite refreshments? here’s a roundup of pretty glassware for your summer parties. we made these delicious watermelon cucumber coolers last week. try one of our cocktail recipes too. cheers! – erika
copper cup by yield design co
moroccan tea glasses from world market
dottie drink glass from crate and barrel
pineapple cup from the pineapple co
fleur de lis tumblr from anthropologie
copper cocktail glass from crate and barrel
CLICK THROUGH FOR MORE GLASSWARE…
lisa nagel made these fun desktops for us this week. LOVE the gems! lots of cool desktops here… which are your favorites? click through to download them below!
CLICK THROUGH TO DOWNLOAD THE DESKTOPS…
it’s going to be the summer of culottes and we’re not mad about it! these cropped pants are cut with a full leg that can gives the illusion that you’re wearing a skirt but with the ease and versatility of pants. we’re spotting them around town in so many pretty prints, soft fabrics and with cool pleats. we can’t wait to get our hands on a pair!
love the vintage photos of how women in the 40’s were styling them. we read that the origin of the culotte was a riding pant for women, to make it look like they were wearing a skirt but with the coverage to ride in a saddle. pretty cool!
many of the current styles of culottes come with a higher cut waist which is perfect for utilizing all of those crop tops out this season! below are some of our favorites we’ve found from around the web! they are surprisingly flattering because they show off the ankle bone and pair well with variety of shoes. we’re most fond of them paired with an open toe, minimal strapped shoe which makes the look very clean and modern.
shop the below:
citizen of humanity cropped denim
lover drifter culottes
floral cutout culottes
jesse kamm sailor pants
the sailor pant in white
some of our other favorite fashion posts: the waist tie, duster coats, and pretty pleats!
furniture giveaway! we’re so excited about this giveaway… one lucky winner will receive ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS to spend on anything on article! you can get a few chairs, a table, or even a sofa. we have the sven sofa in our studio, and you can also get an apartment-sized Sven. to enter click through below and comment with your favorites…good luck, everyone!
CLICK THROUGH TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY…